Random buff result question

sloosecannon

Okay... so I was playing around with SOA2 (yeah, I know, ima traitor) and I realized that their Borg assimilation buff has some sort of randomization factor... IE it will sometimes work, but sometimes not... is there a way to implement that in SOGE? I'm thinking have some like supercap or something have an "Invasion" ability, that either deals damage or completely assimilates the planet based on a random factor... probably more likely to be damage, not assimilation lol...

I'm thinking have the DCS be able to do that... 1st off it would allow it to do some planet damage (flavorfully), and if you're lucky, you could take the whole thing over...

EDIT: Considering how powerful that could be, maybe make it like a 2 minute ability or something? That could really only be used if you have the enemy space fleet routed...

Ideas? Flames? Jawas?

Sins of a Galactic Empire Mod Team Staff

Erm, what exactly are you talking about? As well, assimilation is something that works on ships; you can't implement anything like that into SoGE. As well... I'm not willing to put time into that, not when there are more important things such as model rigging to do.

What you are thinking is the DCS is a Rebellion (the SW game, not the expansion) like suggestion; this has been proven to be impossible, you can't "take over" a planet.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Erm, what exactly are you talking about? As well, assimilation is something that works on ships; you can't implement anything like that into SoGE. As well... I'm not willing to put time into that, not when there are more important things such as model rigging to do.

What you are thinking is the DCS is a Rebellion (the SW game, not the expansion) like suggestion; this has been proven to be impossible, you can't "take over" a planet.

Well, by assimilation I meant taking over a planet...

Darn, that kinda ruins my plans...

Sins of a Galactic Empire Mod Team Staff

Copyright (c) 1999-2022 by SWRebellion Community - All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. Star Wars(TM) is a registered trademark of LucasFilm, Ltd. We are not affiliated with LucasFilm or Walt Disney. This is a fan site and online gaming community (non-profit). Powered by Invision Community