2007: The Fate of PFF

Dorkthehunter

Is PFF Worth Saving?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is PFF Worth Saving?

• Yes(Then by George, help save it)
    • No(you should probably leave)

Waht can I say...I've been here for about 2 years now, might as well help save PFF. Although I've moved past modding E@W & FoC, I'll try to help save this ship so that it can at least live a few more years. We need to renovate this site, make it a multiple game site, not just dedicated to E@W & FoC, but games like MTW2 & CoH.

That's my $0.02.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to bring Gen.Vader back here with a "recommand your favourite top 3 anime series" but he "forgot" to come here <.< How the hell can you forget?! I reminded him again and he forgot again.

Here is a poll that covers some popular games...vote! :)

Whoever made that poll was a feakin' genius... :P

@SWM: Well...MTW2 might make it in, but CoH is being killed, so post in the thread that Tofu posted a link to, to argue your case for CoH or forever hold your piece.(well...not forever, I guess the poll results aren't set in stone)

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

PFF is a rotting corpse.... Those of us who still visit it are like vultures coming back every now and then to see if there is some uneaten morsel of fetid meat deep within the ribcage. The other visitors are the people who only post in the modding section, like flies buzzing about and laying eggs.

Well that was poetic wasn't it?  ;D

Back on topic, PFF is too cool to die, or I mean, PFF is too cool for it's corpse to be buried. The problem is the EAW community part. EAW is fading from public veiw now, even the expansion FOC is fading from public veiw. We are too focused on EAW. and need to become broader. We still haven't. I mean sure  ::) we changed the name of the site, but that's about it. And we still have that stupid GIF up in the corner that drives me insane. The new GIF should show screenshots, artwork, etc from several differnt games that we cover. And maybe a new color scheme. too

I'll wait for P02 images too :)

Then we'll have lots of games on there, or just P02?

Also, we still support EAW primarily, so the image makes sense right now. Once we transition, then we should get a new one(which is soon).

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

Dork, we support Petroglyph Mostly, not a specific Game.

I see your point, but I was just throwing out there that since EAW is the main game we have now, it makes sense for that to be the image.

I know that we support Petroglyph, like our name says, Petroglyph Fan Forums, but the problem is that there just isn't enough interest now in what Petroglyph has to offer. Hopefully that will all change with the new P02 exclusives. I think that's our main problem right now, lack of interest. Even a long time before EAW was supposed to come out, like P02 now, the forums were still doing well. But it just isn't the same now. I wish we could bring back that old fire. 

Even a long time before EAW was supposed to come out, like P02 now, the forums were still doing well. But it just isn't the same now. I wish we could bring back that old fire. 

The only difference was that we actually knew something about EaW unlike P02 (which doesn't even have a name).  Trust me once info gets released about P02 activity on the forums will skyrocket.

The only difference was that we actually knew something about EaW unlike P02 (which doesn't even have a name).  Trust me once info gets released about P02 activity on the forums will skyrocket.

I voted for 'Not Worth Saving', though come to think of it I strongly agree with Garbageben.  What brought myself (and I'm sure many people) to this forum was two early kickass EAW videos.  On the contrary, there has been no hype at all for P-02.

I will say the various admins should pitch in and purchase a domain name, and maybe look into developing a new theme, before the release of P-02 news.

Zing!

The 3 people who said no...

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE SAYING THAT SOON :P

what with P02 stuff? Then there would be a small jolt upwards in activity and then die down after a while as like what happend to EAW. It would be like running electricity through a corpse. It might jerk a little bit but it's still dead. whatever is realeased on here will obviously be released on the other petro forum.

But for record I still want to save PFF. I hate PF, just a bunch of egotistical jerks who think they are always right. And all the good topics get locked.

I dont think we can return PFF to its former glory... we may get close.. but never close enough...

all we can do it hope....

and pray maybe...

It had former glory?

http://www.swgbex.com/sig.jpg

Hehe IA 2 venator :P

• 3 weeks later...

The 3 people who said no...

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE SAYING THAT SOON :P

hmmm..... I find that funny now, even with P02 revealed PFF is even more dead than usual  ::)

well, it's dead now

Lazy posters not doing anything to restore PFF -.- They all follow the devs like zombies. Well if the developers came here imagine the activity, sad really.

i agree there ghostly i think that we should start to advertise that we talk about other games and maximise the fact that we have contacts in several developer companys such as cain.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!

Well, there's nothing we can do really to make people come here, but its nice and small, no noobs, no spammers, no retards, hostility like on FileFront.

That's a plus, but if you really think its dying...then something should be done. Following devs? Yea, well, its the retards of the community, hm?

Same thing happened around he mod crisis where everyone abandoned the good mods for shit like AGD...but this is different, kinda, there's a reason to follow the devs. They have exclusive content and 100% acess since, well, they made the firggin game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"