the50first's thread

the50first

Ok. So seeing as How most of my shit is general ideas, I think it might deserve its own thread lol.I will update periodically. New Updates will be dated and near the bottom.

Start September 3, 2011

Balence for empire, late game.

Empire should have the worst allegience, which would deteriorate in proportion to fleet upgrades. Balences out late game, make other factions target culture centers, and that should balence the empire out pretty well

INCOME: Are you sure about the amount of mines. Have you proportioned the credit income properly to the new scale?

Limit on supercapitals?

Text for ships whenin build selection:

Suggestion

Discription Should be exclusive to what each of the 3 weapons on the vessle have defined for their proejctile is TAILORED TO. Aka, Anti Fighter, anti capital, antimedium,antiheavy, ect.

I know its sort of like this already, but for heavier ships like the ISD1 and ISD2, its hard to determine which should be purchased because they're both so similar.

Questions: what the fuck did you use for exporting your models? Your ships files are MASSIVE in comparison to soase's. If you're using 3ds max, You might want to compare the file size of your model exported in max vs xsi as the developers used, to see if thats what's causing them to be so large. Also. I cant seem to importthe models into 3ds max using soase import/exporter tool *Sadpanda* I was rather looking forward to fucking around with them :/

Also, what are all the "S-CG" and annotations stand for?

Alliance Suggestions:

Well now, I've just had a decent idea. Perhaps its not the most well thought out, but lets see how people react to it. Perhaps near later tech levels the alliance could have an equivalant to a phase stabilizer node which would be tantamount to simulating dessertions from the imperial fleet and assimilation into the alliance. Ships wouldnt be all that good as far as how strong they are, maybe a couple of nebulons and the RARE isd mk1.

Also, You might want to introduce "Fake" tradeships for the rebellion that can only be targeted manually, and will steal Cash from other players trade ports via an ability. I've seen such abilities in other mods attached to ships..Last one i rememeber was maelstrom mod i think....One of the dreadnoughts in there had it iirc.

Much more sly/Fuckyou tactics for the alliance.

One more suggestion to fuck around with other factions. You might want to consider adding a new structure called "Rebel Cell Coordinator" That will allow planets to establish a temporary phase lane with Planets within X range of planet hosting structure. Including hostile, neutral and allied. This would be accomplished using hte kotshdfoiahsofihs Vasari cannon projectile launch ability, but removing the mesh, particles, and damage affiliated with it.

CIS notes

Research Suggestions

Slavery price reductions-->Homogenous Parts

Glitches /

Scale up droid fighter squads....

exhaust missing on many models

Pinneance needs smoothing groups on back shaft near engines

Upgrades not attached to upgrade tree they're part of. Ie shields, and other shit

malevolence mesh = Fucked up. near engine section, texture is shit.

Somebody send me some of these in max will you? I'll fix them up a bit

Malevolence ion cannon should be restricted to side fireing. Maybe you could code it as a third weapon, and have it activate when in alternate weapon mode, like lrm frigates from the original.

Empire Balence:

torpedo sphere is retarded

executor needs to loose its abilities, they're godly.

How the fuck have you people taken the executor down before, if ever?

Campaign Glitches

This pissed me off.

giant ice planet = mother fucking need for volcanic exploration...(kashyykk mediuim campaign...) (Blimph)

Campaign suggestions

Add cap dock and frigate factory to start forces

As for ship testing:

This is how I achieved balence in my eaw mods. should be universal for all games pretty much.

You should create a scenerio with a "Dumb" ai that doesnt do anything with regards to the galactic view, but will engage in tactical.

Throw an astroid planet in with a ship, and put a phase lane from there to another planet with another factions ship that is comparable to the original ship of your asteroid planet. Make them slug it out and see the results. This helps alot with determining how on par similar ships are.

End September 3, 2011

start september 4th

Changes for all factions:

Advanced fighters should be father down the tech line. Carriers need normal fighters for a bit longer since they're pretty much right next to eachother...

Low health on turbo structure to start, with upgrade that is. they start at like, half health..

Holy shit. All the lower tier ships suck after about 10 mins into the game. I feel like a rebalence is needed for all ships.....maybe so that its more firepower orianted than shield and hull orianted. it seems that general rule of thumb is that if ships have high shields, they typically win against many ships that have lower shields. There is no point to building lower tier ships if you can afford Cruiser Varient capital ships.

