Colonizing Planets

s985

Question

I'm a little frustrated that I can't move in to the planets I want to in the originally unexplored systems. I have built the recon ships, which have been sent on missions to all planets in a system. Only a few return with the red/green bar at the bottom, signalling they are ready for diplomacy missions. There are many which only have the two lines of blue and red squares. I keep sending bothan spies on espionage missions there, and I send the recon ships back there as well, but nothing seems to work to force these planets to become eligible for diplomacy and colonization. There are many planets that remain uncolonizable after 1000 days. Is this typical? What sucks is that these planets seem to be the more resource rich ones in the system; the ones they let me colonize typically have crappy levels of resources. Will these *eventually* allow me to colonize them? What drives this, and is there anything I can do to hurry this along?

Thanks for any suggestions!

4 answers to this question

I'm a little frustrated that I can't move in to the planets I want to in the originally unexplored systems. I have built the recon ships, which have been sent on missions to all planets in a system. Only a few return with the red/green bar at the bottom, signalling they are ready for diplomacy missions. There are many which only have the two lines of blue and red squares. I keep sending bothan spies on espionage missions there, and I send the recon ships back there as well, but nothing seems to work to force these planets to become eligible for diplomacy and colonization. There are many planets that remain uncolonizable after 1000 days. Is this typical? What sucks is that these planets seem to be the more resource rich ones in the system; the ones they let me colonize typically have crappy levels of resources. Will these *eventually* allow me to colonize them? What drives this, and is there anything I can do to hurry this along?

Thanks for any suggestions!

No bar, no population, ergo no one to use diplomacy on. You have to take the planet over with a unit of your own from a fleet in orbit. The planet then is immediately 100% loyal to your side.

I´m sure it IS in the manual.

Here goes nothing! - Lando

BoShek is right.

Just put some regiments on a transport or other thing and let it go to the desired planet. just click on the ship once it has arrives and hold your mouse on the regiment and drag it to the planet. And then TADAAA you wil have colonised a planet

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

i had this problem the first time i play, because i was too into getting started instead of reading the users guide. alot of rim systems are uninhabited. those with a loyalty bar can be diplomatized, those with out can simply be colonized. you must put a troop carrying ship in orbit and MOVE a troop to the planet from there, not assault it. but that's not the end. once you do that, you send a facility to it from a construction yard. when that is deployed, you have 100% loyalty and you can freely move troops or whatever on and off. if you take your initial troops off without deploying a facility and getting that loyalty, it will go back to neutral, as well as effect the surrounding systems' loyalties to your side.