Stealth Minus Stealth Mesh

Droid803

Ok, so...I've reskinned a certain unit in FoC  and gave it stealth, even though it doesn't have a stealth mesh. The stealth works - it fades and it dissapears of visual range, (I copied the twi'lek commando code) but the hardpoint attachment models (breakoffs) dissapear, making the ship look like its crippled (although the hardpoints are still there, and there's no smoke, no blast reigon, the model's just GONE). Its not that the hardpoint's don't handel the transparency in the stealth, since I've paused the game and unchecked the stealth, and 'voila', the hardpoint attachements reappear, and faded. I'm curious to know how to make those hardpoint attachements not vanish into thin air whne the stealth ability is activated.

Do the hardpoint attachemnts ALWAYS dissapear? You don't see it on the Vengeance Frigate and the Merciless since the whole ship vanishes and all you see is the stealth mesh.

If it doesn't work then I just wasted the entire morning...

btw, its the executor if you're wondering so...many many missing parts :S

Edited by Droid803

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

Try the Vengance code. I don't think it needs a mesh, the twi'lek code seems like it'd be similar to Tyber(Tyber voice).

Of course I've never checked Tyber.

"I feel fantastic and I'm

Still Alive

and when you're dying I will be

Still Alive

and when you're dead I will be

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Anybody who thinks Palpatine is a sepratist knows NOTHING about star Wars

When in doubt- rocket it.

Dowload The Underworld's Might beta from Filefront!

From what I've delved into, the ability works like this:

1: Hides your hardpoint attachments (:S)

2: Applies "Stealth Color" (R:B:G:Transparency, all values between 0 and 255 with 255 being 100%)

4: Shows Stealth Mesh.

Only thing different between Twilek and Vengeance code (or any other stealth code) is the "Stealth Color". Units with stealth mesh have 255 255 255 255, meaning 100% transparent (invisible) since they have their stealth mesh to compensate. Now, my SSD doesn't have a stealth mesh so I went 0, 0, 0, 180, and my hardpoint attachments dissapeared. Maybe I'll just go 255, 255, 255 ,255 and have the thing REALLY dissapear on me XD.

Yes it doesn't need a mesh,

With a mesh I can totally fade the unit, but without it :S I'm stuck, unless I'm gonna hex the SHIELD mesh into STEALTH...which may work...if the executor had one :S

"That was fun"

Maybe you should make everything dissappear but Luke, for realisim...Or vice versa...

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Yea right now, the Terror just totally vanishes when stealth is activated. Not a bad effect, having an invisible ship that's invisible to the enemy anyway...I should make the Night Hammer just not show up on minimap... The big giant triangle really gives things away... Edited by Droid803

"That was fun"

I should make it not show up on minimap either. The big giant triangle really gives things away...

LOL

hmmm...Maybe you should give it a sensor jamming ability... Plus, it's unattackable will it's cloaked, right?

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Yea its unattackable when cloaked...not exactly what I wanted but eh, stealth spotting units can find it, and it can't attack while cloaked either...sensor jamming as a thrid ability might not be that bad of an idea, if I can actualyl get 3 abilities working :S

Well, decided to split it p between two ships lol. Night Hammer = sensor jamming, Terror = cloaking

Edited by Droid803

"That was fun"

What would the point of it only having sensor jamming be? It covers half the map!

I was thinking it would have ability one be cloaking, and ability two sensor jamming.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Don't worry I made the sensor jamming radius half the map.

Besides...it needs to use that tractor beam hardpoint for something...auto-cloaking maybe? dunno...

"That was fun"