First Play with rebellion

up credit cost of bulk cruiser. (Mines warrent this)

Up credit cost of mines deployed

Do shaped proton charges upgrade affect mc30s?

Corellian gunship is way more expensive than nebulon, is it better too?

Note, I never see corellian gunships/corvettes in battle. I have never tried them because they have little incentive to use, just like the nebulon. they're all so weak...

Glitches

Minidump when playing a medium extra planets enlarged. 2 empire ai, 1 rebel. And me, A rebel.

Things that came to mind while playing republic

Why would I use acclamator 2 if i have access to victory cruisers?

Venetor (AND VICTORY) wants to oriant to left side to fire regardless of whichever side is already facing the enemy. caused by not having front weapon doing most damage.

end september 4th

Update September 12

Build 618 (I think... build from september 6-7 or so)

Idea. Add a research for antifighter weaponry for structures so that fighterrape could nolonger occur.

buzzdroids should not be selected without research...

Lasers for cis and rebels hsould be red, not orange.

Muzzleflashes for republic fighters should be blue not orange.

i dont know if strikecraft hosted to sensor scrambled vessles do damage or not

I think the research tree should be more normalized, so that you have to research vessle era tiers rather than have them all to begin and researching just general things like "TURBOLASER STRIKE" and the such. Those ability researches get annoying, and the ships are worthless till then.

Units should be added into their slots by PURPOSE. IE, Transport in bottom left corner of Frigate UI, Combat frigate upper right corner, ect. Standardized across all factions.

buzzdroids shield pierce without shield piercing tech?

UBERBUZZDROID STACKING. There needs to be a cap.

Droid control ship cannot bombard.

recusant needs abilities. Turbolaser strike maybe? and new ecm stuff?

isd needs hull lines darkened.

what does droid control system upgrade do?

tractorbeam needs new sound effect

MOD NEEDS AN ABILITY MANUAL FOR HOW ABILITIES WORK, AND WHAT TO EXPECT OF THEM

Is there a limiter to how many pirates spawn on planets, or is that done manually

dreadnought population vs victory ships? Worth more yet weaker.

Warb null made a nice republic station model. i suggest you use it in place of golan. Just for aesthetic purposes

trafed 2 neesd better turning speed to compensate for left side fireing only.

Jedifighters are arc 170s? Shouldnt it be eta2s or delta 7's, just so its more iconic?

List of new, helpful, assets

And Yes, I can probably rig them for you if you say PLEASE ;P

http://empireatwar.filefront.com/file/Republic_YWing;99505 (Would fill the role of advanced republic bomber)

http://empireatwar.filefront.com/file/Republic_Starbase;100277 (Replacement for golan model)

http://empireatwar.filefront.com/file/Republic_Light_Cruiser;109115 (Replacement for.....Something ugly. Bayonette maybe?)

Republic at war has Evillejedi's Eta2's, delta 7's, malevolence, and a bunch of other shit by evillejedi that he donated to imperial assault. Hell. I wouldnt be surprised if z3r0x had the entire model archive of eville

http://www.moddb.com/mods/republic-at-war/images/things-arent-going-so-well-for-the-republic1#imagebox (evillejedi malevolence mesh skinned by arvis)

End september 12

Edited by the50first
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

alence for empire, late game.

Empire should have the worst allegience, which would deteriorate in proportion to fleet upgrades. Balences out late game, make other factions target culture centers, and that should balence the empire out pretty well

Impossible under Sins' engine.

INCOME: Are you sure about the amount of mines. Have you proportioned the credit income properly to the new scale?

Yep. Have you noticed how some planets have negative income?

Limit on supercapitals?

Maybe in Rebellion; currently impossible.

Text for ships whenin build selection:

Suggestion

Discription Should be exclusive to what each of the 3 weapons on the vessle have defined for their proejctile is TAILORED TO. Aka, Anti Fighter, anti capital, antimedium,antiheavy, ect.

I know its sort of like this already, but for heavier ships like the ISD1 and ISD2, its hard to determine which should be purchased because they're both so similar.

Not entirely sure what you mean here. Strings, specifically the bit that says what each ship is good for, is being worked on, the Frigates have these already. Also the two ISDs are indeed very similar, from a coding perspective they are nearly the same, the two have different abilities, slightly different weaponry, and the ISD2 has better acceleration.

