Lebarronn90

What is the best way to run your planets in a sector  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best way to run your planets in a sector

• 2 shields and troops
    • lnr's only and troops
    • shields or lnr's or a mix but no troops
    • troops only no shields no lnr's

i want to see what people think on this. I have been trying several different ways. Please feel free to post why you feel as you do. The way I have been playing lately I can use all the input I can get
Play For Fun.....Play To Win.....But Most Of All Play With Honor

varying ways to look at this. I have been using 2 lnr's in sesswanna but no troops but when i think about it if i used no lnr's that would free up 20 energy slots in the sector and that equals 500 points that could be used for building ships or fighters. Perhaps 2 shields 2 lnr's and many troops as in 18 army regiments is the answer. if you go that route you could use your ships to be attacking elsewhere but you better damn well have a general stationed there unfortunately there are only about 10 "ggod" command guys that make a decent general. in that case what do you do if you have another sector built up? I'm thinking my next game to go with no shields no lnr's and no troops giving myself as many points as possible. bigger fleet in sess may be the answer in stopping the rebs from wiping out my fleets. Lately the maintenence points are hard to find.
Play For Fun.....Play To Win.....But Most Of All Play With Honor

I've said this before but I don't mind repeating myself. On core planets I use 6 stormtrooper or clonestormtrooper units plus 12 fighters (TIE Interceptors as soon as available) and add 2 gencores if energy slots are available. In the rim it depends on what is on a given planet.-Grand Moff Conway

I use six sullstans and two gencors on almost all planets. This stops invasion. On production planets I will use nine sullstans and three gencors. On real important planets I will use three gencors, 1-2 turbolaser batteries and 12 Mon cals and six sullstans and 6-12 X wing fighters with general and commander. With the empire it is the same except I use storm troopers until dark troopers are available and tie defenders (don’t bother until they are available).

Now keep in mind this is only against the computer. I don’t know what I would do against a human player? To many unknowns but would be close to the same.

Went with the first choice, but lemme 'splain: on production worlds (consisting of only mines & refineries) I only have a garrison of 2-3 regiments. These troops are usually low cost, low defense/bombardment, high detection rating (i.e., Sullustans). This way, I have a better chance of foiling enemy missions on those planets, yet I don't station my best troops on a system with no protection. I actually welcome the enemy to invade these systems. It's vitally important to have diplomats increase support in the system to maximum, because then when the enemy does invade (and he will), he's forced to garrison the planet with six troop regiments. My sector fleet will then blockade the planet, and my spec forces (led by a good esp/sab char or two) will pick off each regiment one by one. After the first 2-3 regiments are destroyed, the system is in uprising. Leave the system, and come back a few days later. The computer tries to solve the uprising by rushing troops there, and by moving back into a blockade, you tied up those troops in transit since they cannot get through the blockade. Eliminate the remaining garrisons, the planet reverts to your control, your support goes up across the sector, potentially winning new systems for you or taking them from your opponent. And all you are out is three regiments of Sullustans. Nice trade off, IMO.

If the system has a Construction Yard or Training Facility I put one Gencore and one LNR planetside, and increase the garrison to 6, usually a mix of troops with a high detection rating and/or high defense. If the system has several Construction Yards, and it's the only one in the sector, I'll also try and add a General and several fighter squadrons. The fighter squadrons allow me to see what kind of fleet blockades my planet so I can plan an appropriate response.

Shipyards get the same treatment as above, unless it has 4+ on the system. Then I have two Gencores (later upgraded to Gencore II's), one LNR (LNR II), a mixed garrison of 9 Troops, a General, 6-9 fighter squadrons and a capital ship or two with a Commander for better fighter support. I'll usually only have one such uber-shipyard in a sector, so the sector fleet will usually call that system home, so it'll have the Admiral & Commander on board.

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

I use six sullstans and two gencors on almost all planets. This stops invasion. On production planets I will use nine sullstans and three gencors. On real important planets I will use three gencors, 1-2 turbolaser batteries and 12 Mon cals and six sullstans and 6-12 X wing fighters with general and commander. With the empire it is the same except I use storm troopers until dark troopers are available and tie defenders (don’t bother until they are available).

Now keep in mind this is only against the computer. I don’t know what I would do against a human player? To many unknowns but would be close to the same.

Thats the right way against the Computer.

Against a human player I think the best way is:

1. just defences at very important planets

2. at every planet a couple of espionage droids (or the Rebel Counterpart)

to make espionage on own planets.

3. a strong Task Force of Capitals standing by

So if u see a hostile fleet approaching send ure fleet to that system and hope u are stronger :)

If u are not stronger send your Fleet to attack an enemy sector because he can not defend and attack with 2 fleets larger than yours. :wink:

Thats my way and I would be pleased if someone can disprove this tactic

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

It's a good question indeed , but unfortunately my option iusn.t in the poll

I will choose shields lnr's and troops because, if the shields fail, the can take your planet without a fight. but with all of the options available at your planet you can damage ships and the can't hurt you because of the shield. If they take out the shield you'll have some backup troops to give the invading troops an asskicking. :twisted: It works for me.

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed