Inciting Uprisings

s985

Question

Here's another issue I'm dealing with - is there a trick to successfully turning the allegiance of a planet from the Empire to the Alliance (or vice versa)? I have a few planets where I moved a ship in and destroyed all of the military units. There are no imperial forces, personnel or fleet there(including mine, I hear that pisses off the people there). Plus there are no imperial forces/personnel on other planets in that system. There is a tiny bit of red in the red/green bar. I keep sending guerilla forces and after several hundred years they have done no good. Any tricks/suggestions? I've included some of my personnel in the guerrilla teams, but this doesn't seem to do much good either. If I do include characters, what is more important, leadership abilities, or espionage? Is it better to have one large team or several small? I originally thought more was better, but then I read where smaller teams are more easily undetected. I've also been setting several as decoys, but is this important?

Any hints are appreciated!

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Inciting a revolt can take a lot of time. but ...

You ARE aware that you can assault the planet with your own troops from orbit aren´t you ?

I took the liberty to answer your post about colonizing planets and it left me wondering. If you knew: No offense.

If not: Here´s the answer to 90% of your questions: RTFM ! :lol:

Here goes nothing! - Lando

• SWR Staff - Executive

Turning a system that's loyal to its side probably 70%+ is pretty hard. You will need several characters with good leadership and tons of Guerillas/Commandos.

The easiest trick (in the early game) is to find systems that are loyal to you but controlled by your enemy. Gather your forces and blockade the planet, sent your best saboteurs and decoys and destroy their troops. Likely, you'll get the planet with all its facilities as well as the rest of the sector that isn't wholely on your opponents side. This opens up your enemies planets to another sabotage attack. By the time this is all over, you should retain whole control of the sector with easily 90%+ loyalty across the systems.

In the late game, it is harder to turn enemy systems.. nearly impossible enemy strongholds. But if you have the extra guys with leadership and tons of Guerillas/Commandos, go for it. It'll be good to slip in and steal the system's resources, gaining further maintainence to fill your forces.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

This is the only mission I am aware of that can actually increase character's Leadership attribute...which is great in the long run when you assign them commands (Admiral, Commander, General) , but only if the target system has one or more garrisons, it seems.

The mission is a very long term thing if nothing else is going on in the target system's sector. You will notice results if the enemy suffers sector-wide loss of support as the result of destroyed ships, loosing planets to invasions, etc.

It also works best with actual characters if you want more dramatic results.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

@s985. If I get the thrust of your question, your asking should you send characters/spec-ops separately or as a group. If as a group, should they all participate or should some decoy.

I was just looking this up myself, so I'll post what I found out (or think I found out :) - please correct me if I'm wrong ). Check out Rogue's guide at gamefaqs.

1. Leadership, naturally. However Espionage is useful for remaining undetected. I believe that Combat is useful for aiding your escape if detected.

2. The loyalty of the other side is important. So you will have more successes the more they like you. Note that this is different to saying that you're nearer to 50% when you're at 60% than 70%. What I'm saying here is that the time it takes to move between 70% and 60% should be, on average, longer than 60% to 50%, despite the interval being the same.

3. Your decoys need to be able to perform the mission, so you can't use Death Commandos to decoy an Incite. However, with characters, it doesn't matter if the decoys have high Leadership or not. What matters is the Espionage rating for decoys. I'm not sure if a good Combat rating will help them escape if the mission is foiled though, but they are in no danger even if detected as long as the main mission characters are not (whether they actually succeed or not in their efforts is not important to this). As a general rule for all missions, Rogue recommends 1-3 decoys if there are some enemy detectors present.

4. How many to take on the main mission? I'll just quote him:

Generally a team of 5 works well on a lightly defended planet, but if there are many detectors I'd recommend using 4 or 3. Having 6-7 Special Forces on the real mission gets the job done much quicker, but they're very likely to get caught if there are any detectors around. Having 1-2 people on the real mission may be somewhat effective on a planet whose loyalty is already divided, but if it's very loyal to the enemy, chances are they won't accomplish squat.

5. Note that you're not informed of success at this mission like you are with Diplomacy. So you just have to check to see if it looks like it's working.

Here's the truth about inciting uprisings: don't do it on planets that are loyal to the enemy and expect results.

The best way to take those planets is to assault them and then to either let them revolt and subdue the revolts(if your the Empire) or send in an army of diplomats (if you're the rebels).

Generally speaking, the rebels suck at inciting and subduing revolts. Not sure if it's hardcoded or simply the Emperor's leadership boost that does it.

Good post.

This is one of the toughest missions in my opinion, and just don't even try them anymore. This is the mission where you have the greatest likelyhood of loosing your chars. I get a lot of people getting killed trying to incite uprisings and it's just not worth it. Bomb the crap out of the troops on the planet and invade. Start with the planets that are the most loyal to you, work fast with two or more fleets operating in the sector, and you just might get a massive swing to your side. Sometimes you don't even have to worry about doing diplomacy.