Generals and Commanders

masterjojobinks

Question

9 answers to this question

When in doubt as to the number of specops to send, I send a boat load. Depending on how built up that world is with stuff, I go with 4 or 5 waves of spies for example, plus several more waves of smaller groups (like alternating groups of 3 or 4...3 as primary-1 decoy/1 primary-3 decoy/2 primary-2 decoy).

I just mix 'em all up and send them like that after the larger primary espionage group has gone. If I'm still unsure of a success, I send a another batch of single units on missions by themselves. With any luck they'll get distracted by all the other overlapping missions and one of those missions will come out good.

I would use a well skilled guy (Han Solo, Vader) with about 6 or more infiltraters/droids as decoys.

Thats in my opinion the best chance to be successfull.

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

:) Ok... I can get the mission completed with no problem. Don't get me wrong these are good and appreciated suggestions. :D I guess what I am asking is there someone that can set up a two person game and test the above question? I don't have the ability to play two person. So... If someone could set up a two person game just with the intent of testing who can get the mine destroyed with 6 storm troopers that information could be used to theorize whether the detection ratings of the storm troopers are added up or averaged. Given several repeated varied simulations (with general, star fighters, fleet) someone could come up with almost exactly what the stats for someone would have to be complete a given mission.

Why do u need a 2 person game? :? The chances for beeing detected or not are the same like in Single player. I tried it often at the same planets f.e. Coruscant and it works. And it also works at Networkgames. The problem is if Force users present than there are some changes

:arrow: look other topic

but normaly it works with enough decoys. You can observe that when u every day check ure team. The decoys fly home/be killed one by one but the Agent is successful as long as decoys are present. That means if the last decoy is detected the Agent will be next :wink:

Yes thats right but try what I done some time ago:

I crushed the Imperials to just one planet left and Vader and Palpy there.

so nobody can take off and go somewhere else.

but it is not as easy as it looks becaus u must be sure not to capture Vader and Palpy the same time :wink: somtime i load the game just because I captured one of them.

but so u can make much tests there :) especial Jedi and Force stuff.

when in doubt, try taking out the general first. a han and chewy team, one mission, and one decoy, is also usually a good bet to do any kind of espionage or sabotage mission, but not always, so be careful. force users can be trouble because other force users can detect them. whenever i play as the alliance, han, chewy, and luke are always together, luke getting foiled, raising his stats, han and chewy sabotaging everything in sight to keep their espionage and combat stats the highest of non-force users (unless you get a goofy game where chewy can be a jedi, lol). if you're the empire, pick a fantastic pair or two for two-person teams and "train" them on easy planets so the will be good agents later in the game.