ASSERTS!!!!!

sloosecannon

Okay... so I'm getting like 100

"Assert @ c:\gs\entrenchment\CodeSource\GS/Entity/Interfaces/IBuff.cpp(3107)

false"

errors in my startup whenever I run in DEV mode...

I think it might have something to do with the crash on using the Mandator's turret's mines... what's particularly intriguing is the error thrown right before these...

"Failed to convert 'Replace with new buff' to an enum value"

which implies a line missing or something in one of the entities... the problem is though, it doesn't tell me which one...

I'm trying to bugcheck this now... If anyone has any clue about this, feel free to post...

Sins of a Galactic Empire Mod Team Staff

"Failed to convert 'Replace with new buff' to an enum value"

This one is due to the Ship Graveyard abilities; this will go away once we upgrade to Diplomacy. It shows up on load if ShowErrors is enabled on the normal exe.

As for the others, I've noticed them too, also getting a ton of Exhaust errors and ArrayList crap. The Exhaust one is a particular nuisance, I believe it is due to ships either not having an exhaust detail/particles, or having flawed ones, I believe it is the former.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Darn... any idea about the Ibuff one? That's the one that's got me confused... would that be because of the ship graveyards thing too?

Might be related. Try taking out the following entities temporarily (might screw with the colonizers and thus MD, be warned) and see if it kills errors:

Ability_Grave

Ability_Grave2

Buff_Grave

Buff_Grave2

Ability_CaptureDead

Buff_CaptureDead

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Copyright (c) 1999-2022 by SWRebellion Community - All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. Star Wars(TM) is a registered trademark of LucasFilm, Ltd. We are not affiliated with LucasFilm or Walt Disney. This is a fan site and online gaming community (non-profit). Powered by Invision Community