Questions: what the * did you use for exporting your models? Your ships files are MASSIVE in comparison to soase's. If you're using 3ds max, You might want to compare the file size of your model exported in max vs xsi as the developers used, to see if thats what's causing them to be so large. Also. I cant seem to importthe models into 3ds max using soase import/exporter tool *Sadpanda* I was rather looking forward to * around with them :/

Unfortunately only EJ can answer this question. Also, there's a .mesh to .xsi tool/script on the Sins forum by myfist0, unless that's what you are referring to, can get a link if you want one. If you're able to get this working, do let me know, as I'm planning to do this so I can get some HUD icons for the Vong.

Also, what are all the "S-CG" and annotations stand for?

They're simple additions to the base name, SD obviously being Star Destroyer, though I admit I'm not entirely sure what "CG" is. They're there for flavor really.

Alliance Suggestions:

Well now, I've just had a decent idea. Perhaps its not the most well thought out, but lets see how people react to it. Perhaps near later tech levels the alliance could have an equivalant to a phase stabilizer node which would be tantamount to simulating dessertions from the imperial fleet and assimilation into the alliance. Ships wouldnt be all that good as far as how strong they are, maybe a couple of nebulons and the RARE isd mk1.

I'm really not sure what you're trying to say here. Do you mean something like the Vasari's Dark Fleet ability?

Also, You might want to introduce "Fake" tradeships for the rebellion that can only be targeted manually, and will steal Cash from other players trade ports via an ability. I've seen such abilities in other mods attached to ships..Last one i rememeber was maelstrom mod i think....One of the dreadnoughts in there had it iirc.

Everything can be targeted automatically, engine restrictions. Also these abilities are indeed in the game; the Lucrehulk DCS' Blockade is what you are thinking of.

One more suggestion to * around with other factions. You might want to consider adding a new structure called "Rebel Cell Coordinator" That will allow planets to establish a temporary phase lane with Planets within X range of planet hosting structure. Including hostile, neutral and allied. This would be accomplished using hte kotshdfoiahsofihs Vasari cannon projectile launch ability, but removing the mesh, particles, and damage affiliated with it.

I'm not sure this is even possible to be honest.

Glitches /

Scale up droid fighter squads....

exhaust missing on many models

Can you expand on this?

Pinneance needs smoothing groups on back shaft near engines

If someone is willing to do that, this would be awesome. I'm no modeler though...

Upgrades not attached to upgrade tree they're part of. Ie shields, and other shit

Examples please?

malevolence mesh = * up. near engine section, texture is shit.

The Malevolence has no skin.

Somebody send me some of these in max will you? I'll fix them up a bit

They're only in .mesh atm, unless Evaders knows of a secret file repository or folder that has the originals. =/ The previously mentioned .mesh to .xsi plugin for 3ds max sounds like your best bet.

Malevolence ion cannon should be restricted to side fireing. Maybe you could code it as a third weapon, and have it activate when in alternate weapon mode, like lrm frigates from the original.

Unfortunately I don't think abilities can be coded to fire from the right or left side, at least on ships. Might be wrong on this though. I'll look up that LRF bit if I get the time.

Empire Balence:

torpedo sphere is retarded

executor needs to loose its abilities, they're godly.

How the * have you people taken the executor down before, if ever?

The Torpedo Sphere seems useless but if used right it can be rather useful. Can take out anything under a cap ship instantly with it's Study Target ability, and iirc, that ability when fully upped can take out a level 1 capital ship (save possibly the Vong ones) instantly as well. It can be rather useful, and it's Planetary Shield Breech ability is nice in helping take down planets. The Executor can be taken out with a ton of other ships, capitals, supercaps, the works. The good thing is if you have ion abilities, or other delay abilities like Confusion, which can slow down the monster's rate of fire. When going up against an Executor you will lose much of your fleet, that's simply a fact of life. Another Excecutor or the Viscount or the Vong BB can take it on with some support. 3 Praetors or 2-3 Geo SDNs exceed the thing in firepower. The Malevolance's Ion cannons can temp disable it, as can the Jedi Venator's Confusion. Most of the Rebels' ships have Backup Shields which give them a crucial backup; lead them with a Mon Remonda or two and you should win.

Campaign Glitches

This pissed me off.

giant ice planet = mother * need for volcanic exploration...(kashyykk mediuim campaign...) (Blimph)

This is merely string things; planets are categorized by their tier scale, and not by planet type. I could rename Volcanic Exploitation to Extreme Climate Exploitation if that works better.

