Orange model and selfdestruct

Hey all,

Does anyone know what to do when the texture doesn't show up and it just shows an orange model?

Also, Droid, would you please tell me how to add the self destruct ability to a ship I made? I'm thinking of copying the ship and then adding the ability to create a messenger of Death. ;p.

Thanks again in advance,

Abyssinian.

Orange Model - I have not the faintest idea of why such a thing occurs. Perhaps it may be due to using the wrong shader. Or perhaps it is the skin - the alpha channel is set incorrectly. (it should be black where you want the actual skin to show, and white where you want team colors)

Self Destruct - IIRC, you need to copy the self destruct ability from any ship (say, Vengeance Frigate), and you also need to add SELF_DESTRUCT into the list of Behaviors or SpaceBehaviors. From that point, its just tweaking the explosion projectile to the appropriate size, and setting the warmup time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

• 3 weeks later...

Very right you were Jedi_consulor. The Alpha channel hadn't saved properly I think but when I opened it again it was missing. The skin is working perfectly now.

And the selfdestruct is running smoothly too. So thank you both.