Pet Peeve - No cut scene when you sabotage the Alliance HQ

glandry

This really bugs me. I like to sabotage the Alliance HQ whenever I can. I like to send Vader in there to blow it up, but the cut scene shows tie bombers taking it out.

At least when you sabotate the DS you get a decent cut scene...

Yes Glandry, this tips me to the dark-side as I sense it does you...

The cars passing my secret location usually only get a volley of bricks or three before my anger and frustration is calmed enough to wander off home mumbling about how much could be done with the game if lucasarts gave us some answers to the bloody programing of the game.... which is addressed in the thread 'If you could talk to game's developers...'

It's agonizing! Now days, we've got the talent and tech know how to blast this game yonder with such a shuve it's limited graphical-game play would be blissfully ignored by all the other stuff we could imput, like a decent cut scene of Imperial Commandos taking out the Rebel-vermin's backyard...

Good thoughts though Glandry, don't go for the bricks, I was of course stretching the fine fibre of truth... :)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

You know, I've had the "Han Solo captured by Bounty Hunters" scene once or twice, I've done Death Star Assaults fail and succeed, I've had the "Final Battle" scene with Jedi Knight Luke, Vader and the Emperor...but I've NEVER seen the "Death Star Sabotage" cut-scene. Is there a way to view it with ResHack, or is it only visible in-game? If the latter, could someone give me a recap of what it shows?

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Don`t know how you can view it other than in the game, but there is probably some tool.

It start with a young person (looks like a woman) disguised as a stormtrooper setting an explosive near some kind of reactor core. She then gets chased away by some stormtroopers. Then you get a close up of the bomb with a 30 second timer, then you see that famous lamba shuttle escaping the DS just before it blows up. She says something like: Scratch one death star.

Don`t know how you can view it other than in the game, but there is probably some tool.

It start with a young person (looks like a woman) disguised as a stormtrooper setting an explosive near some kind of reactor core. She then gets chased away by some stormtroopers. Then you get a close up of the bomb with a 30 second timer, then you see that famous lamba shuttle escaping the DS just before it blows up. She says something like: Scratch one death star.

Many thanks! I'll have to try and see that one for myself.

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Hi,

you need to download the Bink and Smacker tools to watch the movies (http://www.radgametools.com). They are in the MDATA folder on the CD and you can either copy them to your hdd and add the extension .smk to the files, or open them via the player. The first few files are the movies (1xx) and the rest

(3xx) is the game's music in .wav format.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Thanks, Mask! From all the kudos I've read thrown your way, I knew I'd get a good answer from ya!

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Guest Scathane
I had never seen the bulk of those movies either... Their pretty neat! With regard to replacing the cutscene: Am I ovesymplifying things if I were to suggest that if someone were to make the proper scene and you would store it in the proper format, then rename it to the name the cutscene has now, and rip and burn the entire Rebellion CD unto a new one, replacing the aforementioned file with the new one, you'd have what you wanted?

Ok, I was digging a bit in my archives and found the movie info from the now lost dll editing page :

MDATA:

.000 640x480 (Lucasarts logo)

.001 640x324 (opening crawler)

.003 640x324 (enter the Alliance)

.004 640x324 (enter the Empire)

.005 640x324 (credits)

.101 640x324 (Deathstar fires)

.102 640x324 (Rebel HQ destroyed)

.103 640x324 (Rebels take Coruscant)

.104 640x324 (Deathstar sabotage)

.105 640x324 (Alliance destroys Imp command ship)

.106 640x324 (Alliance: you lose)

.107 640x324 (Empire: you lose)

.108 640x324 (Empire destroys Rebel command ship)

.201 640x324 (succesful trench run)

.202 640x324 (unsuccesful trench run)

I've already made two movie sequences for the TC, as you are aware Scath. They are already in the correct format to replace the proper scene in the game. Maybe I can upload the old Smacker 3.0 again next week, with that version you can create these Rebellion-compatible videos.

Scath, it's even easier: with a patch to the Rebexe file and a change in the registry you can force the game to look for the movies and music on your hdd :idea:

Hastings made a patch for it a while ago, but I asked him to change some things in it, so we'd not get into trouble using it. As I've seen yesterday in an old thread, he lost his sourcecode and can't modify it accordingly anymore.

I'll have to see, what I can come up with. :wink:

The other solution would be using the Daemon tools to mount a CD-image from an already altered Rebellion cd, that wouldn't need a patch.

Btw, Fett: thanxs for your kudos as well, the more the merrier :wink:

• 2 months later...

I have in my possession a copy of the Star Wars Trilogy CD ROM that was published after 'The Return of the Jedi', with LOADS of movie clips and audio clips from all three films. There are so many clips on it that could be utilised in the game.

I use it basically in windows for sound effects like 'What have you done with those plans' when I empty my recycle bin'. Its cool to listen to Darth and the rest while you are working

My all time favourite ' You have failed me for the last Time' would be great if you utilised it when tratiors are 'retired'.

There is so much excellent stuff on this CD, its a shame the developers wont let you use it in the game. Drop me a line if you feel any of it would be any use.

You have failed me for the last time

What is Life? Life is the Nation. The Individual must die anyway. Beyond the Life of the Individual is the Nation.

OMG..... now I'm a Sergeant!!!!!!!!!!!! And I only joined less than a month ago....perhaps I should get a life. :lol: .....Right you lot form three ranks .....by the left Quick March ......Lerr, Lerr, Left Right Lerr......etc ( drones on into the background heading towards the mental asylum!! ) :D

What is Life? Life is the Nation. The Individual must die anyway. Beyond the Life of the Individual is the Nation.

OMG..... now I'm a Sergeant!!!!!!!!!!!! And I only joined less than a month ago....perhaps I should get a life. :lol: .....Right you lot form three ranks .....by the left Quick March ......Lerr, Lerr, Left Right Lerr......etc ( drones on into the background heading towards the mental asylum!! ) :D

I'm willing to bet this guy has a Darth Vader/Emperor doll, a car shaped like an ISD, and small scale replica of the Death Star hanging in his room.

:P

"You don't know the power of the dark side. I must obey my master." - Vader

Wrong Lord Vader..............You are an imposter. I AM Darth Vader.

Chris:-' I live in a house called 'The Death Star' which everyone knows is really THE Death Star, on a planet called Coruscant far far away. I am Darth Vader, I am Darth Vader '......( fade to gibbers and moans )

THERE IS A KNOCK ON THE DOOR OF THE PADDED CELL

Nurse:- Will you please take your medication NOW Christopher !!!!!!! '

Chris:- 'I must obey my master '

:P

actually i have the emperor / vader dolls .... originals to. Along with pretty much every other char PLUS 2 oringinal AT-ST's, millenium falken, TIE fighter (kinda cool cuz if u press these 2 buttons the solar panels flies off) , Ewok Villiage, B-Wing, and a speeder bike (press a button on the back and the thing flies apart, rather cool) and these are all ORIGINALS from like 25-30 years ago :P.

Yeah, if it's true what I once read about these figures my old Obi wan and Vader figures should be worth a fortune.

Although even if there were someone willing to pay that much for them I'd never give 'em up. They've been there for almost my entire life :wink:

Btw: Falcon, Y-Wing and X-34 landspeeder here in my vehicle park from about 20 years ago 8)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very cool guys!

after having destroyed the Alliance twice i realize that there are more cutscene's than i thought.

thank's for the information...

i should try out the alliance site as well i guess :wink:

I am the one! Prepare for salvation!