Re: Returning to modding...so I've got a few requests and questions

EJMM

Hi guys long time no see, I decided to get back to mod some things on FoC again (units, custom games, custom units, new maps, etc...), but well I kinda Forgot to do a lot of stuff y knew, the reason I started this thread is to ask some questions from time to time, and hopefully you guys modding veterans could help me out to remember stuff ;D, ok here it goes:

first, I wanna make a storm commando, yeah I remember the coding stuff I've got to do (anyway if I got a problem, I'll post it here), but I need an icon, so if anybody could make me an Icon for it, use this pic:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/images/Products/Misc%20Art/Star%20Wars%20Miniatures/AE033.jpg

Second, I don't have photoshop anymore (due to a Hard drive cleanup), and I used to change or create textures on that program, I downloaded a trial version but it wouldn't start, so if anybody could get me a link for an stable photoshop, thanks again :P

well that's all for now, but anyway since this part of the forums is inactive for days, try checking the thread once in a while to help me out :P, thanks in advance and it kinda feels like I've entered EaW again, had like 7 months without even touching the Game, but glad to be here again, asking this kind of stuff again :P, thanks in advance  :D

Edited by EJMM

Uhh yeah fixed it :P

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/images/Products/Misc%20Art/Star%20Wars%20Miniatures/AE033.jpg

Couldn't find another image for the storm commando, besides the one that looks like a comic  :P

(don't use the whole body for the icon though) and thanks for the help dude  :D

ok got MTDedit, but no clue of what I've got to do using hexedit, the first step of the tutorial  :P

And one more thing, ok I made the new "Commando" unit in ground infantry, and then in Groundcompanies, added the "commando_squad" thing, but there's still things I've got to do to use it, cause I can't create the unit, it has something to do with the structures right?

Edited by EJMM

Yup did it ;D, now on to the coding part, I created the ground unit part and the ground companies part, but the unit does not appears to be buildable, any other thing I've got to do? and one more thing, I'm trying to do the reskining tutorial, but no luck, I first copy a dds file and rename it different, then edit the dds, and make a copy of a alo file, hex edit the file searching for base texture (but the base texture part says .tga, not dds), and then save it and when I enter in model viewer, the model has no skin... Edited by EJMM

just ignore the *.tga ending and treat it as if it is *.dds

Did you add them to be buildable at a specific structure, or make sure it wasn't locked?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"