I gotta be missing summat somewhere

Hi all,

I just bought EaW, and am totally hooked.......I'm playing as the Empire in single player...new campaign. I have control of all but 8 planets.

Two questions now

1 -  I don't have any option to build a research facility anywhere on any planet under my rule...so how can I upgrade my tech please? as i am limited in what spaceships I can build.... I have some space stations at level 4, most are at level 3 but one wont go past level 1.

THIS IS THE ONE THATS DRIVING ME NUTS THO....

2 - I have been on this mission for a couple of days now...( and been thro several forums in the quest for help)

I'm on the mission where I have to "Build a fleet, locate and defeat Moff Kalast"

I have done so, played and won the space and land battles.......(not using auto resolve either)

but although the "system" is now under my rule....I haven't completed the mission.

Where did Kalast go?

I read on this forum he ends up at Wayland.....but I cant find him....and going back to the first question ...I don't have the Interdicter Cruiser cos my technology isn't high enough

Can anyone please help me on this...... ???

Thanks in advance......Master-Illusionist

illusion is another form of reality

Well the reason you can't capture the Moff is because you don't have the Interdictor. You have to have that in order to defeat him. You should be able to build Interdictors at any Level 4 space station. You have a few of those, so you should make one or two to accompany your fleet to defeat the Moff. As for the fact that you can't build a research facility, is it because you don't have room or it just won't let you make one. Also check all your planets for one. Coruscant should have one, I'm pretty sure. I've only done the Imperial campaign once though. I'm pretty sure that if you don't have an Interdictor, Moff Kalast hypers out and goes to a different planet. You have to use the Interdictor's ability to not allow anyone to go into hyperspace and then defeat Kalast and the enemy fleet. Then you beat the mission and you can move on.

Hope this helps,

-Dorkthehunter

Edit: This is a link on how to Research with the Empire. http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=3055.0

Edited by Dorkthehunter

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

Hi and thanks Dorkthehunter,

As per your advice I went back through all the planets that I control to find a research station. I came up with nothing....I don't have the option for building one.

The link you provided was of use, so I'm guessing (by the info contained therein) that I don't get to build a research station. I just have to advance technologically by completing missions.

As for building the Interdicters...they are still not available at any of my planets. Although some planets have a space station of level 3 and some of level 4, my overall Tech level is at level 3. So I'm assuming that my overall Tech level must be level 4 in order to build them.

However, I still do not see any way of advancing my Technology, and am still stuck on the Kalast mission.

I have even gone as far as deleting all my saved games and starting from scratch....and I still have the same problems...No research station.... Overall Tech level stuck at 3.......and no facilities to build Interdicters.

LOL, so I'm back at square one... (I like puzzles but this is a bit too much for my "little grey cells")

So if anyone has had the same (or similar) obstacles, please get in touch with any advice. Or be kind enough to point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks.......Master-Illusionist

Finally managed it.....heres how

Before taking the mission, i built a huge fleet, keeping Kalast penned in on ATZERRI with smaller fleets on the surrounding planets ( Endor, Bespin and Bestine).

Once I had my large fleet, I moved my smaller fleet from Bespin and combined it with my larger fleet. This gives the Rebels an option to take over Bespin (which they did, so splitting there forces).

make sure the auto resolve is OFF.

Then moved my large fleet onto Atzerri to start the mission....Kalast hyperspaces off...and then I was left to defeat the fleet he left behind. Mostly shed loads of Corellian Corvettes and a few Marauder Missile Cruisers.

After I had defeated that fleet, a message was sent saying something along the lines that Kalast had a new improved ship and had hyperspaced out.

I then got a message saying that now was a good time to try out the Empires new ship (the Interdicter) and that one was waiting for me at Coruscant.  And there was one there.

I incorporated the Interdicter into my fleet, and waited for Kalast to pop up again, about 2 minutes later, on a different planet.

All that was left to do was to move my fleet to the same planet, initiating a space battle. During this battle I totally ignored all the enemy ships and concentrated on Kalast's ship.

The ships I used were

the Interdicter (start the gravity well as soon as possible)

4 x Victory class Destroyers

2 x Acclamator

2 x Tartan's

and Vader

Kalast used a tractor beam, so I had all ships concentrate their fire power on that hard point to take it out.

A few minutes later I had won.

A few notes here, that I have found out. (these are my own observations and could be wrong so please don't take this as the definitive "How To") I have repeated this mission using different tactics on several occasions.

