Republic UTAT repulsor tank

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, in battlefront, their lasers are blue lines...which implies that they are rockets that have a blue trail when launched.

Particle editor :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

You know, in battlefront, their lasers are blue lines...which implies that they are rockets that have a blue trail when launched.

Particle editor :P

Ah........but I have not played Battlefront2 and I have not the game, the model is with the official battlefron2 tools. ;)

I think that I do not go to add a different trail on rockets, I will see it a bit with particle editor but probably I will not change it.

And if you see well.......on battlefront gunship has not this four laser turret, it is a bit different from battlefront.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".

Clan Nomada Web Site

FirefoxCCMods Web Site

(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

This is the last model that I have done, it is the Palpatine Shuttle that we saw on the Episode III. The model is from SW Battlefront 2.

http://www.clannomada.com/capturas/eawA/protoshuttle.jpg

I do not know if the engines are very correct but I could not add to it a Lambda shuttle engines.

Clan Nomada Web Site

FirefoxCCMods Web Site

I do not see ilegal restrictions on eula battlefront.

And speaking about it.......is legal make EAW or FOC mods, EULA do not say nothing about mods, only levels and one level is not one mod.

SOFTWARE LICENSE AND LIMITED WARRANTY

PLEASE READ THIS LICENSE CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE.  BY INSTALLING OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE.  IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE, DELETE THE SOFTWARE AND ALL RELATED FILES FROM YOUR COMPUTER, AND PROMPTLY RETURN THIS PACKAGE AND ITS CONTENTS TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE FOR A REFUND OR EXCHANGE SUBJECT TO THE RETURN POLICY OF THE RETAILER.

The computer program, artwork, music, printed materials, on-line or electronic documentation, and other components included in this product and all copies of such materials as such as may be modified or updated (collectively referred to as the "Software"), are the copyrighted property of Activision and/or its affiliated entities or divisions, and its licensors (collectively referred to as "Activision").  The Software is non-exclusively licensed (not sold) to you, and Activision and/or its licensors owns and/or controls all copyright, trade secret, patent and other proprietary rights in the Software. Activision may make improvements or updates to the Software at any time and with or without notice to you, which may be made available to you as Activision may determine.  Such updates or improvements may change the game play associated with the Software.

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you may use the Software, solely for your personal use, by installing the Software on a single computer and using the Software in accordance with its documentation.  You may not circumvent or attempt to circumvent any technological measures in the Software or the media designed to prevent copying or unauthorized access.

All rights not specifically granted under this Agreement are reserved by Activision and, as applicable, its licensors.  You may not:  (1) except in connection with the installation of and game play associated with the Software, copy the Software in its entirety onto a hard drive or other storage device and you must run the Software from the included Digital Versatile Disc (“DVD”) or CD-ROM; (2) distribute, rent, lease or sublicense all or any portion of the Software; (3) modify or prepare derivative works of the Software, except as otherwise may be allowed herein; (4) transmit the Software over a network, by telephone, or electronically using any means, or permit use of the Software, in a network, multi-user arrangement or remote access arrangement except in the course of your network multiplayer play of the Software over authorized networks in accordance with its documentation; (5) engage in matchmaking for multi-player play over unauthorized networks; (6) design or distribute unauthorized levels; (7) reverse engineer the Software, derive source code, or otherwise attempt to reconstruct or discover any underlying source code, ideas, algorithms, file formats, programming or interoperability interfaces of the Software by any means whatsoever, except to the extent expressly permitted by law despite a contractual provision to the contrary, and then only after you have notified Activision in writing of your intended activities; (8) remove, disable, or circumvent any proprietary notices or labels contained on or within the Software; (9) export or re-export the Software or any copy or adaptation thereof in violation of any applicable laws or regulations; or (10) commercially exploit the Software, specifically at any cyber café, computer gaming center or any other public site without first obtaining a separate license from Activision or its licensors (which it may or may not issue in its sole discretion) for such use, and Activision or its licensors may charge a fee for any such separate license.

You may transfer the Software, but only if the recipient agrees to accept and be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.  If you transfer the Software, you must transfer all components and documentation and erase any copies residing on computer equipment.  Your rights in and to this license are automatically terminated if and when you transfer the Software.

