How make one EAW mod on FOC? and two or more questions about game

-I would like make my mod on FOC and I would like know what files must I change and what files can I use from Alliance mod. I have seen the Space add on mod on FOC I see that they are use EAW files.

-Other question is what file must I edit to change the spawn side flags on land battles.

-And the last question is if I can make bigger the limit of units on combat, the reinforcement panel is a bit small and when I attack on a land battle with 20 different teams the icons do not load well, on it the game is a disaster. Can I make the reinforce  panel bigger?

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".

Clan Nomada Web Site

FirefoxCCMods Web Site

(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

For the first part you will need to import all your EAW formatted units into FOC. People do this various ways. Some add them to the ground units files other add them to their own unique xml folders. I do a mixture of the two. If you decided to do it the unique xml file  way you just need to make an xml file the same way as you will see the default FOC expansion XML file for the new units PG added. Then you have to add their names to gameobjectfiles.xml

The other way you just add all your units to the existing ground units xml files.

Now you should not place your older ground units files or any other type of EAW files into the FOC folder. FOC uses a lot of new settings, such as garrison units ability, bribe types and other new things. Replacing the FOC files with EAW files will obviously break some thing in the game.

The Space Addon mod incorporated the use of some older EAW files - by integrating them into the FOC mod. From what I saw this was for the AI - although if you tweak it right the FOC AI can be just as good without the additions the space addon mod did.

Now. The thing is some times EAW unit code has to be modified and re done to FOC specifications. I have had some Space units acting really odd until I re did the unit code. So if you see Star fighters flying off screen this is what I am talking about.

For each older unit like Infantry you will want to add Garrion code to the unit. So they can take cover in bunkers. For Vehicles they can board a transport on the ground etc.

You can also add chaep bribe costs to the units also. For the Consortium to use against bribing units.

Most EAW 1.05 code is compatible with FOC 1.1 with soem minor exceptions I have found. In which case as mentioned the code has to be re done. I have found no cases however where I have had to get new units made or converted for FOC. Older EAW models should work ok.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/drone_pilot/JC_Sig.jpg

Sote Mod Website @

http://sote-mod.com/forum/index.php?act=home

Garrisoning, as in making a bunker?

You need the following lines:

GARRISON_STRUCTURE in

Infantry (what you want to be able to go in)

5 (how many ppl fit)

b_garrison_00, b_garrison_01, b_garrison_02, b_garrison_03 (the bones, if it doesn't have these bones use ROOT or whatever.

0 (how close to the bone the people need to be to enter)

and optional:

8 (How many garrison guns.)

===

yay 1000 posts!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

I have one small problem when I try add the garrison to new models, they enter well on bunkers but when I exit them, they out and I see a few of them but I can not move them.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".

Clan Nomada Web Site

FirefoxCCMods Web Site

(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

That happens with the stock bunkers too. they sometimes get stuck when exiting. Just tell them to go back and come back out again. That usually works.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"