RAM Minidump fix (SOME COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE REQ'D!)

sloosecannon

It sounds like the mod didn't complete downloading during the SVN Checkout. Try running that again, but to the same folder, and overwrite when necessary.
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

The problem seems to have been something to do with shadows, I spent some time changing setting one by one and after I switched them off it did not crash anymore. Haven't had too much time to test it but played a 2 hour game with New Republic and ai vong and old republic without any crash.

It's probably just my PC but is anyone else is having a similar issue switching off shadows may help. It didn't seem affected by level of detail in other things.

Having trouble with this, getting minibump every time, tried changing settings, tried both of the things to allow more ram and its still happening, any ideas?

Checksum = -1145020503

Try running the game with only the CORE module enabled, see if it runs. If not, it means the SVN Checkout didn't finish.

Also, I came across a minidump error related to the Providence within the last few hours; currently fixing it.

Try running the game with only the CORE module enabled, see if it runs. If not, it means the SVN Checkout didn't finish.

Also, I came across a minidump error related to the Providence within the last few hours; currently fixing it.

did not work :( loads for maybe 5 seconds bar doesn't move then crash, same as before :(

If the CORE module isn't loading then your install is messed up. You'll need to run SVN Checkout a few times to the same folder, overwrite if necessary. If that doesn't work, you'll have to reinstall.

I tried updating after you made your last post and now its working for me :) although a friend of mines game is still not working.

Basically what happens is he picks a map and teams then when the game is loading the map to start the battle that's when it gives the mini dump, hes tried everything i have but it still doesn't work.

Great, that's a relief to hear. :) Has your friend tried the following: Trying to run the game after the crash, making no changes. Lowing ALL graphics settings to Low, turning off shadows, and running the CORE module only. Running SVN Checkout multiple times?

• 2 months later...

For a mod on Europa universalis III (MEIOU mod) they use an exe patcher that lets the x86 programs (32 bit) use 4 gig of memory.

Using this: http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

you literally download it (21KB) unzip it. and run it, find the sins exe on your pc, and double click / select it. pretty simple.

haven't tested it yet (i just did it myself ;p) but i thought id just throw it out there.

-Blaz

That's basically a LAA-like program. Doesn't make much of a difference; if you REALLY want Sins to use more than 2 GB, run it on Linux via WINE. I can tell you, other than stopping crashes some people may get, it won't help much as you will still suffer from the CPU bottleneck.