Campaign suggestions

Add cap dock and frigate factory to start forces

Which maps are you talking about? I could make it happen.

As for ship testing:

This is how I achieved balence in my eaw mods. should be universal for all games pretty much.

You should create a scenerio with a "Dumb" ai that doesnt do anything with regards to the galactic view, but will engage in tactical.

Throw an astroid planet in with a ship, and put a phase lane from there to another planet with another factions ship that is comparable to the original ship of your asteroid planet. Make them slug it out and see the results. This helps alot with determining how on par similar ships are.

With the Sins Dev.exe you can spawn ships at a given place and let them fight. No need to do such complex things.

I really appreciate all the feedback here, thanks for it!

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Ok. So since I'm not willing to requote EVERYTHING, I'm just to giong to copy blocks of text I'm responding to.

Are you sure. if you can figure out what file fleet supply is in, I can definately give it a shot.

Unfortunately only EJ can answer this question. Also, there's a .mesh to .xsi tool/script on the Sins forum by myfist0, unless that's what you are referring to, can get a link if you want one. If you're able to get this working, do let me know, as I'm planning to do this so I can get some HUD icons for the Vong.

You still Can. theres such thing called the 3dripper, http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm

works wonders. I'll lsee if i can find the xsi importer, but i have a feelling that evillejedi used some sort of beta exporting program for 3dsmax.

I'm really not sure what you're trying to say here. Do you mean something like the Vasari's Dark Fleet ability?

Yesssir. Pretty simple to code in. Gives the rebels some true variety too.

Everything can be targeted automatically, engine restrictions. Also these abilities are indeed in the game; the Lucrehulk DCS' Blockade is what you are thinking of.

Unfortunate but we can get around it via the ceasefire ability for some advent ship in the original game. This would be a cool little feature to add in. I'll work on adding it later thisweek

One more suggestion to * around with other factions. You might want to consider adding a new structure called "Rebel Cell Coordinator" That will allow planets to establish a temporary phase lane with Planets within X range of planet hosting structure. Including hostile, neutral and allied. This would be accomplished using hte kotshdfoiahsofihs Vasari cannon projectile launch ability, but removing the mesh, particles, and damage affiliated with it.

I'm sure it is. I can probably do this in a night if i wanted. I just have to get around to not being lazy is all lol.

I can do the pinnance if the fucking thing didnt have its uv mapping changed. I'll just grab the one I've been using in eaw lol.

dont recall lol. I'll figure it out. Actually, better idea, Just give me the file name and I'll throw it in there, Save you some work ;) Do you have an Instant messaging client?

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

What an "OMG member"?

Omega Modding group. Old Eaw thing. Long dead lol. We did a shit ton of work on the AOSW mod to start and released a ton of models.

Are you sure. if you can figure out what file fleet supply is in, I can definately give it a shot.

Allegiance is a value that can only be changed via culture and abilities. Fleet Supply is increased through research. This is besides the fact that such an ability would absolutely cripple the Empire and make them useless in comparison to any other faction.

You still Can. theres such thing called the 3dripper, http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm

works wonders. I'll lsee if i can find the xsi importer, but i have a feelling that evillejedi used some sort of beta exporting program for 3dsmax.

Here's the importer.

Yesssir. Pretty simple to code in. Gives the rebels some true variety too.

Eh. The AI wouldn't be able to use it well, the Imp ships wouldn't work well in the Rebel's fleet, and the AI techs up very early in the game.

Unfortunate but we can get around it via the ceasefire ability for some advent ship in the original game. This would be a cool little feature to add in. I'll work on adding it later thisweek

I'm sure it is. I can probably do this in a night if i wanted. I just have to get around to not being lazy is all lol.

With regards to this, the Rebels are already the second most powerful faction in the game, after the Vong, they do not need to be beefed up even more.

dont recall lol. I'll figure it out. Actually, better idea, Just give me the file name and I'll throw it in there, Save you some work ;) Do you have an Instant messaging client?

I need a map name as what you are talking about requires more than simply editing the map; it will require GalaxyScenarioDef file editing. I do indeed have multiple IM clients, I'll PM 'em to you.

start september 4th

Changes for all factions:

Advanced fighters should be father down the tech line. Carriers need normal fighters for a bit longer since they're pretty much right next to eachother...

