Decoys

masterjojobinks

Question

5 answers to this question

What good does the Decoy do?

Generally it saves the butts of any characters acting as primaries to the mission

Is it better you assign the higher valued person to a decoy or to the mission?

I use them as decoys if they are higher than a character I want to build up. * I can't be sure, but a character as a decoy helps any other specop decoys on that mission.

Does the person that is a decoy get any attribute raises?

As far as I know, only a character on the mission, not one as a decoy for it, gets the bonus if it suceeds.

Before I put a character in as a decoy for a mission though, I make sure they're adequately built up in skills first. If your playing a game with traitors on, typically I wind up relegating one of the primary characters (Han, Luke, Leia, or Mothma) as backup for someone else or one of the mains later.

Does it make since to use the troops as decoys or regular mission?

As for using specops as primaries, I only do this if I don't want to risk a character, and I use a lot especially to escape captured characters or to abduct. 5 or 6 primaries, with maybe double or triple specops as decoys (depending on troops there).

In my current game though, everyone's leadership has a boost 200 on reb side, and the Imps get the bonus, usually another 100 tacked on, so I almost always need to send two to three characters plus one specop or two as primaries to make sure their leadership is above the garrsioning commander/general.

A question I have however is this.

* Are specops assigned to decoy duty with a character any better off than if nothing but specops were decoys?

My instincts tell me that its yes based on previous games.

well not to sound completely stupid but i never manage to put people as a decoy how do you do that?

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

When you assign someone to a mission there is to folder tabs at the top of the window that lists who is on the mission. One tab is the mission operators and one is the decoy. When you push the tab it will bring up a window that allows you to move people back and forth. The description may be sketchy since it is from memory.

Ok thanx

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

U played the hole time without decoys?!?! Have u ever successfull destroyed anything at a plante with a troop or general there? The decoys raise the chance of beeing successfull more than 100% 8O

Try it, u will see it 8)

"I am growing stronger with the Force"