Engine scale and Lucky Shot

chakotay02

Hi everyone,

I'm incredibly busy with a small mod that will be coming out in no time, however there are just two small things I can't seem to get to work.

1: I have different sized engines, and since I need a blue one I can only use the Star Destroyer's glow since that's the one that all the other models use as well. How do I scale it though? I was told HEX editing but I don't have any idea on how that works. Is there another way or can someone explain how to HEX edit?

2: Some of the ships I'm making will have Luke's Lucky Shot. I can't seem to get it to work though. Here's what I added to hardpoints.xml:

HARD_POINT_WEAPON_SPECIAL

Yes

Yes

TEXT_WEAPON_MAC

Large_Explosion_Space

Unit_Hardpoint_Special_Death

Damage_Star_Destroyer

HP_MAC_01

MAC_COLL

HP_SW_00_BLAST

HP_SW_00_EMITDAMAGE

Unit_Lost_MAC_Pillar_of_Autumn

HP_MAC_01

HP_MAC_01

Proj_Ship_Lucky_Shot_Medium_Laser_Cannon_Red

Unit_Torpedo_Fire

Fighter, Bomber, Transport

Fighter, 70.0

Bomber, 70.0

Transport, 70.0

Corvette, 1.0

Frigate, 1.0

Capital, 1.0

Super, 1.0

False

False

I added the hardpoint to the uniqueunits.xml and under SpaceBehavior, ABILITY_COUNTDOWN, POWERED and WEAPON. And I added this at the bottom:

LUCKY_SHOT

Still, it doesn't work. Well it shows up in the game, but I can't seem to actualy let it fire. I do get the targetting cursor but I can't actualy press shoot. Can someone help me with this please?

Well, I never check filefront anymore so first of all sorry lol.

I don't think you'll be able to use the Ability for lucky shot, that's what I meant back on FileFront (I gavce up checking that place).

I would probably use something else, such as hm...Blast, or Rocket attack. Lucky Shot is pretty much hardcoded, unfortunately. It only works in a squadron :( And lucky shot only ovverides the projectile if its firing from MuzzleA_00 - MuzzleA_99, not from destructable hardpoints.

For Blast, just make the normal non-blast projectile be an invisible dummy projectile (no damage, use the invisible laser projectile), and have the blast ability override shot be the lucky shot projectile. That has its limitations, since blast can only override one shot (the first one), not all 3.

For rocket attack (you can change the icons and stuff), you would make the hardpoint only fire in rcoket attack mode, and have it fire normally, but give it a significant recharge time. Just setting its oppertunity fire to false will already make it so it only fires when you order the ship to fire. This too has limitations, since you can't see when it recharges.

Some other ways might be like power to weapons mode and deploy, two other abilities that can be limited through hardpoint coding, but both are not as good as rocket attack(swap weapons) or blast.

When I did mine for the Vaygr Battlecruiser, I just gave up and let it fire its Trinity Cannon on its own, since it was for EaW. I didn't have to option of using blast at all.

---

And I don't know models so that'll have to wait.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"