trouble with exporting

aj1304

i am rigging a model and after i exported it, t turned up invisible. then i realised i missed the shaders so i used meshbumpcolorize to shade the model and then when i tried to export the model, i crashes. how do i fix this problem?

thanks

-aj

I sense a disturbance in the chocolate, as if millions of voices cried out in delight and were suddenly filled with the power of the chocolate.

-Aj

AotC 2iC/Lead Coder

Meshbumpcolorize needs two textures per material:

a bump map and the normal texture.

If it only has one, that might be the issue.

but with what little information you provided, I cannot exactly diagnose any problems.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

no i dont think it is the bumpmap... the textures i used included the bump text.

atm, it keeps crashing 3ds (possibly alamo util?) im going to look at it a bit further when i get some exams out of the way. oh and i know this is a bit ot but is there anyway to require a certain unit to be in the fleet in order for the others to move (i.e infantry needing a transport in order to travel) and attaching several squads to a single transport unit (like attach to flagship but swapping that for a buildable transport)?

thanks

aj

I sense a disturbance in the chocolate, as if millions of voices cried out in delight and were suddenly filled with the power of the chocolate.

-Aj

AotC 2iC/Lead Coder

I'll get back to you on how to prevent it from crashing as I know but I currently forgot. (School sucks brains out!! ;p) But there is a way to have it required that a certain unit has to be in the fleet.

First way is somewhat around it and that is to make it that unit's transport. If it is a ground unit then you could just make it a transport that's transporting it. The second way applies if it's a space unit you should try to make it a ground unit with a squadron as a transport. A squadron based off the required unit and your unit you made.

It would be a little easier for me to help you if you gave some more info though.

Or, you can go look at the RoR LUA...I think he might have that part there.

And that works basically, as-advertised. meaning, ships have a limit to how much tehy can hold, and you need to load units into ships to move them around, etc.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"