Character combat stats

Bromley

I want to stop the uber-sabotage that I always end up doing, where I just use spec ops characters (no teams) to wipe out a planet's garrison and/or defences. I wouldn't mind if it worked occasionally, but towards the end I don't have to fight - even the enemy fleet falls.

So, I've used RebEd (incredible piece of work) to lower character combat stats by 50%. Most people are on 25-50, rather than 50-100, although Vader's Force bonus is keeping him up at 110. I've also allowed the Emperor to discover Force users. Of course, as I play the Empire, this probably isn't fair to the Alliance, but they get far more systems at the start than in a "real" universe, so I'm not too bothered.

I've also increased Luke's Force rating to 100 to make up for the lack of AI Force development that I read about. Of course, he'll no doubt become a God later and I'll regret it, but the Alliance is due some breaks.

Anyway, to the question. My real problem is that 50% is probably too low but 80%-90% (or whatever) will be too high once the improvement with success starts to kick in. Is there any way to disable it so that stats remain static?

Wow. I never thought, that could be a problem.. :roll: I don't think it's possible to stop that. Perhaps you should raise the stats for troops and ships. If you like, give them incredibly high detection rating. Detection rates are static, and your agents success will depend on the number of garrison units on the planet. I would double the detection rating, and not halfing the characters combat/espionage skills. :P:)

Lord La forge is right, but if you put it too high, like 100 - 10000, then it would most-likely fail, unless you had a god like charicter, Like Piett with 200 level force and 200 combat :twisted::twisted::twisted: Or just do like Mr. La Forge said, Double it. :)
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/Dave-Mastor/Cluster6.jpg

Well, the 50% Combat (not Espionage) seemed to work nicely for me as the Empire. I did a little sabotaging, but only enough to kill that second GenCore where necessary.

One unexpected side effect (for me) was that people seemed to be getting injured far more often when captured. I suppose that his makes sense as Combat is apparently used to help you escape.

Actually, I preferred it this way as escape attempts went right down. I'm going to play an Alliance game now to see whether it screws them up or not. I suspect that at a minimum it'll force me to send more decoys and to be *far* more careful when playing around in a fortress system.