PFF-Gamers Revolution

Dorkthehunter

I know this isn't directly about FoC, but I wanted to post this where hopefully a lot of people would read it, and not too many people look at the Bar.

Note: Here is the link for the previous discussion. http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=3595.0

So anywho, we're trying to expand the forums to cover more than just EAW and Petroglyph games. I think most of y'all know that, and I think there has been a thread about what we should add, but I didn't want to just add on to that one. This is a pressing issue and I think that everyone should have their two cents inputted into the final decision.

1. One of the big questions is whether or not we should stay here at swrebellion or not. Spartan has given us an offer that looks quite good(posted in one of the later pages of the thread address posted above)

It's like the game show Deal or No Deal...except with Spartan's offer instead of money. So people of the forums:

Deal?

or

No Deal?

2. Another question is what forums/subforums to have. To the best of my knowledge, this is what we have come up with:

Well...I think we should have 4 Major Gaming Sections each with some subsections, like so:(Note. Numbers equal major section, -(lines) equal subsection, and *(asteriks) equal subsubsections

1. Real Time Strategy Games

-EAW

*Modding

-FoC

*Modding

-whatever else we want

-some other game

-etc...

2. First Person Shooters

-not sure what games we want here

-maybe CCS?

3. Role Playing Games

-KOTOR

-KOTOR 2

-something else

4. Action/Adventure

-any other game worth mentioning

And then we would have the Bar, News, New Members, Fan Forums, Maw, etc. As other forums, not a part of these.

A few questions:

1.Should we have a seperate Slag Heap for each major gaming section? That could help seperate the slag into categories so people could actually find useful info there without looking for years. I dunno if it would work technologically to specify which Slag Heap you are sending something to...

2. Should we have a Modding Subforum for each game, certain games, or just a general one?

3. What about the Military Academy(strategy center)or whatever we want to call it? Should there be one or multiples of that?

4. We should make a post(I might do it right now)on which games the forums want us to have. There might have been one earlier, but a final one could help. I'll look into it.

5. Previews and Screenshots, News, and Tech Issues. One for each game, each gaming category, or one general one?

The sooner we can get this figured out, the sooner the forums can be revived and PFF can once more become a center for gaming(like Venice was a center for learning back in the Roman Empire days....never mind)

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

EAW and PO2 should definetly have their own little spaces, each with modding, screenshots, strat and the like subforums. Any other game that the community really wants added should be added, but it should have a big fanbase here at PFF for that to happen. All foc stuff can also be in the EAW section.

There should be a general news section with pff news, and individual game news subforums in each game forum.

"For every TIE fighter you shoot down, a thousand more rise to take its place"

-Baron Fel

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/baronfel66.png

• 2 weeks later...
Moved to Bar because it really has nothing to do with FoC, but to my surprise, more people look at the Bar than FoC Discussion anyway.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

Why do we have four subsections for individual games but none of game genres? It doesn't make sense to me.

It bring upon us more of famine, death and war,

you know religion has a lot to answer for.

-Steve Harris, Iron Maiden

Warning! This post contains an idea from Mikan!  Those with weak constitutions might wish to leave the death pit.

First off, Make it so the games are grouped by genre, not by whatever the heck we feel like it.  *thanks relentless*

Next, instead of just deciding on all the games, vote for them.  Get a long list, and have people vote for whatever the ones they want in.  You'd have to come up with some buffers for that, but this should be a democracy, not a tyranny.

Some ideas for games would be...

Adding to Your List -SWM

RTS (besides EAW, FOC, and PO-2):

Galactic Civilizations II

Medieval Total War II

Rome Total War

Starcraft

Warcraft

Company of Heroes

World In Conflict

Supreme Commander

Spore

FPS:

Half-Life

Halo

Mass Effect

Gears of War

MMORPG:

Guild Wars

World of Warcraft

Saga of Ryzom

Action/Adventure:

(I don't know many of these games, cause I don't play them, so the list is small)

Shadows of the Colossus

Ico

That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Me as well -SWM

Edited by Star Wars Man

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar1.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i276/At-At_controller/leetspeak4cz1jr.gif

First off, Make it so the games are grouped by genre, not by whatever the heck we feel like it.  *thanks relentless*

Okay...I'm confused. Aren't the games grouped by genre in what I posted first? RTS, FPS, RPG, Action/Adventure. Those are what we grouped the games by in the first place. I'm confused on what the complaint is.

Next, instead of just deciding on all the games, vote for them.  Get a long list, and have people vote for whatever the ones they want in.  You'd have to come up with some buffers for that, but this should be a democracy, not a tyranny.

Apparently I did not make the point of this thread clear, and for that I appologize. I meant for this to be asking on your guys' opinions on the system. That isn't a tyranny. I wanted to clear up any issues with the basic structure before we go into polling about what games you want.

A few questions:

1.Should we have a seperate Slag Heap for each major gaming section? That could help seperate the slag into categories so people could actually find useful info there without looking for years. I dunno if it would work technologically to specify which Slag Heap you are sending something to...

2. Should we have a Modding Subforum for each game, certain games, or just a general one?

3. What about the Military Academy(strategy center)or whatever we want to call it? Should there be one or multiples of that?

4. We should make a post(I might do it right now)on which games the forums want us to have. There might have been one earlier, but a final one could help. I'll look into it.

5. Previews and Screenshots, News, and Tech Issues. One for each game, each gaming category, or one general one?

This is a quote from my first post. If you could post about these questions, then we could solve the basic issues that we are facing right now.

I'm sure that I speak for all the mods and administrators when I say that we want everyone's opinion to have value and for the games to be voted upon by everyone, not just in the Maw Installation. We need involvement and support from the people in order to have a good democracy(part of the "Soil of Democracy", which needs to happen in order to have a democracy) We need people to post what they want to happen to the forums in the future. If you don't want to post about it, then please PM me and I would be happy to talk about it in the Maw and in threads like these.

That's my two cents,

-Dorkthehunter

A few questions:

Do note i'm just having an opinion which might change later:

1) Well if people ask the same thing constantly then we should have a faqs instead of the slag heap. The only time I see Slag heap necessary would be when the same thing keeps getting posted and the answers are the same but we need activity again to have the slag heap.

2) A child board for each game....well if you want to conserve space yes and don't want to scroll down for 10 minutes trying to find the game with the modding forums.

3) If people ask for it for the game they play then sure but Cain has to also agree with such an idea so we don't just create multiple ones. Just to be sure anyways.

4) Hmm a post on what games we want to talk about and having a sub-forum in? Go for it  ;D Common people speak up its YOUR forums  :P

5) Well at first could we do a thread to see how popular the game is then we slowly expand it with the popularity it has? Like we did with EAW when it first released we slowly expanded it and now we have FoC & P-02.