I don't understand this. Why should adv. fighters be lower down the line? In addition, advanced fighters are not necessarily better, except in the case of bombers. For advanced fighters, with the exception of the Empire, health is decreased for the gain of more firepower and/or speed and maneuverability.

Low health on turbo structure to start, with upgrade that is. they start at like, half health..

They are already coded like this; do more research in the Defense tree. The turbos receive two health and a firepower upgrade after research.

Holy shit. All the lower tier ships suck after about 10 mins into the game. I feel like a rebalence is needed for all ships.....maybe so that its more firepower orianted than shield and hull orianted. it seems that general rule of thumb is that if ships have high shields, they typically win against many ships that have lower shields. There is no point to building lower tier ships if you can afford Cruiser Varient capital ships.

While frigates could use some tweaking, to say that they are useless is false. They are not useless and can be integrated into ship fleets if used correctly. Mine layers and clearers, grav well, carriers, and anti-fighter frigates fill their roles extremely well. Combat-oriented frigates can be an invaluable addition to a fleet. The Nebulons and Bayonet for example have powerful forward firing weapons that deal great damage, and amassing them in numbers can take down individual capital ships with ease. Adding them to a fleet which has a few cruisers and a capital ship and you have one hell of a fleet. Like in Star Wars proper, frigates are meant to support fleets, attack in numbers, or both. I will also note that I plan to rebalance frigates later on; for now I wish to focus on finishing strings, missing ship models/art, and the NR and Vong, as when that is done I honestly believe SoGE will be ready for it's next public release, assuming all goes well with that.

up credit cost of bulk cruiser. (Mines warrent this)

Up credit cost of mines deployed

I am against this as unlike mines you build through the planet menu, ship deployed mines are not invulnerable and thus can be targeted by any ship at any time.

Do shaped proton charges upgrade affect mc30s?

Do you mean the last missile tech research? If so, as the game indicates, yes they do.

Corellian gunship is way more expensive than nebulon, is it better too?

The Gunship is a scout. It also has high mitigation, which makes it more durable than the Nebulon. I wouldn't use it for combat due to it's lack of weapons however; I'll look into the cost of weak scouts.

Glitches

Minidump when playing a medium extra planets enlarged. 2 empire ai, 1 rebel. And me, A rebel.

More details please?

Why would I use acclamator 2 if i have access to victory cruisers?

Abilities, less supply, superior speed over the VSD I, and different armament from the VSD II. The Acclamator II is an extremely powerful ship, one whom I will likely nerf a bit. Though, whether one should use one over the other is a personal decision; I personally like using them over the VSD I due to their better speed, which allows them to keep up with the fleet and their abilities, even though they can't dish out as much, and cannot take as much, damage than a VSD I in ship to ship combat.

Venator (AND VICTORY) wants to oriant to left side to fire regardless of whichever side is already facing the enemy. caused by not having front weapon doing most damage.

This isn't a glitch in either case. In the case of the Venator it makes perfect sense as it's main cannon are more powerful on a broadside as then it can fire all four of them. In the case of the Victory II this is due to it's "secondary" lasers being side firing only.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe CG is an abbreviation for cruiser. "S" means either star or super; the former applies to the MC90 while the latter applies to the Providence. Originally the Providence had SD, for Star Destroyer, attached to the end of it's name but this ship is not a Star Destroyer, contrary to some silly comment on George Lucas' end, and thus I changed it.

Thanks forthe replys lavo. Before you release the final version of the mod, you might want to make clear about how it's supposed to play in terms of unit balence and tactics to the general public.

Idea. Add a research for antifighter weaponry for structures so that fighterrape could nolonger occur.

Structures already have flak ability. Build more Hangar Defenses.

buzzdroids should not be selected without research...

Sins engine limitation.

Lasers for cis and rebels hsould be red, not orange.

The file being called upon for the CIS/Rebels' lasers is RED_BLAST.tga in /Textures. Think you can take a look at this?

Muzzleflashes for republic fighters should be blue not orange.

Will look into this.

i dont know if strikecraft hosted to sensor scrambled vessles do damage or not

I've yet to see a sensor scrambled vessel able to spawn fighters; iirc they've been screwed with so they take infinitely long to build.

I think the research tree should be more normalized, so that you have to research vessle era tiers rather than have them all to begin and researching just general things like "TURBOLASER STRIKE" and the such.

