Death Star in Rebellion

masterjojobinks

Im not sure, i was thinking about that last night, it has all those lasers and turbolasers but the only one it fires is its superlaser
Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

The Death Star cant be atacked by capital ships, only by fighters. The system tells you when you can run a Death Star destroy mission (when they arent empire fighters in the screen).

The Death Star turbolasers are used in a single fire that can blow up any capital ship ... but take a lot to reload. In a normal battle you can only fire 2 or 3 times.

I dont know if the superlaser is considered turbolasers by rebellion, it might be something entirely different. I should mess with that and see what happens.
Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

I forgot what difficulty I was playing on when I did this or how I edited this particular game session, but I played as the Empire and once the Rebs found out I had a DS, they wasted no time in throwing their fleets away at me :D

I simply left my DS with shield and fighter swarm (and some capital ship fodder) along with an interdictor and sat there blasting away. I never moved it, although I did have a backup system equipped with a DS shield in case I needed a fall back position. The only thing I had to worry about was protecting the interdictor really, but I thought that was weird how that played.

You thought the slimy rebels would have learned their lesson after that first slaughter :wink:

Anyway, that's the only known instance where I know for a fact its possible to fire more than a few shots per battle. Depends on how you edit the rebel's ships...if they can build alot in a short order or not etc. I do remember one thing though, I never saw an assault after that first one that wasn't steadily larger. They had more than enough to destroy my DS, but the shield was intact.

As far as I understand it, the turbolasers are used to defend the DS from enemy fighters. That explains, why the attack fails sometimes. Also your your DS will have a better chance to survive the attacks, if you increase these settings with RebEd :wink:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Well, I was wondering, you can't attack the Death Star with capital ships, but can you attack a capital ship with the Death Star? I never managed to do so, and it takes a long time to end the battle if al your ships are destroyed and the death star is shielded. The only way to solve this matter is to retreat...

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

Well, I was wondering, you can't attack the Death Star with capital ships, but can you attack a capital ship with the Death Star? I never managed to do so, and it takes a long time to end the battle if al your ships are destroyed and the death star is shielded. The only way to solve this matter is to retreat...

Yes, when playing as the Empire and you have a DS, in tactical mode I believe the firing button (and power meter) for the superlaser is on the top right side of the screen. Its been awhile since I played as the Empire. You'll see the power level there and after you fire once you can estimate how long you'll have to fire again.

I don't remember if I had to retreat from a system I controlled after a battle with my DS and I had a shield but you may be right. This might be partially why I made a capital ship "throw away" fleet to go along with it as it were. To prevent me from having to retreat, even though my DS was intact. Also an insane amount of fighter support :P

Come to think of it, I think the DS does have to retreat if it is still protected by a shield but all its extra support protection has been vaped. But if you've managed to blast all the reb cap ships away and there were fighters left, I do not believe you'd have to retreat the DS

But your answer nontheless is technicaly right, a DS together with its shield is invulnerable. I'll have to run a game with the Empire to refresh myself, but I don't know if I can recreate the exact conditions I had. I think one of the keys though from before had to do with keeping my DS in a Core system. This way when the rebs run espionage missions there, they'll eventually get that info and send their stuff (since usually an espionage mission in the core on your enemy gets you info on two systems...more info on more systems, even rim ones, if they are running them on Coruscant).

Well, I was wondering can a mission to destroy a Death star be succesful if the DS is shielded from the planet? I think not, because I have a DS shield at every planet and a few Death Stars but the rebels never send any destroy missions. In can't do it myself with the rebels because i never find a Death Star :evil:

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I was wondering can a mission to destroy a Death star be succesful if the DS is shielded from the planet? I think not, because I have a DS shield at every planet and a few Death Stars but the rebels never send any destroy missions. In can't do it myself with the rebels because i never find a Death Star :evil:

The easiest way is to sabotage the DS Shield or sabotage the DS. That's fun, especially if you can do it with Luke and Chewie. Use rebed to make the DS really cheap and the AI will churn them out one after the other. I've played games where the empire has 4 or 5 DS's running around destroying my fleets early in the game. The only way to catch up was to sabotage them.

Curious to know whether having the AI have more Death Stars means they actually might blow up any systems. I've heard someone bring up that if a fleet with one finds the HQ, survives the rebel defense, it'll blow that one up.

Curious to know whether having the AI have more Death Stars means they actually might blow up any systems. I've heard someone bring up that if a fleet with one finds the HQ, survives the rebel defense, it'll blow that one up.

Yes, in my experience, if the DS finds the rebel HQ, they blow it up. It has also been my experience, that if the DS finds either Luke or Mon Mothma on a planet, it will blow up that planet. Of course they survive the blast and are either captured (Mon Mothma), or they may escape (Luke if he's tough enough).