Activision warrants to the original consumer purchaser only that the media furnished in this Software will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase (as evidenced by your receipt).  If the media furnished in this Software proves to be defective, and provided that the original consumer purchaser returns the media to Activision in accordance with the instructions in this paragraph, Activision will replace the defective media:  (a) free of charge to the original consumer purchaser, if the media proves to be defective within the ninety (90) day period following the date of purchase, or (cool.gif for a fee of £9.00 (all references herein are to Sterling) per DVD or £6.00 per Compact Disc (“CD”), if the media proves to be defective after the expiration of the ninety (90) day warranty period, provided that the request is made within a reasonable time from purchase, and Activision continues to distribute the DVD or CD commercially.  To obtain a replacement DVD or CD, please return the defective DVD or CD only, postage prepaid, to Activision, accompanied by proof of date of purchase, a description of the defect, and your name and return address, as well as a check for £6.00 per CD or £9.00 per DVD made payable to Activision if after expiration of the warranty period.  Activision will mail a replacement to you.  In the event that the Software is no longer available, Activision retains the right to substitute a similar product of equal or greater value.  This warranty is not applicable and shall be void if the defect has arisen through abuse, mistreatment, neglect, or from normal wear and tear.  Activision and its licensors have no obligation to provide support, maintenance, upgrades, modifications or new releases under this Agreement.

You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the Software is at your sole risk.  Except for the limited ninety (90) day warranty on the media set forth above, the Software and any related documentation or materials are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind.  ACTIVISION AND ITS LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.  ACTIVISION AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.  THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS ASSUMED BY YOU, AND YOU (AND NOT ACTIVISION) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL SERVICING, REPAIR AND/OR CORRECTION.  ACTIVISION AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL ALSO NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAYS, SYSTEM FAILURES OR SYSTEM OUTAGES WHICH MAY, FROM TIME TO TIME, AFFECT ONLINE GAME PLAY OR ACCESS THERETO.  SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL ACTIVSION, OR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, LICENSEES OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOST DATA, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE POSSESSION, USE, OR MALFUNCTION OF THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY, EVEN IF ACTIVISON OR AN ACTIVISION AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSS.  SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

YOU AGREE THAT THE LIABILITY OF ACTIVISION AND ITS LICENSORS ARISING OUT OF ANY KIND OF LEGAL CLAIM (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU ORIGINALLY PAID FOR THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE.  YOU AGREE TO WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO EQUITABLE RELIEF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJUNCTIVE RELIEF, TO ENFORCE THE TERMS HEREOF.  THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY IN THIS AND OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THE ALLOCATION OF RISK HEREIN ARE AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES, WITHOUT WHICH ACTIVISION WOULD NOT HAVE ENTERED INTO THIS AGREEMENT.  ACTIVISION PRICING REFLECTS THIS ALLOCATION OF RISK AND THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SPECIFIED HEREIN.

THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS DEPENDING ON THE LAWS IN YOUR JURISDICTION.

Rules Governing New Levels:  Activision is under no obligation to make any features in the Software that will allow you to create New Levels.  If Activision determines, in its sole discretion, to make such features available, then the following will apply: “New Levels” are data that modify, add to, or substitute for data in the Software, thus modifying, adding to, or replacing levels provided by Activision in the Software, and may also include saved games, and scenarios created using the skirmish features of the Software.  New Levels may be subsequently delivered or made accessible through an electronic update.  New Levels may be permitted by Activision, in its sole discretion, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the following additional conditions:

(1)  New Levels may work only if used in combination with the retail version of the Software, and may not work with any demo or Original Equipment Manufacturer (generally known as “OEM”) versions of the Software.  New Levels may not be designed to be used as a stand-alone product.

(2)  New Levels may not modify any COM, EXE, DLL or other executable files.

(3)  New Levels must not contain any illegal, scandalous, illicit, defamatory, libelous, or objectionable material (as may be determined by Activision in its sole discretion), or any material that infringes any trademarks, copyrights, protected works, publicity, proprietary, or other rights of any third party or of Activision.

(4)  New Levels may not include any Activision or its licensors’ sound effects or music files or portions thereof.

(5)  New Levels must identify in every description file, on-line description, read-me, and in comments in the New Level code (if new code is added): (a) the name, address, and e-mail address of the level’s creators, and (cool.gif the following disclaimer: “THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION OR ITS LICENSORS.  ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.”

(6)  New Levels may not be sold, bartered, or distributed with any other product for which any charge is made (other than incidental charges for time spent on-line), but rather must be distributed free of charge at all times.