I have to disagree with this, and it would also entirely change SoGE.

Those ability researches get annoying, and the ships are worthless till then.

Matter of opinion.

Units should be added into their slots by PURPOSE. IE, Transport in bottom left corner of Frigate UI, Combat frigate upper right corner, ect. Standardized across all factions.

Not all factions have ships which fill each role. Each ship's counterdesc clearly says (or rather, will once I finish them) what they can do, aka. colonize, lay mines, etc.

buzzdroids shield pierce without shield piercing tech?

Shield Piercing tech is ONLY for missile hardpoints on ships.

Hrm. Any suggestions on how large of a cap? I'm thinking somewhere between 5-15.

Droid control ship cannot bombard.

Not sure why this is an issue.

Why so? It's a cheap cruiser, meant to flood enemies, much like the Vindicator.

isd needs hull lines darkened.

Texture files can be found under the name: CAPITAL_IMPISDI***.dds With the *** representing the rest of the file, ex. _HULL_DA

what does droid control system upgrade do?

Activates a few of the Lucrehulk DCS' abilities.

The mod needs a manual for many things... Won't lie, this is an issue, something I hope to do, or someone else to do, but I just don't have the time for it with doing other stuff. Plus... I don't even understand every ability in the game to be frank, such as Mag Pulse Warheads, I don't even know if it works.

Is there a limiter to how many pirates spawn on planets, or is that done manually

You mean for raids?

dreadnought population vs victory ships? Worth more yet weaker.

The Republic's Dreadnaught has massive supply cost due to it's massive canon crew requirements. Though if you get 8 Dreads together they can match, if not a bit surpass, a Venator cruiser in total DPS (that is, each of the individual ships would surpass a Venator).

Warb null made a nice republic station model. i suggest you use it in place of golan. Just for aesthetic purposes

Why? The Golan is canon and the time is better spend elsewhere.

trafed 2 neesd better turning speed to compensate for left side fireing only.

Will look into this.

Jedifighters are arc 170s? Shouldnt it be eta2s or delta 7's, just so its more iconic?

The ARC-170 is a filler, like how the Rebels have a B-Wing as a Y-Wing. If you've been watching the models thread, you'd notice I have plans to rig an Eta-2. ;)Link's here. I also have the Delta-7, though I believe the Eta-2 would be a better fit, plus there's already an icon for it.

I'd love having some help with model stuff. Seeing as how you have some 3ds skills, you have no idea how much I'd appreciate the help. If you're curious to reading up on Sins rigging, here's a link which details the entire process from start to finish. Also, converting from ALO to MESH is, for most models, not difficult. As long as all the materials of the ship (excluding muzzle flashes and the like) are under one material (which is a must for Sins), and it already has a UV map, I can rig things easily and fairly quickly.

http://empireatwar.filefront.com/file/Republic_YWing;99505 (Would fill the role of advanced republic bomber)

The ARC-170 is already a pretty good bomber. Though fighters as a whole need reworking; I was thinking of using the NTB-630 (EJ made a great model for it, which I have) for that role.

Malevolence skin? Nice. ...Mind you IA2 has a skinned Malevolence, I'll check if it's EJ's.

The file being called upon for the CIS/Rebels' lasers is RED_BLAST.tga in /Textures. Think you can take a look at this?

I'll take a shot. lets see how bad it gets mucked up lol.

I've yet to see a sensor scrambled vessel able to spawn fighters; iirc they've been screwed with so they take infinitely long to build.

I meant to refer to the CIS sensor scramble ability. I've built fighters and bombers with sensor scrambled providences before and haven't tested.

Hrm. Any suggestions on how large of a cap? I'm thinking somewhere between 5-15.

5-15 buzzdroid entities? Or DPS total. IMO, Total DPS max for buzzdroids (When stacked) should be about 35/sec.

Why so? It's a cheap cruiser, meant to flood enemies, much like the Vindicator.

Never used the vindicator or the recusant lol. Always seemed underpowered for its price. Recusant already has a prow turbolaser mesh, Might as well make use of it somehow eh? Ability doesnt even have to be that strong, it'd just be there for aesthetics.

Texture files can be found under the name: CAPITAL_IMPISDI***.dds With the *** representing the rest of the file, ex. _HULL_DA

Yuppp. Know that lol. Do you have source psd files forthe skins? It'd be easier to work with if you did because there'd be less chance of me mucking up the whole of the hull while i learn photoshop.

