Entrenchment or Diplomacy?

Evaders99

• SWR Staff - Executive

As NovaCameron is working on changes for Diplomacy, I want to see what users here play more. I think it's possible that we maintain two branches, but eventually with 1.2 patch and the expansion coming out, we probably want to move forward rather than backwards.

I personally have only been playing Entrenchment, but I don't mind moving to Diplomacy. It's really all about manpower and where we put our efforts. So what do you guys prefer (if the choice is supporting one versus the other)?

EDIT: Sorry the poll isn't working. I removed it

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I'll upload the Diplo version later today. Need to finish up NU 1.2 and update SOGE-D+NU to 1.2

I'll upload what I've done thus far, the Gameplay.constants file has been entirely fixed (still with your market, tax, and trade rates, plus other changes), so you do not have to worry about that. GalaxyScenarioDef has been fixed as well, as I said, the only things "missing" are things that were put in for some my maps, and are thus negligible, or my personal responsibility.

Edit: Here's entity.manifest, Gameplay, and GalaxyScenDef, all three work for 1.2. Here's the strings file that I forgot to include with those.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So here we are in September , any movement onto Diplomacy?

Btw. The extra planets are great, but how about new skyboxes? I know Nova has been busy..but is there a way to keep the planets and revert back to vanilla skyboxes?

Since rebellion will be including diplomacy changes, having it already converted to diplomacy will probably make it easier to covert to rebellion.
So here we are in September , any movement onto Diplomacy?

There plans to upgrade to Diplomacy once the Entrenchment version is done and ready for another public release. Before adding more things to balance and code, we are far better off getting what is currently on our plate done.

Btw. The extra planets are great, but how about new skyboxes? I know Nova has been busy..but is there a way to keep the planets and revert back to vanilla skyboxes?

This is not possible to my knowledge. You'd have to talk to Nova about this; I know nothing about skyboxes and am not willing to put in time and resources for them.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.