Add new planet model.

chakotay02

I've made a new planet model (with shadow- and collisionmesh) and wanted to add it into EaW, but it doesn't show up. has anyone got an idea on how to add a brand new planet? I've got a model in 3ds max, and a texture and texture_gloss. I'll send a preview soon.

I should probably mention that I used planet.fx instead of meshbumpcolorize.fx

Edited by chakotay02

Couldn't you just reskin another one? Their all spheres...

Is this a special planet? :D

"I feel fantastic and I'm

Still Alive

and when you're dying I will be

Still Alive

and when you're dead I will be

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Anybody who thinks Palpatine is a sepratist knows NOTHING about star Wars

When in doubt- rocket it.

Dowload The Underworld's Might beta from Filefront!

I'll post a screenshot tonight. Then you'll see that I can't just reskin another one.

This is the interior from what I want to create: http://www.ex.org/5.3/images/feature_story_2_colony.jpg

And here in the back is a picture of it: http://www.gundamwingtales.com/novel1/pictures/picintro_2.jpg

But anyways, doesn't anyone have an idea? I really want this as a planet.

One more thing; how do I copy a planet and then give it another skin, but do I make sure the older model and skin still can be used?

I never rigged a planet so can't help you. Only a few suggestions:

- I don't think planets need collisiion mesh or shadow

- planet.fx seems to be a correct shader for planets

- does your planet show up in alo viewer?

- you should add idle animation (if you can't, try to remove "IDLE" from planets behavior)

- you should mess with scale factor

Alright, I checked and I don't get my model in the alo viewer. So that's probably the entire problem. I used planet.fx but now I'm starting to think that maybe I need to use meshbumpcolorize.fx.

If anyone has got any ideas so far, I'm all ears. Btw here's a screenshot, with a reminder that the texture is a WIP.

I plan on having Leo Space Suits buildable on these colonies only and Leo Suits for on the ground as well. And the transport for the ground units.

Yay, I've solved the problem. The problem was that my model was way too large and the normal size scale of a planet is 500 making it even larger. :P I'm scaling it down now and continueing on my work. Thanks for the help though. Planet.fx is indeed the right script btw.