Sorry for my disappearance!

DavidAdas

Hey guys I wanted to post a quick update on me and Rebellion 2.

I want to apologize to everyone for my recent absence and explain why I disappeared. I was born with a dopamine deficiency disorder which (while isn't life threatening or even all that life hindering) makes motor control somewhat difficult for me -- among other things. Over the last few years I've taken a drug called L-Dopa to counter it. As with all dopamine increasing drugs, it's highly addictive... so when the semester ended I decided to go off of it for a month to lessen my dependence on it.

I soon realized that going cold turkey wasn't exactly something you do from home, so I grabbed my laptop, some clothes, and headed to a rehab center. Don't worry though, I was fine. I wasn't puking and going ape like you see on TV. One usually checks in for the seclusion. You go so you don't have external problems (such as family, work, and other life stuff) to interfere with recovery. After about three weeks I was plenty fine!

But anyway. Obviously my work on Rebellion 2 came to a dead halt. I'm just starting to pick it up again and I'll post some updates soon. I've read through some of your ideas you've posted on my other threads and I'll be replying to those as well :)

Again, apologies for disappearing. I've missed you guys!

Welcome back David, and there's nothing to apologise for mate. Real life always takes precedence over .. well, anything else - especially when it was for something so serious. Hope you're feeling better now.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Dopamine? I thought I recalled hearing that your body produced it when you played highly addictive video games?

Wait a minute- do you actually have a medical excuse to start gaming whenever you feel like it? I can see how that might go. *Person giving boring lecture* "Sire, my dopamine levels are dropping!"

"*Sighs* Fine..."

*Pulls out laptop*

"Time to win me a quest or two..." :P

Sorry, I don't mean to make light of your condition; I'm sure it's really quite trying to deal with, and doesn't involve the aforementioned scenario at all. Glad to hear that you're better, though. Keep well, Adas.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away