Minidumps - BuffDomination issue solution

SplaJTt

Hello.

There was a solution, made by poster of bug #502 on mantis, named "Sinshotfix.zip".

The question goes : Does anyone posses this file anymore, and could please upload it?

If not, could anyone please upload his BuffDomination file from his SOGE/Gameinfo folder + entity.manifest from his SOGE folder?

I'd greatly appriciate that, because otherwise I won't be able either to play or do any tests :(

If anyone can do it - great thanks.

• SWR Staff - Executive
Note: if you have access to the beta test (which you do), you do not need this fix

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Thanks Evadser.

Now it does, work, I'm starting to testing what I can.

Anyway, uploading fix to this problem (which actuall many people may experienced) on main forum / downloads or something would be nice, for people who aren't in beta.

• SWR Staff - Executive

Yea it's been too long for that file link. I need to reinstall my gaming box and get this patched, then I can put it out for download.

For those users who needed, just join the beta. It is pretty much all we're testing.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• 8 months later...

similar problem here, after ~4 hours of playing with max # of AIs over several star systems and 160+ planets, it craps out with a BuffDomination DEV-error-window, and a minidump happens.

My box is 24GB DDR3 ram, Nvidia GTX 295b and i7 quad-core CPU on Win7 64bit Enterprise Ed. - I doubt its a memory issues. Buffer-Overflow ? I got DEV-exec LOG-files and the mini-dump if interested.

EDIT: seems its more than just a Buffer-Overflow, because loading the last AUTO SAVE, will just make it run into the same mini-dump crash. Which makes the Mod kind of "extremely time-bombed" to be playable. Anyone has a solution to that ?

Is this with 1.0E or the beta? As this BuffDomination error has never occurred with with the beta, at least to my knowledge. If it is with the beta, could you send me the autosave in question and post those logs?

As well, the max memory Sins can use is 2 or 3 GB, regardless of how much RAM you actually have, due to how the engine is.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Beta ? *scratches head* got a link for the Beta to download ?

Thx for your quick reply, btw

what i have is this (taken from the README from the ZIP package)

"...Sins of a Galactic Empire (SOGE) 1.0e release for Sins of a Solar Empire Entrenchment

A Star Wars total conversion mod for Sins of a Solar Empire

12-12-2009..."

EDIT: got it figured out :mrgreen: helps to read! DUH! anyway, TuroiseSVN DL'd/installed, Repository/Beta installed...testing...will report back...