Fur Farms

Ghostly_Substance

Hows this topic? Not in the conspiracy theories area and more onto reality.

Warning: Link contains videos shocking enough to make you mentally insane, extreme graphical scenes containing shocking animal abuse. You have been warned. If you throw up on your computer and start yelling in your house don't blame me I warned you, stick to the thread.

(Don't click unless your a peaceful farmer or someone mentally strong.)

http://www.peta.org/feat/ChineseFurFarms/index.asp

Safe for normal readers below:

Seeing that just make me shocked and annoyed. Apparently the Chinese (and whoever else in the world) breed animals and treat them worse then cows on slaughtering day. The farmers grab the animal and smack them on the ground as if they were dead (which they aren't) and then hanging them up on hooks cutting off their skin while they're ALIVE. Any normal European, European Settler on North America, or the Japanese would kill the animal first before helping themselves to it. Heck even other animals kill the animal to shut them up and stop moving.

So in short the animals are breed, picked up and hit on the ground like a rug when alive, beaten with a stick on the head (like seal clubbing), hit on the ground again, hung on something while being cut with a knife while alive, beaten, kicked, laughed at while being beaten, and etc.

Who the heck even wears fur? I only see rich people wearing it during parties, anime characters for plot device, and maybe in fashion shows. Thats the only time I see them on someone. I seen Europeans and Canadians kill an animal first to make fur coats to survive the harsh winter, but only the traditional people.

Weak.

Who the hell gives a damn what they think. You can't say "how would you like to be in that position" because I'm not. if you have the ability to utilize something in the most efficient way, then it should be utilized in that way! I am completely opposed to the pro-life view, including those of PETA that believe in ethics and related things. To hell with that. History is on the move. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I will agree wearing furs is rather pointless, however. As well, the methods demonstrated in the video is rather inefficient on the whole. Skinning an animal alive is more difficult than skinning it dead. Why they do not simply kill the thing first escapes me. It appears to be only done out of cruelty, and serves to cut down on no expense. It shames me that my own people are unable to see that one fact.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

Weak.

Who the hell gives a damn what they think. You can't say "how would you like to be in that position" because I'm not.

I find it hilarious that 1) You said this is "weak" and 2) your practically the only one to support this. I guess the status you put on MSN are actually for real meaning you need help.

I am completely opposed to the pro-life view

And thats the issue you need to have fixed. Well thats unless you want to end up like the guy who killed 7 people in Tokyo...........I do agree PETA is shit from all the crap I hear from them but they did make us aware of the Fur Farms.

History is on the move. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Point being? How does abusing animals help with history? What I'm seeing are inexperienced farmers who pretend to know what they're doing when they're actually treating animals like objects. As a pet owner I don't like to see such a thing happen to animals since I know animals have intelligence similar (may not be exact but similar).

I will agree wearing furs is rather pointless, however. As well, the methods demonstrated in the video is rather inefficient on the whole. Skinning an animal alive is more difficult than skinning it dead. Why they do not simply kill the thing first escapes me. It appears to be only done out of cruelty, and serves to cut down on no expense. It shames me that my own people are unable to see that one fact.

Well I'm glad you agree even when you went against me saying how "weak" this was.

Complaining about it is weak.

I am known to be psychopathic at times. Though I don't seem to be in that mood right now. I'm just indifferent about the whole thing. They kill animals. So what? You're going to shoot them or something? Get on with life...*sigh*

"That was fun"

LOL! Droid, just because you have nothing important to say, your going to say this bullshit? So when your neighborhood piles up with garbage your just going to go: "meh, not my problem even when it starts flowing into my house". Droid, theres a few people who actually read these things, lurks, shares the information then goes does something. Though it maybe different someone took a box and turned it into a CNC 3 computer box. I heard of people calling the government offices just because they saw some stupid law trying to be passed on the net.

And again thats weak for being the easiest thing to post.

So, you're all talk too?

If you're so interested in stopping the garbage from coming in, then do it. I would do something if I saw it was a problem. I'd at least make plans that can be carried out once certain events have occurred.

Sitting there and going "oh look! this is so horrible! look at what people can do!" Isn't going to stop them from doing anything. Use your brain if you still have it, and stop saying that I don't have anything important to say just because I'm not agreeing with you. My points are as valid, if not more, than yours. I guess I will have to word my points fully rather than give a short explanation.

I'm talking about a philosophy, not just arguing about this one event. In fact, I have already stated that the fur trade is rather pointless and that I'm not trying to defend it. I may be the only person that supports my beliefs, but I will still believe in them, because I think it's right. I would have though you of all people would have been able to see past that. I guess I was wrong.

"That was fun"

So, you're all talk too?

If you're so interested in stopping the garbage from coming in, then do it. I would do something if I saw it was a problem. I'd at least make plans that can be carried out once certain events have occurred.

