Espionage Missions

masterjojobinks

Question

7 answers to this question

According to Rogue at Gamefaqs, the way it works is:

1. Espionage mission discovers presence of enemy agents. The implication is that this does not increase the chance of failure.

2. You target a sabotage/abduction mission at one of the main agents (i.e. not a decoy).

3. He's not precise on how it works after that, saying only "effectively foiling it". However, I believe that the sab/abduction would have to be successful to foil the enemy mission.

I have found that the greater the effort put into espionage missions, the more information is returned to the player, ergo the greater chance of it failing. This linked in turn to how many troops are stationed on the planet vis their detection ratings. The longer the mision goes on the more chance they have of being 'discovered' by the garrison ( ie random searches ).

Of course if you have some Noghri Death Squads or a decent character lying around, you can try to liquidate any characters, or sabotage them with Imperial Commando's, thus increasing the probability of 'hurting' the Rebel player

You have failed me for the last time

What is Life? Life is the Nation. The Individual must die anyway. Beyond the Life of the Individual is the Nation.

Does an espionage mission to your own planet that detects an enemy mission guarantee the enemies mission to be a failure?

I have seen the AI "fail" espionage missions to a system they occupy. This gives away vital information, because if the system is in the Outer Rim, chances are it will be lightly defended, therefore leaving it vulnerable to attack. This isn't limited to espionage, it also affects R&D and diplomacy missions.

Point to consider here is, if *you* fail espionage missions, you would be giving away locations of the systems you occupy in the Outer Rim. Or in the case of failed R&D missions, the other player can target that system and capture the characters etc.

"You don't know the power of the dark side. I must obey my master." - Vader