List of working map

MrPhildevil

Hello all, I seem to get a problem often: the start defeated error. It looks to me as if some of the maps just aren't finished. Today, I tried the map "Star Wars Galaxy Lite". I was defeated without doing anything, so I chose to "keep playing" to see what is this crap about. Turns out this map was empty. So I guess we should make a list of working map or one that lists which are not working/wip.

Some of the maps were built around NU's alpha release and haven't been brought up to standards, or are simply unfinished. A list would be greatly appreciated; with it I'll go through the broken maps and either fix them or remove them.
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

I've had problems too. What changes have been made recently so they stopped working ?

None... This is the first time I've heard of maps, other than the IC's pre-made ones, not functioning properly. Can you tell me what exactly you are having problems with?

Okay, so IC's map are known issues. This makes thing easier. Let us start with Small maps:

The maps you added are these:

-Sith Space Defense: Working

-Sith Space Invasion: W

-The Centrality: Instant defeat (D)

-Arkanis: D

-SW Galaxy Lite: D

In addition:

I believe I got "Balance of power" to work though the pirates are dead.

Interconnected work, if you feel like playing alone on one single planet and no way to get elsewhere.

Are there any other maps you did on small?

Could you list all those that you added? If so, I'll check which are working and which aren't much faster ;)

Ok basically the large map I made which Star wars Lite with more added and a little re jigging here or there is getting the instant defeat message. I presume the Star Wars Lite map is the same (someone confirmed this earlier). The map was working fine up until about 3 weeks ago (approx very rough guess) as it was all upto date with all current planets and Nova's latest release.

Did you mention in another topic about removing large sized planets or soemthing similar ? Maybe Titan class planets not too sure or has the ammounts of mines been chnaged per planet?

I have searched everywhere and treble checked the map is in the correct place but to no avail. I put a reply in the "new maps" topic a few weeks back reporting this but got no response.

If you need any help let me know, btw do you know if Nova completed his large scale galaxy map ?

Some planets were renamed with the release of NU proper; this was done back on April 17th. Really, any maps that have issues have had them for months. I have no idea what happened to Nova... He seemed to have vanished at some point. As for a full listing of maps, here's all the new maps (besides the new Randoms) that have been added in:

Sith Space Invasion

Sith Space Defense

Kashyyyk and Neighbors

Arkanis Sector

The Centrality

Star Wars Galaxy Lite

Interconnected

Interconnected Trio

Fixed the Interconnected maps, didn't realize that Nova got rid of the WeightedColonizable group. As for Snowba11, you likely had those maps working with NU Alpha, not 1.2, the current version.

But I changed many types of planets in the map to fit with the newer types after loading in forge I started getting missing planet types and rather than keeping them randoms I chnaged them over to the newer option. Also the map now when loaded in Forge doesn't display any missing planet types, so I don't think its related to the types of planets in the map. Its something else imo.

I don't want this to sound like a critic, but how is it an amelioration if Alpha had those maps working and Beta does not?

As the alpha was never meant to be permanent; a bunch of the planets had filler or temporary names. Indeed, 1.2 brought about many changes and re-balancing, for the better. And really, the only maps that were affected (or rather, had yet to be fixed) are maps made by myself and Nova. The two interconnected maps (aka. the ones I put in) have been fixed and will be put in with the next update, it was an oversight on my part for not checking them. As for the latter... I don't really know what happened to Nova, though those maps are his to fix.

The galaxyscenariodef file in galaxyforge and in the soge folder are both the same I have just double checked. when using Forge there are no missing planet types come up, so that is not the problem it isn't anything to do with the planet type names. Have any numbers been tweaked recently with regards to mines or tactical slots something along those lines maybe above or below a hardcoded limit.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20430375/Star+Wars+Galaxy+Max.galaxy theres a link to my map. As you will be able to see all the planets are upto the latest version of NU.

Also what fixes did you need to do to your maps Lavo for them to work? As what ever issues are causing Galaxy Lite not to work will be the same issues thats affecting my map.

For Interconnected, it called upon a GalaxyScenDef group, WeightedColonizable, that does not exist. It wasn't compatible with NU 1.2. I found the problem with your map; it is calling calling upon WhiteStar, which no longer exists under that name, stars were changed in 1.2. If you set this to "RandomStar" or another star in the mod and put in SoGE's Galaxy folder (and of course put in an entry into galaxy.manifest) the mod will work.

While this might be a simple error; one of the players has his home planet set to a Jungle, and not his Ecumenopolis planet named Coruscant. The other player has his home planet set to an Ecumenopolis Large.

Sorry for the double post, forgot to add, yes the starting positions are mucked up atm after I was trying all soerts to sort it out. Also if anyone wants to D/L I will post the complete working version soon in the testing section on here in the new maps topic. Thanks again.

Not a problem. I would suggest making a new thread in the Features sub-forum for your maps, I tend to ignore the Testing sub-forum most of the time as new posts are 99% of the time new beta tester applicants, and besides, such a thread doesn't really belong in Testing.

I might be interested, but I'd also request some clear instructions for how to install this map pack for me and for others that might be interested ;)

All available here now with install instructions :D If you have any feedback please leave it there. Also the download link on that one is updated version of the map.

http://forums.swrebellion.com/viewtopic.php?f=588&t=27989&p=546398#p546398

• 1 month later...
Srry i've been away... I need to come back and update stuff..... and finish more maps. :( last moth was hell and i'll leave it at that. I'm slowly getting back into Star Wars stuff again. So I hope to make more maps before college starts up again.

Srry i've been away... I need to come back and update stuff..... and finish more maps. :( last moth was hell and i'll leave it at that. I'm slowly getting back into Star Wars stuff again. So I hope to make more maps before college starts up again.

Glad to see you're in one shape mate, hope all's well for you now.