Imperial Supercapital

Deks

Hey guys just wanted to give my feedback for the imperial supercapital being nerfed down: one of the things i enjoyed most when i played my first game as Empire was striving to get the supercap and sacrificing having a huge fleet and having to gimp my economy to get the unit cap for it, it was then a behemoth with huge amounts of shields and armor, now it cost 10k credits and is a shadow of its former self.

please reconsider making them powerful and expensive again its not like you can spam them with the pop cap requirements at 470 (iirc) they were also fairly easy to counter if you used the weapon nullifying ships and interdictors.

for me having a ship class that takes ages to kill and does good damage is essential for the star wars experience

just my 2 cents :mrgreen:

I was finding even the beefy frigates to be completely worthless under the old damage system. Anything under a few thousand in shields was something that usually popped before it did anything in large combats. They could be used taking on neutrals, but not for something serious. Having a role wont help if they blow up instantly because of scaling issues.

Translating Star Wars ships to the Sins combat engine is difficult if you want the small ones to be useful, the scale is a hundred times standard. A sacrifice somewhere is all but guaranteed. He can play with the damage types and get accuracy to work towards the goal most likely, using the armor class and damage types as indicators for tracking and size. The Executor can't be a godlike ship that kills thousands of frigates though, your computer wont be able to handle the combat even if having thousands of frigates to kill one is still a reasonable choice of action.

• SWR Staff - Executive

I believe the goal I have undertaken will be to make capitals and super capitals vessels that can survive fighting multiple cruisers of their type, the cruisers will be the main work horses of the battle line and will be cheaper for their damage and health. Frigates will be more special purpose, but more expensive for their size than cruisers and have more shields than they really should have so that they can survive longer, but nearly no hull. One option we are exploring is with how abilities work with weapons, it may be possible to simulate ion cannons better with weapons and also give capital ships the ability to penetrate shields.

What this should do is prevent the AI or human players from resorting to frigate spam to win, but frigates will have their uses via their abilities

The new SSD stats seems a bit too much. 20mn of build time after a long time to have 60k credit, 10k metal and 3.5k cristal is a little bit too much imho. When you have a SSD, the opponent has enough frigate/cruiser to continuously disable your SSD.