Parallel universes: do they exist?

Guest Scathane

Guest JediIgor
Well, I don't know about my stance on parallel universes (reminds me of the theory where all points in time exist concurrently), but as for Sliders, the last episode was where the black guy (what's his name?) went back to his home planet. That's all, it didn't even tell us if he freed his planet or not :x Edited by JediIgor

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, you all are starting to make my brain hurt! :wink::lol:

...but as for Sliders, the last episode was where the black dude (what's his name?) went back to his home dimension. That's all, it didn't even tell us if he freed his planet or not :x

Wow that sucks, I never saw that episode. I think his name was Rembrant, by the way.

Dinochick, did they ever find their way home in Sliders ? I can't remember, the last thing I know is, that John Ryse Davis stayed in on of the dimensions, but I also think the show was suddenly cancelled, before it was finished, or am I mixing something up here ?

I guess that answers our question, I had wondered also how they ended it. But I think that you are right that it was cancelled before everyone made it home. :? The episodes I watched the other day were after Ryse-Davis was gone and I think they had a diffrent actress playing the girl that I remember.

http://www.dinochick.com/dc_saber_banner_02.gif

DAMN what an interesting topic here :D

Unfortunatly I can not add here very much :oops: but its interesting to read.

I heard something about "Antimatter", that means the full opposide of something real :arrow::arrow: An Elektron and a Antimatter Elektron would destroy each other when meeting by sending out the full energy amount they have (E=mc²) Thats a great explosion :)

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Guest Scathane
DAMN what an interesting topic here :D

Unfortunatly I can not add here very much :oops: but its interesting to read.

I heard something about "Antimatter", that means the full opposide of something real :arrow::arrow: An Elektron and a Antimatter Elektron would destroy each other when meeting by sending out the full energy amount they have (E=mc²) Thats a great explosion :)

You're quite right! The 'explosion' that would result form a collision between matter and antimatter is called annihilation. It is called such because the collission would leave no matter residu whatsoever (normally an reaction causing the release of energy does not allow all the matter to be converted into energy; there's always some residu, even with nuclear fusion, the strongest reaction we can actually perform today). You may imagine the energy released by annihilation of one single electron of matter and one electron of antimatter to be 10,000 times as large as that of nuclear fusion!!! 8O8O8O

It's really an interesting read. I don't think I can add much myself, my physics book for school is filled with lots of intelligent stuff to quantum physics, most of which I don't understand (Basically because in school we have just started with the quantum model for light and the Planck experiments as well as the Fotoeffekt).

We live in three dimension, time being the fourth dimension can be taken into account, but there are infinite dimensions. As my math teacher put it out: "You could get a vektor in a 17dimensionalspace and add it to another equal vektor, but I'm sure you can't imagine how that looks like."

AS for the quantum physics I doubt at all that will be doing much with it in class basically because as my physics teacher put it: "Ah! That's interesting, but it's to difficult for me, and I don't have the time."

As for antimatter the annihilation is the result of the collision and the energy of both becomes Gamma radiation... (Or at least that's what my smart book says :wink: )

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane

Hurray for Trej! Glad to see you finally made it over here. You might want to ask your teacher if he would explain Schrödinger's Cat to you; it just might be something your class is baffled by...

Maybe we should start a quantum class on these forums... :roll:

I think I will but later.. much later...

I have exam on the 25th and due to many reasons we won't have class unitl then....AFter that we have one more class and the comes the written Abitur exam... I think I'll ask him after that...

The topic is very interesting though...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
I think I will but later.. much later...

I have exam on the 25th and due to many reasons we won't have class unitl then....AFter that we have one more class and the comes the written Abitur exam... I think I'll ask him after that...

See, there it is again: this will probably mean you're in the universe in which you'll ask him after the Abitur; there's probably also a universe in which you'll ask him before that... :D

8O

yeah whatever

I am convinced that those universes exist but it is getting a bit vague

8O

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

Guest Scathane
8O

yeah whatever

I am convinced that those universes exist but it is getting a bit vague

8O

Of course, you're free to decide for yourself whether you think this thread is vague but, to be honest, I have merely stated the way modern scientists look at our world..., 'factually' speaking... :D

Behind the sheet of cardboard we set up a small sensor array that is so sensitive that it can measure one single light particle, called a photon. We now fire one single photon at two holes. Now, as we will probably all understand, one single photon can only go through one of the holes. So, the expected result would be the same projection as if we were to shine our flashlight beam through one hole as described above. However, the sensor array records the same result as if we were to shine the flashlight beam through two holes as described above. 8O

The conclusion is this: there must be another particle traveling through that other hole. This particle has the same qualities as a photon; it behaves like a photon and most probably is just that: a photon. The point is that we don't see it directly. The conclusion scientists have come up with is that this second photon is actually in another universe that is interfering with ours! Weird huh?!

It is weird and vague I understand it a bit, but the flashlight expiriment was fun to do

By the way Scath, my post wasn't to offend you, but only to express that I don't understood your story, I do now, but I still find the story of the Photons a bit vague, not this thread but the story of the Photons.

I apoligize if I have offended you or made you feel not so happy in any way. 8)

HUH 8O

Guest Scathane
Hey Jaled u can mix that with the evil kitty u made before :)
Hopefully there's one universe where he can... :lol:

By the way, Jahled, is Zoot Schrödinger's Cat?

Guest Scathane
U mean he slides to that universe where he can and brings it back to this one :?:arrow::roll::arrow::)
No, that would make him a slider... What I mean is whether Zoot's constantly in this spooky state in which he's both dead and alive at the same time... 8O

By the way, Jahled, is Zoot Schrödinger's Cat?

Come again, Scathe! Who's Schrödinger? 8O

Jahled ducks for the volley of laughter about to be fired upon him, when the answer turns out to be common knowledge... :?

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif