Things Done

Lavo

Alright so, as Evaders said in the New Blood thread, I've been working on some SoGE changes, mainly for fun (all of these have been tested in one or more MP matches, and multiple SP matches), however I'm not sure which of these you are interested/find appealing. Here's the, hopefully full, list:

-Near full set of NR icons (the 2D, zoomed out, view ones), lacks an MC60 as there's no ingame model for me to base an icon off of.

-Added in NR cruiser/capital (Nebula SD, Mediator, Viscount) and Vong frigate/cruiser/capital (AVEKLIUNNA, Vua'spar, Heavy Scout Ship, Malatok, GUROIKVALH, the Battleship) research techs, cleaned up the Vong research page as well

-Added in new planets (note: from a Ent adaptation of Sins Plus, modified by myself a bit, will ask Uzii for permission before slapping in/up, etc): Forrest (trade bonus, linked to terrain), Savannah (basically a larger Terrain, linked to terrain), Old Military Base (decent pop, has a massive amount of tactical slots, and the controller of it gets some ship bonuses in that planet's grav well, linked to terrain), Gas Giants (low health, hurts taxes even with full upgrades, is a nice gem however, due to the innate Moon bonus and logistic slots, is also it's own planet type), Ocean (linked to ice, lots of crystal), Paradise (somewhat low health, 100% culture spread increase, linked to terrain), Swamp (crap planet, has a nice 7000 health with max upgrades, has a calm and stormy season, linked to nothing), Toxic (this thing kills the AI, but it has some nice crystal and 9000 health fully up'd, linked to asteriod), Radiated (think a post-armageddon world, due to radiation, planet updates are slow, and pop growth is at 20% of the norm, linked to asteroid), Industrial (same pop as Savannah, ship build rate is higher here, and a good deal of log slots, linked to terrain), Relic (good overall planet, has a shield generator or two that goes off and on periodically, linked to desert), Shattered (post-cataclysmic natural disaster planet, lots of mines, low log and tac slots, linked to volcanic), Barren (a giant floating rock, lots of metal, 9000 health w/upgrades, linked to asteroid), and last but not least, Urban (say hello to Coruscant, massive pop count, game ender, has a custom garrison, linked to asteroid)

-Added in a ton of planet bonuses, I don't even know them all.

-Added in another volcanic pop upgrade, for balance, and because in SW Volcanics aren't that sparsely populated, still less than Ice however.

-Added in volcanic and asteroid pop upgrade techs.

-Changed up the planet "tiers" for home bonus:

god tier: Urban

capital tier: Terran, Industrial, Savannah

mid tier: Desert, Forrest, (Relic should be here as well, fixed that recently)

short end of the stick tier: Everything else

-Balanced the militias. Namely, the Urban gets it's own custom garrison, as previously mentioned, which has a large fleet, including one VSD-II cruiser, two Hanger Defenses, and one Golan (all with TIEs). Oh and, the militia owns the planet, so it has to be bombed.

-Fortifying AI was rebalanced as to not be total crap, Research AI actually researches now and has the labs to do so.

-Warning for cultural revolutions on a planet changed from 10% allegiance to 15%.

-Vong now has a faction picture (isn't great, I won't lie) and can select an empire icon.

-Random maps now have a 60% chance of getting a planet bonus, up from 40% (still aren't that frequent), added in Random maps (all but Small) where each player starts with a partially upgraded Asteroid and partially upgraded random Ice/Volcanic, added in a multi-system Medium Large Random (both with and without extra planets).

-Added in different tech trees. Differences only take place in the second half (aka. levels 5-8) List:

Standard (the current tech scale): CIS, Empire

Firepower (more laser dmg and RoF, less shielding/refresh): Vong [note, does not mess up the Superlaser path], Republic

Shielding (less laser dmg, no range upgrade, more shielding/refresh, all shield techs are linked to one and other, the firepower ones are not): Alliance, NR

These tech paths

-Republic has a special, cheap, level 1 4% RoF (for Laser, Missile, and Phase Missile) boost tech, for balance, set as a top priority for the AI (so it always gets researched early on as it should).

-Another Republic capital ship, the Victory II. It has more firepower than the Venator, a bit more hull, has half the fighter capacity, slightly costs more, has the Capital Ion Blast, Heavy Tractor Beams, Coordinated Targeting, and Fast-Tracking Turrets abilities (latter two are the same as the Venator's). Whichever is "better" is really a person's taste, a fully leveled up Venator is likely better than a fully leveled up Victory, due the SPHA-T ability.

-Bunch of other ship tweaks, for balance, done by Chimaera. Also gave the Praetor Heavy Tractor Beams (I figure a ship of that type would have them, plus it has only two abilities normally).

Bug Fixes/other:

-Fixed the missile techs, now they work correctly for both Missile and Phase Missile linked weapons.

-Figured out how to put in weapons that only affect shields, put in "AFFECTS_ONLY_SHIELDS" for the DamageEffectType tag.

-Fixed some missing strings.

-The MC80a's research HUD picture now shows up.

-Put in a bomber string/HUD picture/icon for the Coralskipper Gunship, so people don't confuse the fighters and bombers.

...And I think that's it.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

• SWR Staff - Executive
W00t exciting. I like it all

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Forgot to mention, Ludo Kreesh (forget his name on this site) also made a pretty awesome addition to the music lineup that SoGE has, which was also integrated into the version of the mod I was running on the side, so to speak. Though I'll note, I only did this as it was kept limited to a group, some of the music in there is likely copyrighted. Anyways, I'll have all the files that have either been changed or added (barring the music) in a rar and up tomorrow.

Edit: Here's the patch, it isn't missing a thing. And also, for things that remain to be coded into the mod, such as star bases and the like, I would be more than happy to code them in, all I need is a working model.

• SWR Staff - Executive

Give me a PM with a username/password you want to use to checkin to SVN. Then we can get these to the beta testers

I think we're not going to be distributing copyrighted music, but you're always welcome to distribute yourself as a mod

I'm 99% sure that Eville has the models for the star bases from the SW Tides of War mod. Not sure if they'll work directly or not

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

Give me a PM with a username/password you want to use to checkin to SVN. Then we can get these to the beta testers

Will do.

I think we're not going to be distributing copyrighted music, but you're always welcome to distribute yourself as a mod

Didn't expect us to, that's why I didn't even think of it when making up the list in the OP. :P

I'm 99% sure that Eville has the models for the star bases from the SW Tides of War mod. Not sure if they'll work directly or not

Is Tides a Sins mod? If so, they should work, even if the sizing is off.

• SWR Staff - Executive
No, it's the SW mod for Freelancer. I'll ask Eville for those models

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

No, it's the SW mod for Freelancer. I'll ask Eville for those models

Ah, I see. Odds are they won't work then. Anyways, I won't be able to up the stuff to the SVN until two weeks from now, as I'm right at the limit for my data cap. >_<

Copyright (c) 1999-2022 by SWRebellion Community - All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. Star Wars(TM) is a registered trademark of LucasFilm, Ltd. We are not affiliated with LucasFilm or Walt Disney. This is a fan site and online gaming community (non-profit). Powered by Invision Community