got a few questions about the features and how best to play

TopAce6

ok first off i want to get this out of the way, is this intended? see image 1, the back drop is blurry and distorted when facing the default camera direction.

2... for the next question what game speeds and AI settings are reccomended for this mod? i am accustomed to playing on the fastest setting with large fleets and the Hardest AI.

3 However there is a Absurd amound of asteroids....ive seen around 10 asteroids on 1 planet!, and after capturing 2 planets i was getting near 15 metal and crystal persecond... is this just for testing purposes? im feeling that i need to play on normal speeds instead of fast to compensate... as in lower the resources...

4 What is with the map selections? ( See Image 2 ) i dont understand what enlarged and extra planets mean.... on that note i am used to playing single star medium random maps, Can i play the ramdom maps?, or do i need to play the handmade maps?

5 if there is a compiled list of features and information on this mod i would love to see it, i have searched around but only found small bits and pieces of old and mostly outdated information....

6 Music, what is planned for the music? IM glad to see the Imperial march (always a hit at resturants when i start playing it on the Piano) are yall planning adding on more SW music? or have yall done it and i just havent heard it yet...?

7 I find that Defensive strusctuires are not balanced, is htis a work in progress or aare they as intended? am i free to adjust them to be in balance with ships and general game play? do you want help in balancing them? if so would i just link the updated text files? if you wan them noded to yu ahve a idea how you want them to work? cheap early planet defence? but weak? or mre expensive and strong even enough to last a min against a small capital ship.

With the Gravity well sizes the way they are, and the limited tactical slots, i would think that at least the range should be greatly increased, which would make sense as Real life Artillery knows how to reach out and "TOUCH" any spot in guite a large area... through Practice drills.... Something i imagine Imperial oficers doing frequently. a few ideas i had in mind would be that they are adjusted for much greater range, but stay cheap and weak for early gameplay, however with research (VERY EXPENSIVE RESEARCH!) they could become quite a bit stronger...and useful in later stages of the game.

Image 1http://i.imgur.com/VY1w9.jpg

Image 2 http://i.imgur.com/MebxF.jpg

ADMIN: make this more readable by turning those images into links

ok first off i want to get this out of the way, is this intended? see image 1, the back drop is blurry and distorted when facing the default camera direction.

The backdrop is a known issue... Admittedly there's only one guy who can play around with it, and he hasn't done so yet.

2... for the next question what game speeds and AI settings are reccomended for this mod? i am accustomed to playing on the fastest setting with large fleets and the Hardest AI.

Using Insane or Hard for the AI is recommended; other settings are up to you.

3 However there is a Absurd amound of asteroids....ive seen around 10 asteroids on 1 planet!, and after capturing 2 planets i was getting near 15 metal and crystal persecond... is this just for testing purposes? im feeling that i need to play on normal speeds instead of fast to compensate... as in lower the resources...

SoGE uses a different resource setup than vanilla; you need time to adjust.

4 What is with the map selections? ( See Image 2 ) i dont understand what enlarged and extra planets mean.... on that note i am used to playing single star medium random maps, Can i play the ramdom maps?, or do i need to play the handmade maps?

The regular maps are still available to play. Extra Planets means you start with 3 planets instead of 1, and Enlarged means that the galaxy is a bit bigger, and more importantly, you will spawn with a few tier 1-3 planets near you.

5 if there is a compiled list of features and information on this mod i would love to see it, i have searched around but only found small bits and pieces of old and mostly outdated information....

There is no such a list, unfortunately.

6 Music, what is planned for the music? IM glad to see the Imperial march (always a hit at resturants when i start playing it on the Piano) are yall planning adding on more SW music? or have yall done it and i just havent heard it yet...?

There's a good deal of music ingame, you just haven't heard all of it yet. ;)

7 I find that Defensive strusctuires are not balanced, is htis a work in progress or aare they as intended? am i free to adjust them to be in balance with ships and general game play? do you want help in balancing them? if so would i just link the updated text files? if you wan them noded to yu ahve a idea how you want them to work? cheap early planet defence? but weak? or mre expensive and strong even enough to last a min against a small capital ship.

Do you have any specific feedback regarding structures? Or is this just general? As this is a beta, everything is a work in progress. The backbone of every planet's defense layout should be star bases; structures are meant to support them and/or to take on smaller fleets. The Hangar Defense is the best structure, in terms of slot usage and the Turbolaser Turret uses only 0.3 slots; allowing you to put in 3 of them for every one Missile Defense, in comparison.

With the Gravity well sizes the way they are, and the limited tactical slots, i would think that at least the range should be greatly increased, which would make sense as Real life Artillery knows how to reach out and "TOUCH" any spot in guite a large area... through Practice drills.... Something i imagine Imperial oficers doing frequently. a few ideas i had in mind would be that they are adjusted for much greater range, but stay cheap and weak for early gameplay, however with research (VERY EXPENSIVE RESEARCH!) they could become quite a bit stronger...and useful in later stages of the game.

The range for structures will not be changed. As well, only some planets have limited slots, others like the Ecumenopolis (think Coruscant) have an immense amount of slots. Likewise, some planets have larger gravity wells while others have smaller ones. Also, structures are already boosted by research. There are three specific research techs in the Defense tree that do this, in addition the general firepower, shielding, and armor upgrades which also effect structures.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Yes i have been playing around wi it all night, i honestly might have had it confused with the empire from 7ds, or a earlier version of this mod, i have nearly every mod out for sins, somemes it gets confusing, especily with several mods having e Empire.... i noticed the ranges were not near as bad as i recall on defensive platforms its honesty completely different then i recall. On a good note, So i see Far no real bugs other then the AI unusually slow/easy compared to Vanilla. Im used to being in last place at the start of the game, bit here im actually in first place in several categories... But i believe u dont touch the AI,.. so not Much that can be done about that... Or am i wrong?

Yes i have been playing around wi it all night, i honestly might have had it confused with the empire from 7ds, or a earlier version of this mod, i have nearly every mod out for sins, somemes it gets confusing, especily with several mods having e Empire.... i noticed the ranges were not near as bad as i recall on defensive platforms its honesty completely different then i recall. On a good note, So i see Far no real bugs other then the AI unusually slow/easy compared to Vanilla. Im used to being in last place at the start of the game, bit here im actually in first place in several categories... But i believe u dont touch the AI,.. so not Much that can be done about that... Or am i wrong?

The mod in the past did not have the current planets setup and it used to have shorter weapon ranges for defense platforms. Sadly; there's nothing much, if anything, that can be done to deal with the AI's behavior. I would high suggest playing on one of the Enlarged - Extra Planets random maps instead of the vanilla ones, as these have been made to try and "help" the AI.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.