The mod needs a manual for many things... Won't lie, this is an issue, something I hope to do, or someone else to do, but I just don't have the time for it with doing other stuff. Plus... I don't even understand every ability in the game to be frank, such as Mag Pulse Warheads, I don't even know if it works.

You mean for raids?

I meant for how many spawn on planets within a certain amount of space (So planets near homeworld for example)

I was playing a game the other day and half the planets near my starting capital were contested byMASSIVE pirate forces, while elsewhere in the galaxy there were relatively few. Could be a little more spread out.

Why? The Golan is canon and the time is better spend elsewhere.

Golan is just such a common sight. No matter. I'm rigging it anyhow for my own game modifications of this mod

The ARC-170 is a filler, like how the Rebels have a B-Wing as a Y-Wing. If you've been watching the models thread, you'd notice I have plans to rig an Eta-2. ;)Link's here. I also have the Delta-7, though I believe the Eta-2 would be a better fit, plus there's already an icon for it.

I'd love having some help with model stuff. Seeing as how you have some 3ds skills, you have no idea how much I'd appreciate the help. If you're curious to reading up on Sins rigging, here's a link which details the entire process from start to finish. Also, converting from ALO to MESH is, for most models, not difficult. As long as all the materials of the ship (excluding muzzle flashes and the like) are under one material (which is a must for Sins), and it already has a UV map, I can rig things easily and fairly quickly.

I've already rigged a few things before. I can model too. Give me a list of things that need rigging and I'll see how many I can do.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/republic-at-war/images/things-arent-going-so-well-for-the-republic1#imagebox (evillejedi malevolence mesh skinned by arvis)

Malevolence skin? Nice. ...Mind you IA2 has a skinned Malevolence, I'll check if it's EJ's.

This Is ia2. Ia2 merged with RaW about a year or two ago. Thats why they have so many of ia2's specific skins lol.

Side note. I'm Emailing sins devs seeing If i can get them to implement a few features in Rebellion for us. Any requests? I have planet type changing, Firing orientation and max factions listed so far.

I'll take a shot. lets see how bad it gets mucked up lol.

Much obliged.

5-15 buzzdroid entities? Or DPS total. IMO, Total DPS max for buzzdroids (When stacked) should be about 35/sec.

Mmk. If my understanding of the ability is right, I can stack/cap the hull damage only while leaving the effects untouched. Will try that.

Never used the vindicator or the recusant lol. Always seemed underpowered for its price. Recusant already has a prow turbolaser mesh, Might as well make use of it somehow eh? Ability doesnt even have to be that strong, it'd just be there for aesthetics.

Eh. Seems like a bit of a waste of time to code imo, and the Recusant is nice as it has decent hull for the price, though I admit I don't use it either.

Yuppp. Know that lol. Do you have source psd files forthe skins? It'd be easier to work with if you did because there'd be less chance of me mucking up the whole of the hull while i learn photoshop.

Unfortunately I only have access to the same files you do, those being the ones in the mod itself. Only EJ has the PSDs, if they exist.

I meant for how many spawn on planets within a certain amount of space (So planets near homeworld for example)

I was playing a game the other day and half the planets near my starting capital were contested byMASSIVE pirate forces, while elsewhere in the galaxy there were relatively few. Could be a little more spread out.

The Pirate raid bit is fairly glitched... It's something that's been noted on the Sins modding forum, that even though there is a limit for how many Pirate ships spawn per raid, the game doesn't adhere to them. The Pirates are essentially godmodders and hackers, no joke.

I've already rigged a few things before. I can model too. Give me a list of things that need rigging and I'll see how many I can do.

Will do, thanks again for this.

This Is ia2. Ia2 merged with RaW about a year or two ago. Thats why they have so many of ia2's specific skins lol.

I know that IA2 and RaW merged. I was IA2 staff for a little while, and post on the IA2 forums from time to time.

Side note. I'm Emailing sins devs seeing If i can get them to implement a few features in Rebellion for us. Any requests? I have planet type changing, Firing orientation and max factions listed so far.

Good luck... All of those have either been requested, or in the case of the latter, circumvented, already. You should check out the Sins' modding forum. To explain what I mean by circumvented, while one can only have a max of 6 or 7 factions per mod (forget how many exactly), you can get around this by stacking multiple "mods" upon each other which each have different races in them.