Mission and attribute questions

masterjojobinks

Question

When I do a sabotage missing what is the most important attribute? Combat, espionage, or leadership?

When I do espionage mission what is the most import attribute? Combat, espionage, or leadership?

When I do diplomacy I know it is about diplomacy only.

When I do an uprising what is the most importance attribute? Combat, espionage, or leadership?

When I do an uprising put down what is the most importance attribute? Combat, espionage, or leadership?

Does it matter if any character is a rank at the start of the mission?

What affect does having a general or commander on the planet you are trying to sabotage or spy on?

Which missions do the attributes go up on? I know diplomacy.

4 answers to this question

sabatoge and espionage both need espionage to not get detected and combat determines whether they escape or get captured(there is chance in that too)

not sure about the uprisings

rank doesnt matter since they lose it as soon as they leave for the mission

i dont think a commander has any effect in the missions, i know they give the fighters a boost in tactical

a general increases the chances that the mission will be discovered, also not to do with your question but increases troop performance in defense and attack on assaults

Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

Guest Scathane
When I do a sabotage missing what is the most important attribute? Combat, espionage, or leadership?
The espionage attributes of characters and special forces assigned to the mission.

When I do espionage mission what is the most import attribute? Combat, espionage, or leadership?
The espionage attributes of the characters and special forces assigned to the mission.

When I do an uprising what is the most importance attribute? Combat, espionage, or leadership?
The leadership attributes of the characters assigned to the mission, the loyalty of the planet and the number of troops garrisoned on the planet.

When I do an uprising put down what is the most importance attribute? Combat, espionage, or leadership?
The same as for incite uprising missions.

No, it doesn't.

The succes of a rescue mission depends on the espionage attributes of the mission leader and of the combined combat attributes of other characters or special forces assigned to the mission, as well as the troops garrisoned on the planet.

At least, this is what the in-game encyclopedia says...

My guiding principal:

The raiding party consists of the Agentgroup, which counts as one thing.

The decoys are on their own. That means, that if one decoy is foiled he fly home (or become captured/killed)but the other decoys are still at work.

If one of the Agentgroup is detected, the mission is over (failure)

The Atributes of the Agengroup is mixed by a formula (dont know exactly)

The espionage rate does matter that the party come to the targeted object.

The Combat rate is then important to make the mission (sabotage/rescue/abduction...) or the Leadership for initiate uprising missions.

After the mission is over (success or failure) the espionage rating is another time important to be not detected while escaping.

Back to the Decoy thing: If one decoy is detected the mission goes on and if u sent more than one decoy u have some left. everybody can observe that: often the first decoy fly home after breaching a fleet in orbit.

I got a good way to make missions often successful: I send one guy as Agent (with high ratings in Combat, maybe a Jedi or Han...)and a couple of Decoys.The decoys fly one by one home but the Agent can compleet the mission unmolested.

Puh was a long explanation but I hope I can help u guys. :)

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Espionage to not get detected, espionage and combat to sabotage.

Espionage, espionage, espionage.

When I do diplomacy I know it is about diplomacy only.

Yes, and the combined attribute of the whole team plays factor, although if successful, only one agent is responsible (and gets a stat boost if its a character, which for diplomacy, it always is).

Leadership is most important, but espionage helps them from being detected getting into the system and not getting noticed while they're there.

Leadership, leadership, leadership. BUT, people can get hurt or killed being on your own planets that are in uprising, so to put down uprisings, its good to have good combat as well. Uprising misions work with combined team attributes too, so a mass sobdue mission should work better and maybe even faster than just one character on your own planet. This is offset on enemy planets because you don't want to be detected and the more members of the team, the more easily it can be detected.

Not at all from what i have experienced in playing for years.

What affect does having a general or commander on the planet you are trying to sabotage or spy on?

Generals enhance troops' ability to detect and foil. The espionage rating of the general enhances the detection, the combat rating of the general increases the chance of capturing or killing your mission agents. Commanders do the same with thier ground-based fighter squadrons.

Which missions do the attributes go up on? I know diplomacy.

All except Researh and Development and (i think) Jedi Training. The attributes need for that mission go up. Diplomacy for diplomacy, espionage and combat for sabotage, combat for abduction/assasination/rescue, leadership for incite uprising (when the system goes neutral or to your control), leadership for subdue uprising, leadership also for sucessful recruitment.

Notes: Being a good decoy depends wholly on espionage, but you must be able to do the real mission. Espionage always helps in not getting detected doing the mission, whether or not you need it for the mission (this is why you need espionage to be a good decoy). Combat is very important in not getting your ass captured, killed, or destroyed (special ops), even if you don't need combat for the mission.

Also, all of these things are explained well in the Official Strategy Guide as well as many good strategy guides, walthroughs, etc that can be found on the net. You should think of doing some reasearch of your own and reading a bit, and also test within the game itself. Do a sucessful mission, see which stats went up for the person who was responsible for the success of that mission (which is not always necessarily the person that reports to you).