(7)  By distributing or permitting the distribution of any New Levels, all creators or owners of any trademark, copyright, or other right, title or interest therein: (a) grant to Activision and its licensors an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, sublicensable right to distribute or exploit the New Level by any means or media (whether now known or hereafter invented), and to create and distribute by any means or media (whether now known or hereafter invented) derivative works thereof, and to charge for the distribution of such New Level or such derivative work, with no obligation to account to any creators or owners of the New Level in any manner, and (cool.gif waive and covenant not to assert in any forum any and all moral rights (including, without limitation, rights of paternity, attribution, integrity, and participation), and authorize Activision and/or its licensors to publish and exploit the New Levels (including any portions and derivatives thereof) in its sole discretion without attributing any of the foregoing to me or identifying me in connection therewith.

(8) Activision may revoke your right or permission to use, distribute or make New Levels at any time and in its sole discretion.

NEW LEVELS AND ANY ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED AS IS.  ACTIVISION DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY TECHNICAL OR PRODUCT SUPPORT FOR NEW LEVELS.

LucasArts and the LucasArts logo are trademarks of Lucasfilm Ltd.  © 2006 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM as indicated.  All rights reserved.

This game and manual are each a work of fiction.  All of the characters, events, locations, logos, and entities portrayed in this game are fictional.  Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, or actual events, is purely coincidental.

Online play subject to online terms of use and privacy policy as may be available online at www.lucasarts.com or such other site as LucasArts may designate.

Activision UK, Ltd.

3 Roundwood Avenue

Stockley Park

Uxbridge

UB11 1AF

What do you think about this vaders_Legion?

Clan Nomada Web Site

FirefoxCCMods Web Site

It IS ILLEGAL to Port models. End of.

And modding is not illegal, as the makers have endorsed it.

But taking a model from one game and putting it in another is ILLEGAL. IN ANY COUNTRY.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa302/AdnamTHX1138/Sigs/THXJunoSig.png

(2) distribute, rent, lease or sublicense all or any portion of the Software; (3) modify or prepare derivative works of the Software, except as otherwise may be allowed herein;

That's where it says. Don't distribute any portion of the software (the model), and don't modify or prepare derivative works of the Software except when allowed (and obviously, they didn't allow you to port, they released their mod tools to mod their game not another.) It has been quoted before...

"That was fun"

i dunt get it .............we are just making mods...not indpendent games......and besides arent battlefront and EAW both under Lucasarts???

besides if any of these companies decide to come after us...we can ditch this shit and mod other games. we are not running out of strategy games to mod

Thats besides the point. Its illegal. How can you not get that, IT IS ILLEGAL. AGAINST THE LAW. Can i put it any other way?

And if those companes do come after you, you could be sued for god knows what amount.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa302/AdnamTHX1138/Sigs/THXJunoSig.png

Well read Droid803.

(2) distribute, rent, lease or sublicense all or any portion of the Software; (3) modify or prepare derivative works of the Software, except as otherwise may be allowed herein;

But have we permission from Lucasarts? And you do not made a mistake, Petroglyph was only the game creator, EAW, FOC, Battlefront and Xwing Alliance are from Lucasarts.

I never have seen one text from Lucasarts speaking about Mods. I always have thought that they let the mods and no more. We can think that it is because nobody export models from their games to other gamecompany but all us have seen the Evilljedi Warlords, are the warlords models one invention from Evilljedi? I think that the answer is no on the 50% or more of them. Is the warlords mod ilegal? No, because it is a mod, nobody go to sell this and probably Lucasarts will send more games, books, comics, T-shirt and more things from Star Wars.

On few words I think and I know that I´m not doing nothing ilegal. And if somebody want prohibit me to use this models and public screenshots from them here, first he should think if his mods are legal because probably he is on the same situation that me.

Clan Nomada Web Site

FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Well, fine, do what you want.

You're right, noones going to come and check on you unless you try and sell that...just informing you that its not totally legal (Yea, they let mods be, but they never allowed ripping source from one game and sticking it into another...so...whichever way it is, its their call, don't assume :P )

Actually, Pandemic made SWBF2, Totally Games or something made XWA...Lucasarts just owns all the rights, so they get to say if you're allowed to use it or not. If they do, that is. (Rare)

"That was fun"

I think that they never go to tell to me or you nothing about make mods.

But you are wrong from this.

but they never allowed ripping source from one game and sticking it into another...so...whichever way it is, its their call, don't assume

I do not know if you know that I´m a old Close Combat mod maker and on Close Combat games there are one big problem, Atomic games never let create mods but probably Close Combat games are some of the games with more mods. And I never have this type of problems and I have made one Close Combat Star Wars mod and I wait end one new version with Empire at war units, named Empire at War, by the moment I have done 20 maps as the original 3D EAW maps but on 2D but with one big new thing, I did them with Blitzkrieg 2 map editor and they have a new textures very good. But it is other big history from other game.

