Puzzle Quest (PSP) also avail on the DS and PC

chip5541

No threads on this game yet? Shame. Really awsome hybrid RPG/Puzzle game. I have no clue what gener you would really classify it as. You have your typical RPG trappings such as story, inventory and spells. You have you overhead map and quest to complete but then your battles are puzzles. Lining up 3 or more of the same color increase your mana or spell levels like fire and earth. You also have experience gems and money which is a little bonus to increase your character or purchase new weapons/armour/etc.. Then we come to the skulls which do damage to teh other player. The gems also have wildcards (like uno) and + or x to the gems just to give that extra boost. The gameplay is taking turns back and forth in an attempt to kill the enemy and to get as much gold and experience you can.

This game is very addicting. My wife has been playing it for 2 days now almost constantly.

http://www.infinite-interactive.com/images/PQ_PSP_18.jpg

http://www.infinite-interactive.com/images/PQ_PSP_06.jpg

http://www.infinite-interactive.com/images/PQ_PSP_03.jpg

Big kudos goes out to Sno for pointing this game out to me.

*curses in a surprised way*, I'm getting this. Thanks for the heads up. Got any more heads up for the PSP since i'm looking for games for it again to make it not that worthless (Well it ain't but you get more options with more games).

edit: Brackets above and:

Damn its not sold in Best Buy (or online anyways). Gonna have to search around for it and its only $30 CAD. I like simple RPGS like Titan Quest or even this (by the looks of it).

Edited by Ghostly_Substance

Played the demo for it on PC and damn, if your trying to capture good luck. I wasn't using my brain and I couldn't even capture that damn skull warrior. Since it was a demo I gave up and now waiting to find the real thing so I can start my character a new and this time spend my precious time on it whenever. Every item and attributes help it and thankfully i'm upping my health, equipement and using the skulls to my advantage when I can.

PSPing this one since how can I carry my PC to Europe and back? :P Laptop but those things are expensive like the PS3.

Got it for the PSP and created 3 characters. 1 is my main, 1 is for the instant action and the other is my druid to mess around with. I upgraded my Citadel but i'm having issues with the damn Vampire bat on my main. It just heals up and I can't attack quick enough since I need more "mana". Great game i'd recommend you guys get it. Simple, easy, and complex. Thanks Chip your a big help  ;D