New Republic-Ai bug

DarkWolf_V

Were they near a volcanic or urban planet? if so, did they have enough research stations to colonize it? The AI tends to get stuck when there's a planet that they can't colonize... it won't go on until it colonizes it, and it can't colonize it without more stations (IE logistics slots, IE planets) so it gets stuck
Sins of a Galactic Empire Mod Team Staff

Well I believe the way we decided to fix this is change how planets spawn in the galaxies to spawn the hi-level planets farther from the start... that way there's less of a chance of the AI getting stuck on them

Well I believe the way we decided to fix this is change how planets spawn in the galaxies to spawn the hi-level planets farther from the start... that way there's less of a chance of the AI getting stuck on them

This is the case; the "Enlarged" maps are maps which address this issue. I would imagine the "Dispersed" series work as well, due to having only 2 or 3 players per galaxy (which means more expansion room per player) though I haven't really tested this.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Well how about creating more logistics slots? There are times where I as a human player have trouble with this exact problem... and depending on the galaxy you get, you can really get screwed with planets... I had one time where there were like 3 uncolonizables and a huge shipyard planet... Needless to say, it was quite rough

Well how about creating more logistics slots? There are times where I as a human player have trouble with this exact problem... and depending on the galaxy you get, you can really get screwed with planets... I had one time where there were like 3 uncolonizables and a huge shipyard planet... Needless to say, it was quite rough

This shouldn't be an issue with the Enlarged maps, you have the Asteroid and Tech3 planet which always spawn near you, plus an extra planet or two. Unless you are referring to the regular maps, in which case I can sympathize as I've ran into the exact same scenario before. The Enlarged series was specifically done in order to allow for more "easy to access" logistic slots. The RandomCol1_2_3 group it calls upon does not have any shipyards nor uncolonizables.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.