question about the new vsd pics

Warlord-Tarkov

i was just going threw the gallery today and noticed the new victory class star destroyer pics which are still works in progress but i was just wondering are a few the close wing designs the vsd mk I same as the open wing designs because i noticed a few only have two main thrusters which would mark them as the vsd mk I .

and since there are open wing pics on this would this mean that we can open and close the wings on the vsd mk I ?

• SWR Staff - Executive

all the pics in there are VSDI's I think I will leave the wings open because that is how it was presented in tie fighter and it looks cooler even if it is impractical :-P

Afaik the VSD II removed the wings and added superstructure over the areas to increase the hull volume (and possibly provide mounting points for the added turbolasers)

the VSDII will also have 3 main engine bells

here is a little more I posted on SFM in responce to why it had wings, I think it provides a decent account beyond the official descriptions.

the ship is capable of atmospheric entry (it is primarily designed to act as a bombardment platform and space support vehicle)

they are officially described as 'atmospheric maneuvering vanes' however this just seems impractical (especially considering that larger ships have repulsor lifts to land on planets)

the explanation I take is that it has some function to deal with augmented repulsor functions and rapid insertion aero-braking to allow the ship to get in low atmosphere very quickly

since its primary armament is 80 missile tubes and the ability to fire these at long range is limited it would need to get within a few hundreds of km of its target to pacify any point defenses or theater defenses before razing the area

The only other change I am making is to place the missile tubes alongside the dorsal superstructure and on the matching ventral faces

we are never told where the missile launchers really are and this is a great place to put them because of the low deflection angle in broadsides for incoming damage, the large surface area and the hull mass that would be needed to fit launchers and protect them.