Re: PFF 2006: A Year In Review

Dorkthehunter

Was 2006 a good or bad year for the forums?(please post why)  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Was 2006 a good or bad year for the forums?(please post why)

• Good year
    • Bad year

Looking back on 2006, well...FoC came out, some old members came back, then they along with others left due to the forums reseting which deleted all of the posts from September(or whenever the heck this thing happened)back to April, Petroglyph started their own "official forums" and all the devs abandoned us, and since then interest has been steadily dying.

Yeah....I would definately say that this has not been a good year for PFF. Bad Year.

Note: After this one has been posted in by some people, I will start a new thread talking about what we can(or need) to do to make 2007 a great year for the forums.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

I agree...

• PFF started out well in January, with Devs posting goodies and secrets that weren't known to anyone but us @ PFF.
  • February saw E@W, with a craze of new members here at PFF.
  • March was creative wording month. "ZOMG TEH AI IS TEH CHEATZOR!!!" & "OMG I GOT WTFPWNED!!!!".
  • April was Patch month, and "HA! AI GOT PWN3D! ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!".
  • May & June were mod months.
  • July was the month of patches, fixes, and corrections.
  • August saw major leaps and bounds in modding, with Mike.nl releasing multiple programs that were practical Godsends.
  • And then came September. Anyone who entered PFF was greeted by a "We're sorry, but PFF is under renovation. Check back in the following weeks." And many weeks went by. Finally, on the 4th week of September, PFF reopened. But, data failure had caused many members to lost their membership and many good posts, threads, Dev exclusives, and everything...gone, poof! All Hell would ensue.
  • October was FoC month. However, unlike February, barely any new members joined due to the new Petroglyph Forums, with direct links to Petro developers.
  • November was FoC modding and patch month.
  • December was patch, fix, balance, and other assorted things relating to FoC. Still, very few members have joined and it's not looking good.

All-in-all, I think 2006 was a bad year, but only after September. Will September be "Old PFF Remembrance Day"? Who knows. It just may be.

Whoever voted yes, don't be shy. Tell us why you think 2006 was a good year for the forums. I am interested to see your reasoning.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

But guys, I joined up this year! That has to count for something right?!  *shot for having an ego*

Overall, it would probably have to be a neutral year altogether, but the outcome is bad.  We started out amazing for a little over half a year....then we died.  It happened sudden and swift, we just died.  I personally think petroglyph forums shouldn't have been made, but that's just me cause no one likes me over there.

I say, if we don't do something soon, we could end up loosing everyone and only getting one post every day.    you know, do something fun.  For starters, ressurect the PFF clan!  We all play games, and most of us play online, so tell people about it.  I know Substance and a few others play guild wars, and I play Ryzom, so come on people, do something!  If not, THIS FORUM WILL DIE.

Cheers ^_^

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar1.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i276/At-At_controller/leetspeak4cz1jr.gif

I've been here for 95% of the time while Fosh was here 98% of the time. I seen the community grow and gain intelligence in 2005 (and so have I). 2005 was a great time where everybody was on the same level.

2006 was a bad yet decent year:

1) Intelligence lowered.

2) EAW/FoC fans jumping on the negative bandwagon.

3) Nobody tries to post or reply in interesting topics and just leave without thinking twice.

4) Everybody moved to Petroglyph Forums and even left it lowering its intelligence level.

5) Some of those who were friendly turned negative -.- (staying nameless)

6) PFF just declining because of #3

Ah well its not like EAW community died 100% which is good since this is the first community that actually welcomed me and somewhat still does.

There are 4 yes votes, and yet none of them have posted. Why?

Anywho...Ghostly brings up some good points.

1. Yeah...I've been noticing that too, and I'm Dorkthehunter.  ;D

2. Negative bandwagon...that's why PFF needs to expand and cover in detail more games than EAW.

3. I've started some decent topics(this one, PFF Revolution, others about the future of the forums)and it seems like few people care. Also, the FoC and EAW discussions are rarely posted in because people really don't care much I guess.

4. The Petro Forums were not good to us. All the devs just abandoned us, which was not very nice of them. We supported them(for the most part)and made them feel as welcome as possible and then they just leave us. That definately did not help my opinion of Petroglyph(note: I still like them, but am not very happy with them right now)

5. Hmmm.....we should probably do something about that.

6. True statement.

I know there are other forums that cover other games that are like us right now. Their game is out, interest is declining and they only really cover one game. If we could somehow join with these forums, than we would have a forum with multiple games that have come out already, and then could expand to cover future games in the same category.