Sitting there and going "oh look! this is so horrible! look at what people can do!" Isn't going to stop them from doing anything. Use your brain if you still have it, and stop saying that I don't have anything important to say just because I'm not agreeing with you. My points are as valid, if not more, than yours. I guess I will have to word my points fully rather than give a short explanation.

I'm talking about a philosophy, not just arguing about this one event. In fact, I have already stated that the fur trade is rather pointless and that I'm not trying to defend it. I may be the only person that supports my beliefs, but I will still believe in them, because I think it's right. I would have though you of all people would have been able to see past that. I guess I was wrong.

Well Droid seeing as your the only one in my topics now makes me think you scare away other people. All talk? Here, yes since how do you think I can go to China and find this place? Vancouver? I'm having a hard time traveling to places other then Ottawa, let alone places like Vancouver, China, and Japan. Have you ever thought of me at least showing it to people so they can at least see and and do something?

Use your brain if you still have it,

Says the one who stopped drawing concept art and went sadistic. At least say what my friend says, "Why do I care? We got pet owners here in Ottawa having dogs hang out of cars dragged along the street", making me look at it in a worldly perspective that people are just bad pet owners.

If I recall correctly, I've always been sadistic. ::)

You're still trying to avoid the point. Point and scream and say its horrible. Wouldn't you think it would be a better idea to organize something local to protest this instead if you believe so strongly against it. Then maybe telling someone would make a difference. As it is, sitting here and talking won't get anything done.

Your friend brings up a good point. There really are more pressing issues closer that could use more of a look than something like this. PETA's just blowing it out of proportion by saying how horrible it is, but really, there's probably worse things going on closer by.

Also, if anything, I believe it is your condescending attitude with the "LOL!" and the "Says you!" that's scaring people away. You make it seem as if your opinion is the only one that is accepted, then noone will bother to argue. In fact, I'm on the verge of just letting you believe what you do like I do with the rest of society... *sigh*

Who's condescending now?  :P

"That was fun"

With all these fancy words aside, do you torture animals alive because you need it to survive or do you do so because money is ringing in your head?

Well, I'll answer that by saying that in todays society, you can't really survive without money, can you?

I don't torture animals myself, but I don't really care much about other people doing it as long as there's a valid reason. Money is a valid reason in my books. Because what is life without money? Starving on the street.

"That was fun"

Then I'll bring up, how is money going to save you when your attacked by a Lion? You can't really buy a gun in 1 second nor call someone to buy a gun off of. Also since you got careless by getting near the lion you can't really have guns popping out of nowhere.

• 1 month later...

I have to agree with Droid. Sure it's horrible and all but it doesn't affect me, so I simply don't care. w00t for being pragmatic

Then I'll bring up, how is money going to save you when your attacked by a Lion? You can't really buy a gun in 1 second nor call someone to buy a gun off of. Also since you got careless by getting near the lion you can't really have guns popping out of nowhere.

Uhh... What? You make it sound like NOT having money actually would save you from this theoretical lion. Besides, what are the odds that your going to run into a lion or any other large dangerous animal anyway? We live in world where most of us humans don't need to worry about things like that. We need to worry about surviving in our own human world and that means having money.

I haven't bothered to post back in this thread because only Droid had his twisted postings here.

If you want to make money go get a damn proper job. If your a farmer then kill the dam animal first and THEN skin it properly instead of acting like such a inexperienced moron.

Besides, what are the odds that your going to run into a lion or any other large dangerous animal anyway?

I noticed things happen when you least expect them, when you drop your guard. Besides I live near a place that always gets swarmed by wild animals like Fox's, Wolves, Coyotes, Mooses, Deer, and the like. Us humans also forget that we took their food supply and their homes so they come to the outskirts of the city looking for food. Since we have everything provided to us we fail to realize that they have to work for their food with no boss or jobs. We shoot them up, if they start eating pets, and its over with.

We live in world where most of us humans don't need to worry about things like that. We need to worry about surviving in our own human world and that means having money.

Ya we have money but if you look at the native tribes they go WITHOUT money. Money is only good for those who put value on it and if you come across gangs or Yakuza your basically screwed. Money will help you out as long as the area in it puts a value on it and doesn't screw you over by putting high taxes or leeching it from you. How will money save you if your stuck in the middle of an island?

Edited by Ghostly_Substance

I did admit that the farmers were being illogical. There is no logic that dictates not to kill the animal before skinning it. Its not good practice, but it really isn't "ZOMFGWTFHOWCOULDYOUDOTHAT!!!!" either.

Ya we have money but if you look at the native tribes they go WITHOUT money. Money is only good for those who put value on it and if you come across gangs or Yakuza your basically screwed. Money will help you out as long as the area in it puts a value on it and doesn't screw you over by putting high taxes or leeching it from you. How will money save you if your stuck in the middle of an island?

Money pays for satellite phone. Satellite phone used to call private boat. Private boat costs money too. :P

"That was fun"