Ship spawning problem.

Hello.

I am having trouble with some ship spawning.  It's probably something obvious that I just don't see, or maybe its a faction issue(I doubt).  So when I add a Fighter Bay in the hard points files, a Fight Bay ship point on the ship, and give the ship the ability to spawn ships, I keep getting exceptions.

I added this for an Underworld ship.  It's is the Aggressor or Krayt, what ever you would like to call it.

Here is the coding for the hardpoint's of the ship:

<HardPoints>
		HP_KRAYT_SHIELD_GEN,
		HP_KRAYT_MEGAWEAPON_ION,
		HP_KRAYT_MEGAWEAPON_DAMAGE,
		HP_KRAYT_TURBOLASER_LEFT,
		HP_KRAYT_TURBOLASER_RIGHT,
		HP_KRAYT_TRACTOR_DUMMY,
		HP_KRAYT_ENGINES,
		HP_KRAYT_FIGHTER_BAY

</HardPoints>

The Space Behavior:

<SpaceBehavior>ABILITY_COUNTDOWN, SIMPLE_SPACE_LOCOMOTOR, POWERED, SHIELDED, TARGETING, HIDE_WHEN_FOGGED, REVEAL, UNIT_AI, DAMAGE_TRACKING, ION_STUN_EFFECT, NEBULA, SELF_DESTRUCT, SPAWN_SQUADRON </SpaceBehavior>

And the Hard point for the Fighter Bay:

<HardPoint Name="HP_KRAYT_FIGHTER_BAY">
	<Type> HARD_POINT_FIGHTER_BAY </Type>
	<Is_Targetable>Yes</Is_Targetable>
	<Is_Destroyable>Yes</Is_Destroyable>
	<Tooltip_Text>TEXT_ENGINE_HARDPOINT</Tooltip_Text>
	<Attachment_Bone>HP_trac_bone</Attachment_Bone>             
	<Collision_Mesh>HP_trac_bone</Collision_Mesh>
	<Health>250.0</Health>
	<Death_Explosion_Particles> Large_Explosion_Space </Death_Explosion_Particles>
	<Death_Explosion_SFXEvent>Unit_Hardpoint_Engines_Death</Death_Explosion_SFXEvent>
</HardPoint>

It just gives me exceptions...

So please help?

Did you put in the lines to tell what to spawn, the reserves, and so on?

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/codeuser/sigcopy.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar2.jpg

[3:52:33 PM] Arbiter says: Paracetamoxyfrusebendroneomycin would cure all of his diseases....

[3:52:47 PM] Arbiter says: Except with the side effect of probable death.

Did you put in the lines to tell what to spawn, the reserves, and so on?

Yessir.  I have the spawning set to:

<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>StarViper_Team, 1</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
	<Spawned_Squadron_Delay_Seconds>2</Spawned_Squadron_Delay_Seconds>
	<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>StarViper_Team, 6</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0> 
	<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>Skipray_Squadron, 1</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
	<Spawned_Squadron_Delay_Seconds>5</Spawned_Squadron_Delay_Seconds>
	<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>Skipray_Squadron, 6</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0> 

don't spawn StarViper_Team, its supposed to be StarViper_Squadron (or whatever) That's one problem. May fix the whole thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

Starviper_Team is the "container" name, containers group units together so when you select one fighter you select the whole squad. The proper spawn should be Starviper_Squadron.

You said you "give the ship the ability to spawn ships," does that mean you gave it the SPAWN_SQUADRON?

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Starviper_Team is the "container" name, containers group units together so when you select one fighter you select the whole squad. The proper spawn should be Starviper_Squadron.

You said you "give the ship the ability to spawn ships," does that mean you gave it the SPAWN_SQUADRON?

OK, I'll try "Starviper_Squadron" and yes, I mean "Spawn_Squadron"

EDIT:

OK, it works now...

It was just a careless error.  Sorry guys.

Edited by CrossedOffName