On the strength of 2 weapons in particular...

Guest JediIgor

Guest JediIgor

I just thought that I should point out for you EJ, that according to the SW Technical Commentaries the 8 main turbolasers of the Venator-class Star Destroyer and the 8 main turbolasers of the Imperator-class Star Destroyer (Mk1) should do the same amount of damage per shot with the same refire rate.

Now, some people say that this makes the Venator too powerful and I will say that the people who think that are wrong. This is why:

The Venator has 8 dual main heavy turbolasers, 2 dual medium turbolasers, and 52 point defense laser cannons.

The ISD Mk1 has 8 dual main heavy turbolasers(some variants have 6 mains plus 2 dual heavy ion cannons), 2 heavy quad-turbolasers, 3 triple medium turbolasers, and a nearly innumerable assortment of light turbolasers AND laser cannons.

The difference in firepower between the Venator and the Imperator lies not in their main batteries, but in their supporting weapons, of which the Venator sadly has very little.

Thoughts, comments, questions??

P.S. I haven't poked around the mod's lua files for these weapons so they could very well already match what I've described here. I wouldn't know.

• SWR Staff - Executive

I'd have to dig up my ICS copy, but I'm curious where it actually compares a DBY to the ISDs main armament, I know SWTC has some stuff, but in a published book I don't think I've seen the comparison

at any rate the DBY is a slightly less powerful gun in the mod, and it should fire faster than an equivalent gun making it more powerful overall

the ISD main gun is heavier and slower firing than an equivalent. the ISD II mounts smaller guns that fire faster but since there is more it should be a general increase in firepower.

Shouldn't the Venator be less accurate and maybe have less of a hull-strength?

Want to play a game of Warlords? Join the Warlords hamachi network!

Network name: SW:Warlords

Network password: Warlords

• SWR Staff - Executive
heh yeah the gun barrels are almost exactly the same size, the venator has less armor and shielding and obivously doesn't have any medium power weaponry compared the the ISD, however it has much better acceleration because of the significantly reduced mass, so if you are looking for long range hitting power it is a good choice, just don't walk into a brawl with it.

Might I add that I love the turrets you did for the Venator in the newest release  :o

Want to play a game of Warlords? Join the Warlords hamachi network!

Network name: SW:Warlords

Network password: Warlords

My turret model, EJ's expert texturing.

They are just a rough approximation of what the turrets looked like in Episode III. I have actually done a more detailed version since then but it may be too detailed for use in Warlords.