Re: Space Domination

dthif1980

Hi all,

got a quick question. What can you do when the enemy has a fleet in orbit on every planet you own ? (I still control the ground)

In Rebellion, you could sabotage starships, but I don't know how I can still play when this happens.

This can be a very effective strategy if not "counterable".

Thanks.

Well...a big question is which side are you, Rebels or Imperials?

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

well in my case, the Empire controls many planets. I only have 4 and the Empire likes to put starships over half of my planets. I just tought    of this strategy and wanted to know how can somebody get out of this situation.

Im not really that good with raid party. Any of you hae some tips for me ?

Im new to Empire at War, but a long time fan of Rebellion.

Thx

well in my case, the Empire controls many planets. I only have 4 and the Empire likes to put starships over half of my planets. I just tought    of this strategy and wanted to know how can somebody get out of this situation.

Im not really that good with raid party. Any of you hae some tips for me ?

Im new to Empire at War, but a long time fan of Rebellion.

Thx

Are you playing with heroes? Then you might be able to pull something off. If you can get Admiral Ackbar, Rogue Squadron(not necessarily needed), Millenium Falcon, and Antilles together, then you can fight one of the Imperial fleets and could win(hopefully you can fight their weakest one)or a pirate fleet if any exist.

While you are waiting for the heroes, you have two primary options on what to do with your money:

1. Spend all your money on ground defenses(shields, turbolasers, buildings to get automatic troops from during a battle, etc.) Always keep some money aside(a little bit, not much)for the emplacements that you can put defenses, bacta, or repair stations on. Those can be rather helpful in a tight spot. As always, try to use the automatic forces that your buildings give you to take the fight to the enemy and capture their reinforcement points. If you need to use the forces that you made in order to successfully capture the reinforcement points, then do that. But make sure that they don't all get killed(obvious, but crucial). If you are losing the battle for the reinforcement points, or are just taking a lot of damage, retreat your built forces to a safer point(hopefully one with defenses).

Also, if you have a shield generator, make sure that you defend the power generator at all costs(the thing on Hoth that the Imps blow up). If that goes down, your base is wide open for attack. And only a foolish enemy will attack the base with the shield up. Lay a trap for the enemy at the generator with the automatic troops, and then use your built troops to close all escape routes and lay waste to their forces.

Note: This strategy will only work as long as you still have your buildings and forces on the ground. Keep them alive!

2. First off, make sure you have an ion cannon on the ground of the planet that you choose to attack the space with your heroes. Use the ion cannon on big ships or spacestations only(they sometimes miss Tartans)for full effect. Once the ion cannon hits the target, immediately blast its shield generator so that the shields will not come back and then take care of the weapons. If you just want to do a quick hit and run attack, send a quick hero or two up into space and use them to attack all of the enemy transports. You know what is in those transports? The ground fleet that was going to attack you. You may lose a hero, but the enemy just lost a lot of reasources in those troops that you annihilated. And you have to go straight for the transports, don't let anything else distract you. If you have Admiral(or General...or Commander...whatever he is in this game)Ackbar, you may be able to take the whole space portion of the planet with a well executed attack. Once you take that space, use all of the reasources that you have been saving(it is a risky move, but it is better not to improve ground forces or buildings for this strategy to work)and build a spacestation followed by ships. Your enemy will probably attack you soon after you win the first battle, but if you send a raid to one of the nearby planets and capture it, they will be more distracted with that(hopefully)and you will get some time to build up your forces.

Note: This is a hard road, but if it works you could manage to survive. A few notes on space battles:

Star Destroyers(all types)cannot fire behind them. If you can put a hero or two behind a Star Destroyer and take out its engines, then you can shoot all of its other hardpoints from behind it, where it can't hit you. But you have to make sure that your ships don't get in range. I think that a ship can still turn if it's engines are gone, but it moves really slowly, so hit and run moves(or just blowing it up with Home One)will work.

Tartans are not good to small ships. They become space dust quickly. Have Home One destroy as many as possible, and send Rogue Squadron to destroy the space station's hanger with their Lucky Shot(if you don't already us it to destroy the shields)If you destroy the hanger and all their Tartans, they will be all gone and there will be peace. Well...almost.

I hope this works for you dthif 1980, if it doesn't or you find a new problem, don't hesitate to post it even if it sounds like an obvious question or a dumb one.

Doing my part to save the forums,

-Dorkthehunter

Edited by Dorkthehunter

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

If the empire has a fleet over every planet, I believe its close to checkmate. I don't think Ackbar will even Respawn because there's nowhere to respawn - he must respawn in space, and since that every sinlge space slot is occupied, he can't respawn, since respawning would automatically start a space tactical battle without a chane to move your unit. Same with Red Squadron and Antilles. So you're stuck with using han to fight off all the space forces (galactic stealth, plus respawns on land), or building a transport fleet to fight off the blockade (works...takes about 50 gallofrees to take out an ISD, but since transports have 0 population value, you can have as many as you want). That compromises your land defense though, should you fail in your attempt (I think the most transports you get is around 10 since you can't build anymore). All you can hope for is that one of the fleets will move off and give your space heroes that faction of a second to appear there. If they keep as much as a single Tartan in orbit, your heroes won't respawn.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

You have Han Solo Right?

Use him in a few small hit and runs against the outta colony's to get him so he does a space attack put him with a Ground Unit as a fleet (make sure this is an expendable unit as you may well lose that unit). if an enemy has only a few Tartans there Han should be able to take them out and then quickly build up the Space Station and fleet then move from there to taking the other planets.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!