I couldn't build an Interdicter, as I need an overall technology rating of 4, not just space station level 4

You have to have auto resolve OFF in order to achieve this mission.

Kalast will hyperspace away the first time you attack him (as you don't have the Interdicter yet) and you will have shed loads of Corellian Corvettes to deal with and a few Marauder Missile Cruisers to deal with. (tip have a huge fleet and loads of Acclamators and Victory Class ships to deal with them) You have to destroy every last one in order to be victorious.

In order to reduce the size of the rebel fleet, I found it best to pull ALL my forces out from the neighbouring planets around Atzerri. The rebels WILL take over them, at the same time splitting their fleet. Giving you less to defeat on Atzerri.

Auto Resolve MUST BE OFF for the first time you attack Kalast, and the subsequent time (s) you attack him (once you have been given your Interdicter)

If he does hyperspace away, you will get a message informing you as to what planet he is on after a couple of minutes.

After I defeated him, I went back and reclaimed the planets back from the Rebels, and rebuilt my fleet.

In hindsight simple really.................LOL

Well I hope this helps if anyone else ends up in the same situation as I found myself in.

Regards....Master-Illusionist

• 3 weeks later...
sounds annoying, but I congradulate you in completeing the mission. I would have given up or just cheated somehow.  :P bleah, like I did the first time I played the HomeWorld Campagin. I got stuck on the annoying mission where the radiation from that star destroys your ships so you have to go through an asteriod belt strewn with mines and enemy ships and you couldn't get any resources  :P

• 1 month later...

Finally managed it.....heres how

Before taking the mission, i built a huge fleet, keeping Kalast penned in on ATZERRI with smaller fleets on the surrounding planets ( Endor, Bespin and Bestine).

Once I had my large fleet, I moved my smaller fleet from Bespin and combined it with my larger fleet. This gives the Rebels an option to take over Bespin (which they did, so splitting there forces).

make sure the auto resolve is OFF.

Then moved my large fleet onto Atzerri to start the mission....Kalast hyperspaces off...and then I was left to defeat the fleet he left behind. Mostly shed loads of Corellian Corvettes and a few Marauder Missile Cruisers.

After I had defeated that fleet, a message was sent saying something along the lines that Kalast had a new improved ship and had hyperspaced out.

I then got a message saying that now was a good time to try out the Empires new ship (the Interdicter) and that one was waiting for me at Coruscant.  And there was one there.

I incorporated the Interdicter into my fleet, and waited for Kalast to pop up again, about 2 minutes later, on a different planet.

All that was left to do was to move my fleet to the same planet, initiating a space battle. During this battle I totally ignored all the enemy ships and concentrated on Kalast's ship.

The ships I used were

the Interdicter (start the gravity well as soon as possible)

4 x Victory class Destroyers

2 x Acclamator

2 x Tartan's

and Vader

Kalast used a tractor beam, so I had all ships concentrate their fire power on that hard point to take it out.

A few minutes later I had won.

A few notes here, that I have found out. (these are my own observations and could be wrong so please don't take this as the definitive "How To") I have repeated this mission using different tactics on several occasions.

I couldn't build an Interdicter, as I need an overall technology rating of 4, not just space station level 4

You have to have auto resolve OFF in order to achieve this mission.

Kalast will hyperspace away the first time you attack him (as you don't have the Interdicter yet) and you will have shed loads of Corellian Corvettes to deal with and a few Marauder Missile Cruisers to deal with. (tip have a huge fleet and loads of Acclamators and Victory Class ships to deal with them) You have to destroy every last one in order to be victorious.

In order to reduce the size of the rebel fleet, I found it best to pull ALL my forces out from the neighbouring planets around Atzerri. The rebels WILL take over them, at the same time splitting their fleet. Giving you less to defeat on Atzerri.

Auto Resolve MUST BE OFF for the first time you attack Kalast, and the subsequent time (s) you attack him (once you have been given your Interdicter)

If he does hyperspace away, you will get a message informing you as to what planet he is on after a couple of minutes.

After I defeated him, I went back and reclaimed the planets back from the Rebels, and rebuilt my fleet.

In hindsight simple really.................LOL

Well I hope this helps if anyone else ends up in the same situation as I found myself in.

Regards....Master-Illusionist

Well , in my game you cannot use auto-resolve in an important mission. And you automatically get a intredictor cruiser from Tarkin.

Edited by admiral boty