proper turret tutorial

ovi_da_tiger

i have already asked this in the PG forum.....but no one there seems to have an answer....so im asking here instead

does anyone here know how to rig and code multiple turrets for a unit(like the gargantuan) AND rig a single turret on a single model using the "bones system" (like many of the units that have a single turret in the model)

it would be appreciated if someone could show me both or either one of these techniques

thank you in advance

Follow this:

http://www.swgbex.com/Turrets.html

Then make the other turrets like the ones for the gargantuan (separate model for the turret, complete with turret, barrel, and muzzle bones).

You'd code the unit like you would a normal unit with a single turret, and add the hardpointed turrets through Hardpoints.

In theory, that should work.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

can sumone be nice enough to let me see a fully rigged model with multiple turrets in it??

Download ISD vs Venator mod from EaW files, it contains vessels rigged with multiple turrets. If you looked at those and still don't understand turrets rigging, you rather won't get it at all :P

also i wanna learn how to implement a single turret in a model using bones

Make sure that turret and barrels are separate objects. Link barrels to turret, put main hardpoint bone inside turret, and put fire bones (if you have ones...) at end of barreles.

i i already looked at the ISD in zerox's mod wihich has multiple turrets on it but they only fire when ordered to fire.

also ppl keep telling me to "skin" my turret.....how do i do that??

im 99% sure that the problem is in the rig, not the code ( i took one of the turret model form another mod and it worked .....im screwing up sumthin in my model

can sumone take a look at it ??

Is it possible to give a unit another skin if the model is already made? I mean acutally wraping the texture again? Like for example, I wanna give a SAU model a stock PG skin. Is that possible?
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/333Super/BESERKER.jpg