Works for Diplomacy?

GossamerSolid

Well just take the end of the entity file from the original. I just tacked it on. Copy the AbilityPlanet area on down.

That worked, was able to delete all of the old planet files as well. For now, the old population techs are the same, save the Volcanic (copied over the Vasari's first one, aka. now it's a 15% boost versus 50%). Brushes files will need some work, and possibly strings (didn't copy the string file over yet, will do that now). Edit: Yeah I'm going to have to add all of Nova's strings to SoGE's string file. >_< Nova, do you perchance have a good/quick string editor? As I got one but it kinda sucks.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Use the new tech4tech for the planets. Also use the new ones. Otherwise it's unbalanced. (And doesn't flow the way I want it to.) Use the new strings as the base and copy the SOGE part from the old on otherwise you have problems.

Copy over the brushes for all except the tech one. Then copy the last entry of the tech one into the SOGE tech one.

(Though once you do it I'll fix anything you missed.)

Edited by NovaCameron

Use the new tech4tech for the planets. Also use the new ones. Otherwise it's unbalance. Use the new strings as the base and copy the SOGE part from the old on otherwise you have problems.

Copy over the brushes for all except the tech one. Then copy the last entry of the tech one into the SOGE tech one.

There's far more strings in the SoGE string file than the planet mod's one. Pasting over SoGE's would be an utter nightmare. As for the tech4tech, you didn't include any population boosting research for tech in the mod; in the TEC player's file the standard population booting techs are used, which is what SoGE uses.

There's far more strings in the SoGE string file than the planet mod's one. Pasting over SoGE's would be an utter nightmare. As for the tech4tech, you didn't include any population boosting research for tech in the mod; in the TEC player's file the standard population booting techs are used, which is what SoGE uses.

I didn't say paste over the SOGE one. I said pull the SOGE part from the SOGE one and pop it into the other one. And no for pop stuff because that would be just insane. I moved the techs around.

I said pull the SOGE part from the SOGE one and pop it into the other one.

This is what I said I'm not doing; I'm going to do the opposite, as there's more strings in the SoGE file to paste over.

And no for pop stuff because that would be just insane. I moved the techs around.

I'm not sure what you mean here.

I changed the techs so they correspond to the planets better. tech5 is farther down the tech tree and more expensive. The SOGE string file is very organized. There are only two chunks. The names at the beginning and the stuff at the end. Mine on the other hand... is more divided up. And also then it's Diplo comparable right off the bat as well. :mrgreen:

I changed the techs so they correspond to the planets better. tech5 is farther down the tech tree and more expensive. The SOGE string file is very organized. There are only two chunks. The names at the beginning and the stuff at the end. Mine on the other hand... is more divided up. And also then it's Diplo comparable right off the bat as well. :mrgreen:

See, what I'm saying is that you forgot to include population research files in the RAR, except for the Vasari's volcanic ones, at least in the version that I DL'd.

Edited by Lavo

That's because there are none. I only moved the Vasari ones, not change them. That's it. There are no pop files for the centralized planet nor will there be. If there were they would have to be so low a percentage to be useless or they would have to be killer expensive. Edited by NovaCameron

That's because there are none. I only moved the Vasari ones, not change them. That's it. There are no pop files for the centralized planet nor will there be.

Oh. So you mean I should get rid of the population techs, if I'm reading you right?

Also, what program/app do you use to edit strings?

Right. Dump everything that is in SOGE right now that even connects to the planets.

Notepad++ Awesome program. Do all my modding on it. :P

If you want to add a pop for the col 5 planets that's ok.

...N++ can edit strings? Why did I not know this. >_< Wow, this just made my life like infinitely easier.

Copy/paste is god. :P It can edit ANY file in sins. except textures. :lol:

Definitely. Now all I need to do is figure out how to count the number of strings/StringInfo and I'm all good.

There'll be an update of the planet files tonight. Reworked pop prices, capital prices, new shield meshes, Drop the glossiness a little, and reworked tac and log slots.

K, I'll slap them in. For now all the strings are in, except for fighters, for some reason the game is not seeing them, even though they are in the strings file. The GalaxyScenDef needs a -bit- of reworking, but this will not be an issue.

Edit: For some reason homeworlds REFUSE to spawn with anything, even when coded as such.

Working on putting more techs into the game. Brushing up those that are there. All races have envoys now. Just using the Tech as filler. Need to put missions in next and mess with defenses. The SOGE ones are extremely weak.

Turrets and whatnot are intended to be somewhat weak, and cheap, with the "main" defenses being Golans and Hangar Defenses. I've been considering when the price of everything is changed, to leave the Turbolaser and Missile Turrets rather cheap, in comparison to even frigates. Though yeah they'll need some reworking.

Yes but they are useless as they are. They aren't weak. They are a paper defense. And 4 golans won't even keep a fleet off even a fortress world even for a few minutes if all they are is a large cap ship. Vanilla turrets are kinda tough but beatable. These... Well not even worth it. Buy a frigate. Would do you more good....

Yes but they are useless as they are. They aren't weak. They are a paper defense. And 4 golans won't even keep a fleet off even a fortress world even for a few minutes if all they are is a large cap ship. Vanilla turrets are kinda tough but beatable. These... Well not even worth it. Buy a frigate. Would do you more good....

Frigates take up supply, turrets do not. ;) I do agree that turrets need reworking, as I said, though I believe Golans can be used as an effective defense, when used right, upgrade times could likely use some slashing however.

Best defense I've had is with 32 Tac slots

intervaling jump-blockers and hangar defenses on the outer part, with 5 ion cannons toward the center, and 4 golan stations strategically placed. It stops pretty much anything that tries to attack... so it's workable... if tough

Edited by sloosecannon
Sins of a Galactic Empire Mod Team Staff

and BTW as far as envoy ships go, wouldn't this work?

Rep:

Consular Cruiser (obviously!)

CIS:

Hardcell or maybe CC9900(or whatever that thing is)

All/NR:

Correllian Corvette

Emp:

Nebulon B (MKI)

Vong:

[insert random vong frigate here]

Sins of a Galactic Empire Mod Team Staff