Communications Center idea

sloosecannon

Ok, so I've been trying to get this into the game, with little success (MD on start... woops)

Use the com satellites as "phasegates", rename them to Hyperwave transcievers, on the grounds of ppl on one planet would send info to ppl on the other planets saying where they could jump to, where the asteroids are, etc...

PS: Phasegate as in the Vasari building that lets you jump across the galaxy, I've always wanted to do that with SW ships...

Sins of a Galactic Empire Mod Team Staff

• SWR Staff - Executive

Neat. I don't know much about modding this, but sounds cool.

Perhaps you could ask on the Sins modding forum about this (without necessarily giving it away its for SOGE... nice surprise for our users maybe)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• 2 weeks later...

Once I have some time, I'll work on a debug...

HOMEWORK: the bane of my existence!!!

EDIT: turned on DEBUG mode, found the problem...

apparently, I left out a couple labels in the .entity...

should be working soon...

• 3 months later...
  • SWR Staff - Executive
I've toyed around with this idea, it does make sense to have a 'preprogrammed safe hyperroute' or some sort of techno babble, especially inside your own territory.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Here it is. All of the files are on my home ftp server (I can't commit stuff, EV's SVN server hates me :P)

Link:

And, as an added bonus, I updated the english.str file to have "Hyperspace" instead of "Phase" (hyperspace jumping to insertplanetnamehere)

Also, I changed "Phase Stabilizer Node" to "Holonet Connected Planet"

And, it's got the fixed super ice planet radius (so it's not 10x what it should be)

Drop all the stuff in the appropriate areas...

Entitiy Manifest is updated (should be compatible with current revision)

someone please commit ASAP... I would, but I can't

Wait... What did you do that required an entity.manifest change (that is, in regards to the update I put up a few hours ago, after your post)? And you don't have a link to your FTP either...
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Doh!

Here it is...

FTP: ftp://jennisonhome.dyndns-web.com/SOGE_fixes.zip

I had to add the comm center buffs... added 3 to it...

And I updated it to work with the latest revision (@ rev 531)

Noted, adding it to the SVN. However your SuperIceGiant is off, and is an update of the older version of the file, so I'm going to leave that out.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Ok... you fixed the range right? Cause that lagged the heck out of my game till I fixed it lol

EDIT: Apparently not... it should be 200000.000000 not 2000000.000000 right? cause 2000000 is about 10 times everything else including the Super planets

Copyright (c) 1999-2022 by SWRebellion Community - All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. Star Wars(TM) is a registered trademark of LucasFilm, Ltd. We are not affiliated with LucasFilm or Walt Disney. This is a fan site and online gaming community (non-profit). Powered by Invision Community