Cant build multiple ships in skirmish

Ive been tinkering with a new race, and Ive run across an odd problem that I cant figure out.  My space station is only capable of hosting a single button at a time.  In other words I can build one kind of fighter, research one kind of upgrade, etc. But when I try to add another unit/upgrade to the build list, i.e a new fighter squadron, all buttons on the command bar disappear.  I have tested every ship and verified that they all work perfectly.  Does anyone know what the problem is?
Bow to me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king.  For, you shall soon be as such to me.

Can I see your station code? You might be making that list incorrectly or something from the sound of it.

EDIT: From the other thread, that is indeed the case...(why two threads!?)

EDIT2: looks like this is a new problem...sorry...still, seeing the code will be helpful. Seems like it changed from last time's.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

Ah, droid...you are exactly the person I hoped would answer...I must say that I am impressed with your mod!  I'll post my code here.  The only thing that I can think of that was changed was the addition of the list and a spelling correction...By the way, while you are here, can you tell me how to get my faction to build on the pads it captures?
Bow to me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king.  For, you shall soon be as such to me.

It sounds like you didn't put a comma after each unit in the list.

As for the buildpads : take a look at GROUNDBUILDABLESSKIRMISH.XML, GROUNDBUILDABLESEMPIRE.XML and GROUNDTURRETS.XML. You need to add all that stuff to your faction.

Hope that helps

Actually, something odd happened....I left my PC on all night last night, and my antivirus did a defragmentation on my hard drive...now my station spontaneously works perfectly!?!?  Ok....but, yes, warb_null, I did have my commas.  Do the groudbuildablesskirmish.xml and others matter for space skirmish building?  That's really what I care about-I want to be able to build an asteroid mining facility so I can actually fight.

Ergh. The build pads pissed me off to no end.

There's a few things you need to add, and they're scattererd through the XMLs.

First off, you need to add your faction to the list of the buildpad (whatever it is) so that your faction can capture it.

Next, you'll need to copy a UC (under construction) version of the turret/mine you want and change the faction of the copied entry and add it to the buildpad's list under your faction.

Finally, you need to copy the constructed version of the turret/mine and change that one's faction. Then, you need to go back and change the build_completed object in the Under Construction version so it gives you the right completed mine/turret. That should do it.

For space, I think they're all in SpaceBuildablesSkirmish.xml, but for ground, they are scattered through GroundBuildables and GroundTurrets. Which is annoying.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

Yeah...I know just how annoying it is.  See, I can capture the pads just fine, but I never get the hammer symbol to begin construction... and Im sure that my programming is good-see, Ill post the XML.

"Insert Quote

in the you have the line Hutt_Defense_Satellite_Hypervelocity .

That should read Son'a_Defense_Satellite_Hypervelocity.

The same goes for the others."

Yeah, I know.  I gave you an old XML, accidentally.  That was changed in the newer copy, but it was the only change made...sorry about that.

Oh, yeah, and...making that change made no difference whatsoever.

Edited by Lavarider

Sigh..No effect.  Can anybody think of something that would be affecting the entire race? See-I cant build asteroid stations either, although they are perfect copies (except for vital changes) of the game's ones.  I also tried using droid's turrets (also w/ appropriate changes) and ground stuff...But no build pad is usable.

Alright everybody!  I did it!  What I did was I tried substituting Droid's things for my own, while making some odd changes-like the projectiles and stuff.  Oddly enough, Droids asteroid station was perfectly identical to my own, except for the faction name (which I changed) but it worked, and mine didn't?  What gives?  But anyway, thanks for all the help!