And there are one Total Annhilation Star Wars mods, one C&C Generals Star Wars, and many more, where do they take their models? from Lucasarts games as me.;)

And on few words, I go to release the most soon possible my mod with these units and you are free to download it if you want on www.firefoxccmods.com , I have goodluck because I have my own site and I do not depend from others as Filefront.

Clan Nomada Web Site

FirefoxCCMods Web Site

ever go on filefront and see the kotor jka ports? Pcgamemods too, somebody put them on the site and it got taken down for porting, even if they gave the correct credits to the game modelers and Devs. they got sued for quite a bit of money and are now behind bars in prison. This is proof that porting is illegal

And there are one Total Annhilation Star Wars mods, one C&C Generals Star Wars, and many more, where do they take their models? from Lucasarts games as me.

You're saying IA and SW: TA are ripping models from other games?

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/codeuser/sigcopy.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar2.jpg

[3:52:33 PM] Arbiter says: Paracetamoxyfrusebendroneomycin would cure all of his diseases....

[3:52:47 PM] Arbiter says: Except with the side effect of probable death.

ever go on filefront and see the kotor jka ports? Pcgamemods too, somebody put them on the site and it got taken down for porting, even if they gave the correct credits to the game modelers and Devs. they got sued for quite a bit of money and are now behind bars in prison. This is proof that porting is illegal

My mod is not as this example, I give the correct credit to all and I always say that I have not done the mod if not the creators of the models. It is on the readme.txt on mod but you probably can not understand it because I write it on Spanish.

You're saying IA and SW: TA are ripping models from other games?

They rip the models to Lucasarts, They did not invented their own models.

And this thread is becoming something crazy because all we know that Lucasarts never wrote that we have permission to make mods on their games. And you can accuse me from rip models but I have only copied the desing, my models are on ALO format and not on MSH or other formats. And the CIS Gunship is from the film SW Episode III, the same than the Protoshuttle or the UTAT created by Doofi. I do not see more rip on it that put a Star Destroyer on Homeworld 2, one game from other company as Sierra.

And the big problem from me was give the correct credit to this because I could have done as many modmakers and only release the models and tell you, "I have created one cis gunship" but I very honest and I do not know tell lies.  ::)

Clan Nomada Web Site

FirefoxCCMods Web Site

dude, so these didnt come directily from starwars bf2 then? cause if they did it wouldnt be legal

Yes they do not come directily from battlefront and my cis gunship is very very different to the bf2 gunship. And the Protoshuttle.........good the bf2 model I suppose that it use animations that I have not because it has the wings closed and my model has them open.

And the UTAT, it is a model from one bf2 modmaker named Doofi.

As you will see they are not a rip.

Clan Nomada Web Site

FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Perhaps you didn't rip all of the assets, but you still took the model and skin. With a few possible modifications.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/codeuser/sigcopy.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar2.jpg

[3:52:33 PM] Arbiter says: Paracetamoxyfrusebendroneomycin would cure all of his diseases....

[3:52:47 PM] Arbiter says: Except with the side effect of probable death.

Perhaps you didn't rip all of the assets, but you still took the model and skin. With a few possible modifications.

Yes but I do not see more rip on it than take the Warlords Homeworld 2 mod from Evilljedi, and I at least I have ask to Evilljedi about use their models on my mod, one thing than many modmakers have not done probably, I have seen on this forum Evilljedi models as free models but I think that he has not let a full use of them, when I ask him about the models, he requested me a complete list of the models that I went to take.

I want say with it that many people on this and other forums are calling me a ilegal but many people more are really hypocrites with it.

Sorry if my words are hard but it is true. But it is not by you Dr Nick, you are a fantastic man, your answers about 3Dmax questions have help me too more than many tutorials on the net.;)

Clan Nomada Web Site

FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Argh language barriers...

Two scenarios I'm getting:

A) You made your own models based on those: Fine, nothing wrong, you're good.

B) You took the models made by the game developer for that game and adapted it for this game: Bad, that's porting.

I don't understand you much so thats fine with me I guess :)

"That was fun"

Argh language barriers...

Two scenarios I'm getting:

A) You made your own models based on those: Fine, nothing wrong, you're good.

B) You took the models made by the game developer for that game and adapted it for this game: Bad, that's porting.

I don't understand you much so thats fine with me I guess :)

I would like add C, these games are from Lucasarts, I did not nothing bad because I´m working with materials from the same company.

PD:Language barriers where are you from, Droid? I´m from spain and to me is very difficult understand english sometimes (but I have a spanish copy of EULA on my home).;)

Clan Nomada Web Site

FirefoxCCMods Web Site