Now coming for pc May 2008

Garbageben

Bioware has announced that Mass Effect will indeed be released on the PC in May 2008!

Published by EA and re-designed for the PC, Mass Effect invites players to take the role of Commander Shepard as they set out on an adventure to save the galaxy from imminent destruction. Wrought with treachery, heroism, difficult decisions and a universe filled with unique and colorful species, Mass Effect delivers a truly compelling storyline.

Optimized for the PC, Mass Effect for the PC incorporates the following features:

•Optimized controls designed specifically for the PC.

•High resolution visuals – Mass Effect for the PC features highly detailed textures, characters and environments.

•Fully customizable controls – PC gamers can re-map the control scheme any way they like.

•Run & Gun Control – Players can assign biotic powers or skills to ‘hot keys’ allowing them to play Mass Effect with a heavier focus on action.

•New decryption mini-game.

•New inventory screen GUI and functionality – The enhanced inventory system makes it easier for players to equip and modify their weapons and armor.

^^ taken from Bioware forums (http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=617396&forum=125)

• 3 months later...
I got it today.  It's a bit weird using the keyboard and the mouse, but not in a bad way.  I like it a lot more with this setup, but it takes some getting used to.  I love the new decryption minigame.  I found the graphics looking a little sharper, with the texture pop less noticable, but could still see it since I was looking for it.  Oh and I got it for $40 on the preoder deal at gogamer.  I paid for the cheap shipping and got it in 3 days (it said expect 7-15).  :)

• SWR Staff - Executive
I will check out the game, but I am disappointed they tried to pull even more "digital rights" non-sense on there. Take a cue from Stardock's Sins of a Solar Empire and don't treat the user like a criminal :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

the worst thing about that is, the people who do pirate it, wont have to deal with it. this is more likely to encourage piracy then stop it

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i276/At-At_controller/leetspeak4cz1jr.gif

so hows the new inventory?

I like it.  I guess you may have seen the screenshots of it.  It has categories and under each category a list of the items that you have for that category (pistol, ar, sg, sniper, armor, etc.).  The unusable items are grayed out.  You just double click an item to equip it.  I haven't tried the upgrades yet.  I haven't had much time to actually play the game (got off eden prime and that's it).

The anti-piracy software isn't too bad.  I had no problems installing on Vista 64.  I plan on not needing to reinstall for quite a while.  So far so good I guess.  I do agree though, I like the StarDock approach to protecting games.