Silent Hunter 4 - Wolves of the Deep

Ghostly_Substance

*Not yet released*

- Gamespot Information: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/silenthunter4/index.html

-

If anybody here played Silent Hunter 3 then this game has the same feeling with many improvements. So you play as the Americans and this is one of the submarines they used (link). You are the captain of the submarine again but this time as mentioned you are American sided not German sided (though I wish you could use captured German and Japanese Submarines). Your goal is to sink Japanese ships (link) and gain points to upgrade your submarines or crew/equipement. So when you do attack the destruction now looks like this (link). Yes you do require skill to play this game and every torpedo you fire is one less in your storage compartment which could have been used against a enemy target. Well you aren't the only person in the U-boat so say hello to your friendly crew (link) and if they get fatigued early then look for a Vitamin C Mod somewhere.

Well now i'll do this post my way with bullet points.

- American sided vs Japanese

- Improved damage visuals

- Improved weather system

- Lack of crew management and FPS submarine walking (not that its a big issue)

- Detailed ports

- Hopefully proper shipping (and since we are against the Japanese there should be lots of Shipping to go again)

- Improved Radio messages (hopefully can tune into Tokyo channels and listen to "Good Morning Tokyo")

I played Silent Hunter 3 and its a good game and for the hardcore people mods do help. Its fun to sink ships but in SH3 the shipping is boring in the beginning and to hard in the later end of the war. I would understand if you guys disliked this game but people who have the game actually like it (even Brett for those that know him). Can't wait to hunt ships with American submarines even though we have problems with them today. Its only a game so I can accept sinking Japanese like in SH3 where you sunk the Allied forces.