Repair big ships and stations...

Igor

Is it possible to add force heal ability to big ships with hardpoints and space stations, so they could do "self repair" (like ground structures) ? I tried to add this to hardpoints but it didn't worked out... I've managed to do this only with units like corvettes. Does this mean that force heal ability only work with "tactical health" but not with "health" parameter ?

Well, I don't know about FoC - maybe there are repair satellites in it, but I haven't seen them in EaW. The problem is that the code of repair facility doesn't work with big space stations and big ships, I think because they have actually two types of health - "tactical health" and "health". Hardpoints have "health" parameter. I tried to paste repair facility code directly in hardpoint's section (in HARDPOINTS.XML) but it didn't work. Maybe because only units can have abilities, but not hardpoints... Repair facility code can only restore tac. health of units but it actually unused by units with hardpoints so there is not much help from it. I think there should be some way to repair hardpoints, because when some hardpoint on station is destroyed, you still can repair it after upgrade. I saw params of hardpoints like "repair cost per frame" and "repair amount per frame" - maybe someone knows where is the code describing this process of repair ? Droid803, if there are repair satellites in FoC which can repair space stations, could you pls. post the code from them ? 

Well, I don't know about FoC - maybe there are repair satellites in it, but I haven't seen them in EaW. The problem is that the code of repair facility doesn't work with big space stations and big ships, I think because they have actually two types of health - "tactical health" and "health". Hardpoints have "health" parameter. I tried to paste repair facility code directly in hardpoint's section (in HARDPOINTS.XML) but it didn't work. Maybe because only units can have abilities, but not hardpoints... Repair facility code can only restore tac. health of units but it actually unused by units with hardpoints so there is not much help from it. I think there should be some way to repair hardpoints, because when some hardpoint on station is destroyed, you still can repair it after upgrade. I saw params of hardpoints like "repair cost per frame" and "repair amount per frame" - maybe someone knows where is the code describing this process of repair ? Droid803, if there are repair satellites in FoC which can repair space stations, could you pls. post the code from them ?   

Are you trying to do this in EaW?

Because it might only work in FoC.

BTW, only the Rebels have the repair satellite in FoC.

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/captainartenon.pnghttp://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Sith_Lords_EaW/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=5554600

Alternate Site

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar1.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6296/sweawuban0cg.png

Petition for Obsidian and Bioware to work on Knights of the Old Republic III together! 3926 Total Signatures and counting!

SW Fanon Wiki entry - Captain Artenon

"A fake news show on fox should have real news!" -Louis Black, The Daily Show.

Copy

THIS

<Force_Healing_Ability Name="Repair_Facility_Healing">
			<Activation_Style>Space_Automatic</Activation_Style>
			<Heal_Range>500.0</Heal_Range>
			<Heal_Amount>25.0</Heal_Amount>
                <Blob_Color>0, 255, 0, 255</Blob_Color>
			<Heal_Interval_In_Secs>1.0</Heal_Interval_In_Secs>
			<Single_Target_Heal>Yes</Single_Target_Heal>
			<Heal_Range_Blob_Material>Reinforcement_Point_Radius_Overlay</Heal_Range_Blob_Material>
			<!-- We can heal the following unit types: -->
			<Applicable_Unit_Categories>Fighter, Transport, Bomber, Corvette, Frigate, Capital, Hero</Applicable_Unit_Categories>
			<Applicable_Unit_Types />
			<SFXEvent_Target_Affected>Unit_Force_Healing_Pulse</SFXEvent_Target_Affected>
			<Target_Particle_Effect>Shield_Sparks_Medium</Target_Particle_Effect>
			<Target_Particle_Bone_Name>B_TURRET, TURRET_00, B_TURRET_BASE</Target_Particle_Bone_Name>
			<Target_Light_Effect_Type>Color_Flash</Target_Light_Effect_Type>
			<Target_Light_Effect_Color>1.2, 1.2, 2.0</Target_Light_Effect_Color>
			<Target_Light_Effect_Color2 />
			<Target_Light_Effect_Duration>0.6</Target_Light_Effect_Duration>
			<Target_Light_Effect_Pulse_Count>1</Target_Light_Effect_Pulse_Count>
			<Owner_Particle_Bone_Name>ROOT</Owner_Particle_Bone_Name>
			<Owner_Light_Effect_Type>Color_Flash</Owner_Light_Effect_Type>
			<Owner_Light_Effect_Color>1.2, 1.2, 2.0</Owner_Light_Effect_Color>
			<Owner_Light_Effect_Color2 />
			<Owner_Light_Effect_Duration>0.6</Owner_Light_Effect_Duration>
			<Owner_Light_Effect_Pulse_Count>1</Owner_Light_Effect_Pulse_Count>
			<Lighting_Effect_Name>Repair_Facility_Effect</Lighting_Effect_Name>
		</Force_Healing_Ability>

Ability.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

But this code still doesnt't repair big ships! The health of thier HP's is not increasing...  :'( and that's what I want to achieve - repair big ships and space stations by very slow self-repair of their HP's... I added this code to laser satellite (just for test) and satellite repaired fighters, bombers, corvetts indeed, but it does nothing with units which has HP's  :( I don't get it - how those repair satellites could repair ships (and I suppose if they could - they could do it with ANY unit) and even stations in FoC, as it's been mentioned here ??? 

So, nobody knows about it or what ? Can anyone tell me - do those satellites repair big ships with HP's or not ? Damn, I think I'll have to buy FoC and see for myself what those repair satellites actually do with big ships... I know it's stupid, but I don't want to buy FoC meanwhile, because I don't have a good PC right now (don't want to spoil the impression  :)). But I'm sure it won't be difficult for you guys to look about this problem of mine in game itself. It's just... this idea of self repairing is becoming an obsession for me  ;D 

It know it works for SURE in FoC.

Health draining works in EaW (AoSW Darth Nihilus drains life, which is a negative healing ability), so I'm pretty sure force heal works in space.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

• 4 weeks later...