Asteroid Damage

sloosecannon

Ok, so I've been thinking...

In the asteroid field, is there any way to make there be damage (very minor) inflicted to large ships (cruisers and caps?)

Also decrease speed...

like a 5 dmg/sec -50% speed against cruisers and cap buff...

from Episode V with the ISDs in the asteroid belt...

Sins of a Galactic Empire Mod Team Staff

• SWR Staff - Executive
I thought there was a Sins modding thread about this, not sure if they found a solution

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Tagging caps is easy. Just add a buff to roid fields that pegs them with the effects. Tagging cruisers and not frigates would be... complicated.

The only way to do it is to make something you can select by a unique feature they all share, like having phase missiles or strike craft. As there isn't any such trait, they would need to be modified to be so. Having every cruiser use phase missiles or carry strike craft, and nuking any capabilities in the frigate line up would be fairly damaging to the composition of the sides. The other method of singling out a particular group of ships is by giving them all a passive buff. Then you can use the loss of that buff as a finish condition and make an overly complicated string of buffs accomplish your task.

Chewing up a buff slot on every cruiser would prove problematic, I already ran into that. I'd need six to make DCS efficiently work on just the droid ships, bloody carrier already has all five...

• 3 weeks later...