How to add hardpoints to ground vehicles ?

Igor

Recently I decided to add side cannons to AT-AT (I mean to make them fire). Does anybody know how to do that ? I looked at AT-AT model in alo viewer and there are muzzle flashes for side cannons, so I thought that theoretically it's possible to "activate" them. Problem is that most of ground vehicles don't have any records about hardpoints in HARDPOINTS.xml like ships... AT-AT have code of 2 hardpoints in that file but theese points are strange - they have restriction to fire at everything except infantry, fire pulse number is 1... I think model don't use this code. Maybe someone tried to do this ? 

I just did that before I left on my trip. The precoded hardpoints will work.

All you need to do is:

- Change one of the firebones for one of the hardpoints to MuzzleB_01, since they are both MuzzleB_00 precoded.

- Delete the fire category restrictions (it only fires on infantry precoded)

- Increase the fire cone width to say, 10 or so. 1 is too narrow for mounted hardpoints.

- Add the hardpoints under in the AT-AT groundvehicle. Now it should work.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

Thanks Droid803, it works. Now AT-AT is more like REAL AT-AT  :) Now I'm gonna try to do the same thing with AT-ST. I remember in Jedi Outcast 2 it also had additional side armament. By the way maybe you know how to increase damage dealing by AT-AT to infantry specifically ? It's just when I saw ESB episode of Star Wars (when empireals attacked base on Hoth) rebel soldiers died like flies even when SINGLE shot from AT-AT exploded NEAR them  ;D I hate when AT-AT fights whith reb. soldiers (especially upgraded with body armor or something like that - don't remember) so long... The same thing with recieving damage from them - several groups of infantry with blasters have very real chance to destroy the giant AT-AT - I think it's rediculous. To my mind you can fire at AT-AT from your blaster the hole day and don't make a single scratch on it  ;D Well, of course movie and game are different things but I want to change params a little.  The only variant I'm thinking about now is to make some initially enabled combat bonus ability...